300ZX (Z31) Forums Dedicated to 84-89 ZCars otherwize known as the Z31's

Need to Know

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2003, 02:31 PM
Well, maybe one more

Location: Far away, locked up from anything interesting, almost in the dead center of the US
Need to Know

Anyone know, For sure,

I am putting some parts back together, and am having problems remembering or not, so heres the question,

On the back of the thermostat housing(87t), there is a metal pipe, that runs underneath the intake manifold all along the top of the engine. I can't find this bugger in a manual, so I thought I would ask, There is a space on the pipe for what looks like an o-ring, to go between the pipe connection and the thermostat housing. Does anyone know with any certainty if this is a rubber o-ring, or a brass crush ring.

The reason i ask is because my gasket kit came with one crush ring, I remember removing original said crush ring, but I don't remember where the sinkin thing goes. Also, there was traces of brass on this particular tube, so i am thinking this is the one, but I want to be sure! Thanks in advance!
Old 08-30-2003, 10:55 PM
Well, maybe one more

Location: Far away, locked up from anything interesting, almost in the dead center of the US
Az, Spot? got any hints?
Old 08-31-2003, 08:42 AM

Re: Need to Know

As I recall, it's either an o-ring or a gasket there. The only place I've seen crush rings are in the oil system. If it's actually a groove in the housing, then I'd almost guarantee it's an o-ring.

it's not shown anywhere in the fsm, but it's in section 210 of the fiche. part code 14075E, part number 21014-V5010.

http://z31.com/fiche/2/i08.gif
Old 09-01-2003, 09:17 PM
Well, maybe one more

Thankyou thankyou thankyou ect............