300ZX (Z31) Forums Dedicated to 84-89 ZCars otherwize known as the Z31's

It might all be over :(

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2004, 07:11 PM
VIVA LA Z31!

It might all be over :(

Took the car to nissan dealership and they say that they want 6G's to redo all of the cooling components, and to fix the dash they have to redo all the wiring. You guyz believe that? 6 THOUSAND DOLLARS? If i dont figure something out quick then the Z may be on the way to the edge of the cliff. Just looking for suggestions, ideas, comments...thanks

Rob
Old 03-30-2004, 07:41 PM

Holy crap do it yourself. I just replaced my entire cooling system (had my radiator boiled and re-cored). It's not hard to do. DO NOT TAKE YOUR CAR TO A DEALERSHIP THEY WILL TAKE YOUR WALLET OUT ON A JOY RIDE! What is wrong with the dash? Again the dash can be done by yourself its not the worst of things and I don't see why they would have to redo all of the wiring. Find another mechanic or do it all yourself. Trust me it is much much cheaper to do it yourself.
Old 03-30-2004, 07:55 PM
Z Extreme Guy

you dont live to fare from me i have a radator you can just have for free and if i have anything els its yours dont give up man. send me a list of things and i will look in my stok pile that came out of my z from when i did the convertion. if you love your z and dont want it to go a way you can save it let me know emzil me zextremenv@yahoo.com and if i dont have it im sure some one in the club will.
Old 03-30-2004, 09:10 PM
VIVA LA Z31!

Hey buddha thanks for the offer...I sent you an email. Of course i love it! I was thinking about it...i would proly cry if i had to say bye lol! and im thinking that this cooling stuff shouldnt be that big of deal...ill just get a manuel (which one you recomend?) Its about time i actually do some of this **** myself and i have nuthing to lose :/
Old 03-31-2004, 08:35 AM
Z Extreme Guy

Originally Posted by CrAzY_84na
Hey buddha thanks for the offer...I sent you an email. Of course i love it! I was thinking about it...i would proly cry if i had to say bye lol! and im thinking that this cooling stuff shouldnt be that big of deal...ill just get a manuel (which one you recomend?) Its about time i actually do some of this **** myself and i have nuthing to lose :/
i have all four of them i got the cd from courtsy nissan, and the dealer bibel and i have bouth chiltons ,and haynes. i would get atleast the chiltons and haynes some times they word things difrent and it makes it easer (some times) and chilton has like 3 books on z31 get the one that is for the z31 only.the outhe one is frome 240z to z31,its agood book to by but kinda vage on the cars.
Old 03-31-2004, 10:04 AM

I'll say it again..."Dealerships suck". $6k!?!?! You gotta be kidding. How did those guys keep a straight face when they told you that? What you're talking about doing is not a weekend job, so I hope you have another form a transportation. On the plus side,...if you do it yourself, at least you'll know the job is being done right.
Old 03-31-2004, 07:46 PM
VIVA LA Z31!

yea i know, my dads proly gonna get my mom another Z...and heis tryin to get me a truck...he sais that i wont try and turn it into a race car :/
Old 04-01-2004, 03:33 PM
confuzed member

Tell him you'll keep it stock then.
Old 04-01-2004, 07:26 PM
VIVA LA Z31!

Originally Posted by emo236
Tell him you'll keep it stock then.
...i cant lie...lol
Old 04-06-2004, 12:34 AM
Z Extreme Guy

ok good news i have a radator and a water pump so you can just have them if you want get in touch with me and well make arangments. ok? lets all help him get it back on the road.
Old 04-06-2004, 09:04 AM
VIVA LA Z31!

haha thanks buddha! BUT! its in the shop as i type...my dad is one of those guyz that gets all frustrated and throws a fit and puts it somewhere to get fixed...the place its at is called polar bear. I think they will do a good job.
Thanks agian for the offer tho.

Rob
Old 04-06-2004, 10:56 PM
Z Extreme Guy

no problem i got your back if you need me