300ZX (Z31) Forums Dedicated to 84-89 ZCars otherwize known as the Z31's

im new.and need help.

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 08:31 PM

im new.and need help.

my name is bobby, i just got z31 turbo 1987. im having alot problems with it lol, it turn on but the car will turn off when i press the gas, i change the cyl temp sensor, fuel filter. i was looking at intake it different from all turbo models?.
when i did spark plug trick with screw driver and spark plug wire there was no spark. i look around but no one knows,
i was looking at this forum and decided to make account, if anyone can help me please
intake i was talking bout

Name:  300zx.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  69.1 KB
my car
Name:  300zx2.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  45.3 KB
Old 11-28-2011, 10:30 PM

The engine has had alot of stuff done to it. Not sure from you or the previous owners. The intake plenum is from a pathfinder for one. The distributor cap seems like its been effed with. The chts is unplugged in the pic and it seems you have a unmounted boost controller. If the car runs it must be getting a spark and air. I would think it has to do something with fuel. I suggest to start there.
Old 11-29-2011, 10:24 AM

Does it idle fine or is it rough. When you press the gas does it run fine until 2k rpm? I'd start with some engine codes since this is a new car for you. Might be looking at an MAF(mass air-flow meeter) problem. The more details the better. And list the ECU codes its throwing.
I am also unsure about not having a timing belt cover. Perhaps someone on this board can enlighten me but I was told it was dangerous to not have a timing belt cover.

Good luck