300ZX (Z31) Forums Dedicated to 84-89 ZCars otherwize known as the Z31's

Hot air when driving.

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2002, 09:41 AM
Well, maybe one more

Location: Far away, locked up from anything interesting, almost in the dead center of the US
Re: Hot air when driving.

A/c should be decomp. by a dealer or mechanic as it is illegal (if you have freon) to discharge that stuff into the air.

Old 07-22-2002, 10:44 AM

No idea what you are talking about but maybe this will help...
<a href=http://jboykin@users2.ev1.net/~jboykin/Miscellaneous%20car%20info.htm>???</a>

ZenArcher

Old 07-22-2002, 09:14 PM

that one should go to the top of the plenum back by the firewall. there's a fitting on there which should have either 2 hose nozzles coming out of the fitting, or one nozzle coming out with a small chunk of vac hose on it, then a Y. (one of those goes to cruise actuator, the other is the hose with blue stripe that you're talking about). I think it was on my '85 that the fitting going into the plenum acutally had 2 nozzles sticking out of it (I like that kind better - something else for me to watch for at the junkyard....)

Old 07-23-2002, 08:27 AM

I think I see your problem...

(looking at your pic) the nozzle coming off the back of the plenum has a hose going to the heater **** valve. that hose is supposed to have a Y in it (the Y has one larger and one smaller port on it), with one split (the larger one) going to the cruise control actuator, and the other (the small one) going to the canister up by the headlight (should go to the port on the bottom). the hose that is left should go to that heater **** valve (that's the silver thing between the 2 circles you drew on the image.

at lunchtime i'll sneak out and get a pic of mine for you if i have all the vac lines set up properly in the car i'm driving today. I'm in skeeter - she has minimal accessories since she was flooded last year. <a target=y href="http://zspot.nissanpower.com">click here</a> for pics (so you'll understand why she's so barely equipped...).

Old 07-24-2002, 10:43 PM

There is a difference but Spot has at least 3 of each so no matter. I think you may be overcomplicating this. Are you saying you have more hoses than ports or vice versa? It sounds like you're saying you have 2 hoses to hook up to the heater valve.

ZenArcher

Old 07-25-2002, 10:22 AM

ok, the ones in the white circle - one should be slightly larger, that's the one that goes to the cruise control. the other one should go to the front of the engine to what you call the headlamp canister (the one up front). the other 2 on the headlamp canister - one goes to heater **** valve, the other thru the firewall.

Old 07-25-2002, 10:38 AM

look at the attachment, a sloppy sketch of how it should be.

13319-vacuum.gif
Old 07-25-2002, 10:46 AM

modified attachment to show routing on turbo cars.

13320-vacuumt.gif

Quick Reply: Hot air when driving.