300ZX (Z31) Forums Dedicated to 84-89 ZCars otherwize known as the Z31's

All z's do this?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2004, 09:31 PM
VIVA LA Z31!

All z's do this?

I duno bout you guyz but at the slightest touch of the gas my Z jumps...i guess you would call it throttle response? I mean i duno if its just a thing with old cars or just Z's or sports car in general. Because i drive my dads truck and my friends Mercedes and neither of the respond like my Z . Im just curious whats up with that...

Thanks yallz

Rob
Old 03-27-2004, 04:09 AM

Originally Posted by CrAzY_84na
I duno bout you guyz but at the slightest touch of the gas my Z jumps...i guess you would call it throttle response? I mean i duno if its just a thing with old cars or just Z's or sports car in general. Because i drive my dads truck and my friends Mercedes and neither of the respond like my Z . Im just curious whats up with that...

Thanks yallz

Rob
Most cars from the 80s had jumpy throttle response. Drive anything GM from that period , you'll see what I mean. Simply put , it was one way of masking low horsepower.
Old 03-27-2004, 07:09 PM
VIVA LA Z31!

Originally Posted by 85TurboZ
Most cars from the 80s had jumpy throttle response. Drive anything GM from that period , you'll see what I mean. Simply put , it was one way of masking low horsepower.

haha gotchya thanks for replyin

and to all of you that didnt reply

I DIDNT WANT YOU TO ANYWAY!

nah im not a hater...im just damn bored...and the board needs stuff to talk about...

Rob
Old 03-28-2004, 01:00 AM

my Z isnt jumpy, but thats cuz I dont surprise it with harsh throttle inputs. I bring on the power nice and smooth, and she rewards my nice touch with a nice response *shrug*
Old 03-28-2004, 04:24 AM

Originally Posted by 86ZXTurbo
my Z isnt jumpy, but thats cuz I dont surprise it with harsh throttle inputs. I bring on the power nice and smooth, and she rewards my nice touch with a nice response *shrug*
Yeah , the turbo cars from that era were a little slower , because of the lower compression ratio they weren't as jumpy. The non-turbo cars , on the other hand............
Old 03-28-2004, 11:21 AM
VIVA LA Z31!

Originally Posted by 85TurboZ
Yeah , the turbo cars from that era were a little slower , because of the lower compression ratio they weren't as jumpy. The non-turbo cars , on the other hand............
yeah let me tell you the throttel response it ridiculous...but i like it