300ZX (Z31) Forums Dedicated to 84-89 ZCars otherwize known as the Z31's

AC

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2001, 05:18 AM
Well, maybe one more

Location: Far away, locked up from anything interesting, almost in the dead center of the US
AC

Hey All,

I seem to be having a small problem with the AC on my car. It (the car) is an 86 zx w/auto climate control. My problem is that whenever the AC is running and I push the tach up above 2600 RPM, all I get is warm air instead of cool. Any suggestions? My local Nissan shop is about as worthless as they come, I had to take the car elsewhere to get the belts changed, they'd never done one before.

Thanks.

Ghost

Old 04-28-2001, 06:08 PM
Well, maybe one more

Location: Far away, locked up from anything interesting, almost in the dead center of the US
Re: AC

Actually had ALL of them replaced when I had a heater core blow. Still didn't seem to fix the problem.

Thanks though,
Ghost

Old 04-28-2001, 11:40 PM

Ghostz,use the search feature at z31.com,that's a common problem.Use the search before you post there unless you're thick-skinned because there are some asses there that would rather give a half-page reply telling you to search the archives than to simply answer your question.But there are some that would reply and maybe give you a solution.

ZenArcher
Old 04-30-2001, 09:28 PM
Well, maybe one more

Zen,

I really am not that thick, at least not to my knowledge. I haven't been able to pull z31 up for almost a month now, my server says it doesn't exist, @#$%^&&**^&# thing. Anyways, I hear that there are soleniods somewhere in there that are attached to the system that could be the culprit. Any suggestions? Oh, Nissan (not that they have been all that helpful in the past) says that the freon level is fine( thanx for the suggestion AZ) and that nothing is wrong with the car at all. $#!@#$ mechanics. Anyways, thanx for any advise,
later
Ghost

Old 05-01-2001, 03:55 PM

I don't know if Z's have them but some car's have a low switch or something like that.Hell,a/c trouble is just a bitch any way you look at it.My a/c on my old 280 was all screwy.Sometimes it worked sometimes not.I tore into it 3 times and couldn't find anything wrong.

ZenArcher
Old 05-01-2001, 04:01 PM

I don't know if Z's have them but some car's have a low switch or something like that.Hell,a/c trouble is just a bitch any way you look at it.My a/c on my old 280 was all screwy.Sometimes it worked sometimes not.I tore into it 3 times and couldn't find anything wrong.Never said you were thick,just letting you know in case you didn't already.They sometimes take up half the page going on about questions that have been asked already.And then take up the other half w/ some really stupid [censored] like who's got the best engine bay color scheme,lol.

ZenArcher
Old 05-02-2001, 11:14 AM
Well, maybe one more

Wasn't really offended at all. I have seen the posts over there and you are right. I'll just keep taking it apart until I find the problem. Thanks

Ghost