300ZX (Z31) Appearance Exterior, Interior Discussions related to body kits, accessories, interiors, window tinting etc.

Digital Cluster Problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2005, 10:11 PM

Digital Cluster Problems

Digital Cluster Problem
I recently noticed while driving that the Warning lights - Lights, High Beam, Door ajar... etc. come ON ... Nothing happens to the motor, everything still works..

The only thing I recently changed on the engine was the O2 sensor, it still had the original...

Any ideas as to what could be causing the problem? Also, I recently saw some sort of electronic type "repair" for the digital clusters, anyone know anything about these??
Old 09-01-2005, 12:16 PM

http://www.az-zbum.com/information.warning.lights.shtml
Old 09-01-2005, 05:42 PM

Yeah, I know what each individual light means...

I am saying that they all come on at the same time... but the car is running fine..

I know my bulbs aren't burnt out, doors flying open, radiator blowing up all at once...

what else could this be?? after a while, they all go out....
Old 09-02-2005, 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by ZEDX
Yeah, I know what each individual light means...

I am saying that they all come on at the same time... but the car is running fine..

I know my bulbs aren't burnt out, doors flying open, radiator blowing up all at once...

what else could this be?? after a while, they all go out....
DUMBASS. Read:

You do speak english, right? If not, you're very adept at posting in English.

If I post a link, it's because the information you are asking for appears on that page, or a page that is linked by that page. If you don't take the time to actually READ, you're only asking for me to be an ***.

From my page:
Alternator There is a problem with the charging system. This light typicaly means the alternator has taken a dump. Usually, a few of the other lights come on at the same time. Simply replace the alternator. Be sure you have the auto parts store test the old alternator first. And before you leave the store, have them test the new alternator as a number of rebuilt alternators end up being dead on arrival. The voltage regulator is internal to the alternator, so you replace the whole thing as one unit.
Old 09-02-2005, 10:27 AM

Yeah I can read M*&^* F (*&(*&
Old 09-22-2005, 06:31 AM

Hey thanks tophat, as it turns out it was a loose connection in the wiring harness behind the dash... I know that the previous owner had replaced the digital cluster,, and it actually fixed a few other flaky problems too.

I also had the Alternator checked out, but it was charging the system just fine..

Thanks for your KIND help...