300ZX (Z31) Appearance Exterior, Interior Discussions related to body kits, accessories, interiors, window tinting etc.

Custom Sub Enclosure

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 08:52 PM

Custom Sub Enclosure

I was wondering if anyone has seen any good sub boxes custom made in a Z31? Due to the poor shape of my rear carpet, I was going to remove it and trace the pattern onto a piece of mdf. Im assuming once its the right size, I could just lay the mdf board in the back and expanf my design of it. Has anyone heard of this process before? Thanks Everyone.
Oh, and does anyone at all know of a Z club in the OKC area. Having just moved here from Vacaville California, I don't know of any teams or clubs, but so far have been incredibly disappointed.
Old 03-15-2009, 09:02 PM

Yep, seen all kinds. My Infinity Basslink works fine for me, though. It really doesn't take up much space, and probably sounds better since it has a passive driver on the other side. Space is a big deal to me, since I need enough room for a few guitar amps and other various equipment. I'm sure AZ-Bum will direct you to his tutorial, though.
Attached Thumbnails Custom Sub Enclosure-basslink.jpg  

Last edited by SloppyGoat; 03-15-2009 at 09:06 PM.
Old 03-16-2009, 06:24 AM
Pr0n Addict

i got a friend that has one just like that ^^^ in his stealth. i like it a lot. that's the way to go. it doesn't require a huge cabinet, and it really does pump. it's powerful enough to be too loud in that car.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:24 AM

I do like those amp sub combos, especially the Infinity setup. I was thinking about fabricating my own up with some fiberglass. The one I made for my Acura right before it was totaled held two 12's and two 6.5 components. Id love to do that again. I know its an odd question, but does anyone have the exact measurements of the hatch area?
Old 03-16-2009, 12:35 PM
Pr0n Addict

i don't know if you know this, but there is more than meets the eye involved in a good sub housing. if you can buy one like that, i think you'll be a lot happier. the design is pretty crucial in letting the right amount of air in and giving it the right amount of space and where it should be. and also where the padding should be and how thick what parts of the cab should be. i've tried before, and even cheap, strange looking cabinets from the music stores ended up putting out more sound with the same speakers. you really have to research a lot to get a homemade cab to be as good as most of the ones that you can buy unless you just mimick an existing design. i don't care what you do, i'm just saying what my experience has taught me. and i've been playing music and performing for like 5 years, and have a decent amount of sound experience.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by KasbeKZ
i got a friend that has one just like that ^^^ in his stealth. i like it a lot. that's the way to go. it doesn't require a huge cabinet, and it really does pump. it's powerful enough to be too loud in that car.
Some songs make my hair vibrate, if I turn it up. LOL It has a cool remote **** you can mount right above your right knee (with a bit of ingenuity), to adjust the level...then it also has quite a range of adjustment on the sub case, too. I like it. It's plenty for this little 2 seater. I have another amp under the passenger seat for the other four, and there you go.

Last edited by SloppyGoat; 03-17-2009 at 12:03 AM.
Old 03-15-2012, 12:53 PM

Custom Stealth Sub Enclosure

There is an internet based company called subthump.com I am running one of there boxes in my 08 Acc. cab Tacoma. I love it. its 10" down fire and looks like a center console for the rear seats. Once I got my Z of course i checked to see if one was available for it. they make them for Z31 and Z32. the Z31 box replaces the driver side rear compartment and I think it will fit a full depth 10" woofer. these guys are great. shipping is a little pricy but its fast and very well packed. no broken corners. check them out

www.subthump.com
Old 03-15-2012, 02:35 PM

Sub Box

I made this box out of 3/4 mdf, traced out a patern for the bottom, and built the box to fit, I glued and screwed the joints and used a silicon caulk on the seems inside. I covered it in padding and vinyl, its the perfect size for a sealed 10 inch, and thats more than enough to thump pretty hard. I fits in snug and doesnt move.
Attached Thumbnails Custom Sub Enclosure-sub.jpg  
Old 05-10-2012, 09:55 AM

Zenclosures are pretty sweet looking, and they go in the little space behind the read speakers. I am in Eastern Oklahoma, and a new Z owner. If you find any great clubs let me know. Once I get mine looking pretty, I'll have to take it somewhere to show it off. Everyone around here thinks I just have an old car...and have no idea how impressed they should be.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:54 PM

Mark: Branson Z Fest 2012

You don't need it looking great to go there. Just go and have fun.