ZDriver.com

ZDriver.com (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/)
-   280ZX (S130) Forums (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/280zx-s130-forums-77/)
-   -   When it came time, i couldnt do it (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/280zx-s130-forums-77/when-came-time-i-couldnt-do-30149/)

casperzxt 02-14-2010 01:30 PM

When it came time, i couldnt do it

i was gonna sell my 280zxt, but i just couldnt do it. i love the damn car even though it has its issues.

so, when i turn the key on, my back 3 injectors start buzzing alot, like a constant buzzing, and behind the dash, i think either the ignition relay or fuel pump relay is clicking really bad, like moving clicking.

all of this would not let me start the car, so i got it on a battery charger and my friend tapped the jump leads a couple imes and it cranked over and started, but even when started i could feel the back 3 injectors stil firing alot and it was running extremely rich, it was blowing alot of smoke through the exhaust. so we took it for a spin and the turbo still spooled good, but it would cut out a little bit when i hit boost.

i checked my fusible links, and they seem fine, but the 2 wires from the positive terminal seem a little loose when they go to the bottom of the fusible link box. could this be a culprit? should i replace the fuel pump and ignition relay? the car ran perfectly fine until this started happening, it is frustrating. could a low battery cause this, casue the battery is really junky, i do need a new one, and alt. i did use the search button, i promise so please dont tell me to search, i have been searching this past hour ha ha, waiting on laundry :disgust:

any help is much appreciated, TIA guys, im glad i kept my zx :biggrin:

thetremendousti 02-15-2010 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by casperzxt (Post 275342)
i was gonna sell my 280zxt, but i just couldnt do it. i love the damn car even though it has its issues.

so, when i turn the key on, my back 3 injectors start buzzing alot, like a constant buzzing, and behind the dash, i think either the ignition relay or fuel pump relay is clicking really bad, like moving clicking.

all of this would not let me start the car, so i got it on a battery charger and my friend tapped the jump leads a couple imes and it cranked over and started, but even when started i could feel the back 3 injectors stil firing alot and it was running extremely rich, it was blowing alot of smoke through the exhaust. so we took it for a spin and the turbo still spooled good, but it would cut out a little bit when i hit boost.

i checked my fusible links, and they seem fine, but the 2 wires from the positive terminal seem a little loose when they go to the bottom of the fusible link box. could this be a culprit? should i replace the fuel pump and ignition relay? the car ran perfectly fine until this started happening, it is frustrating. could a low battery cause this, casue the battery is really junky, i do need a new one, and alt. i did use the search button, i promise so please dont tell me to search, i have been searching this past hour ha ha, waiting on laundry :disgust:

any help is much appreciated, TIA guys, im glad i kept my zx :biggrin:

if your injectors are buzzing and relays are normally functioning, maybe you should check your ECU for any crossed paths or broken solders?:s-chainsaw::s-chainsaw::s-chainsaw:

casperzxt 02-15-2010 10:25 PM

ya, its just the back 3 for some odd reason, dont the injectors fire front 3 back 3 front 3? i thought i read that in a thread somewhere.

the ecu plugs feel a little loose and wiggly, but all the wires are in the plugs pretty good.

as far as i can tell there is nothing crossed, but should my relays be clicking and moving that bad? i kn ow some relays do that but i havent seen them do it that bad.

my buddy and i are gonna work and mess around with the injector wires tomorrow, we might re wire the fusible links, and maybe but a new relay. the car came with a used relat in the center console, and the car did come from a junk yard so maybe the PO was having this issue and said eff it and got rid of the car.

Side note: my friend is doing a 350 swap into his 280z, would his 4spd tranny and rear end bolt up just fine to my turbo zx? i thought i read somewhere that they kept the drive line the same through the z and zx, and i could get rid of my automatic that way, he is also giving my the clutch master cylinder and slave, and peddle, but i doubt those will work, or will they???

TIA guys

casperzxt 02-15-2010 10:25 PM

wow sorry for some spelling, i am tired ha ha

lww 02-16-2010 12:11 AM

Transmission and differential from his car will fit your car, but his drive shaft and peddles won't. What year is your ZXT? Depending on the year, your automatic may have a shorter rear end which is the one you want for acceleration, but it'll hurt your fuel mileage.