280ZX (S130) Forums Dedicated to 79-83 ZCars

Ticked Off

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 09:03 PM

I wish I could. I dont have anywhere to put the motor once I pull it though. I dont think it will fit in the back of the focus with the rest of the crap we're bringing with us.

I listed the car on ebay as a 3 day auction too. If I get higher offers through here though I'll pull it off ebay. I just want someone to give it a good home. Its a great car. But at the very least the motor and trans alone are a good enough reason to buy the car. When I say this thing runs perfect I mean it runs perfect.
Old 07-06-2006, 08:09 PM

To the couple of you that tried to pm me, for whatever reasons: I just cleared out my inbox. Sorry about that. I guess I should've checked that

Also, if I dont get an offer on the entire car then I'll be taking offers on the parts. I have til saterday to pull parts so if you want something then claim it NOW. Just name your price.

Everything related to the engine and it's components is in perfect working condition. A lot of new stuff too; Alternator, water pump and battery are brand new. Less then 20 miles on all 3 of them. Everything else on the car is fairly aged. The chassis has about 250K+ on it. The trans only has about 90K on it but I dont know if I'll have time to pull the larger things like that. For the right price I'll pull anything. PM me if there is something you want. Remember, this is the 83 turbo engine...just keep that in mind when claiming a part.
Old 07-08-2006, 01:50 PM

alright final call. Nobody wants the car or any parts??? This thing is going to go to the junker with a perfectly running L28ET. This car starts up right away, no endless cranking. It idles perfectly, whether its cold or warm. It accelerates without a single hiccup or hesitation. This thing literally runs and drives perfectly with the exception of the alignment. I had the boost set at 10psi and it would spool to it instantaneously. I've got the boost back down to factory due to switching back to 87 octane. Timing is spot on. Most of the external parts on the motor are new. Plus there are the headlight covers...

I hate to see this thing get tossed but if it comes to that then so be it. I'd rather donate it to somebody here then see it get junked, so if nobody offers me anything then someone can even have it for free.
Old 07-08-2006, 02:25 PM
The Cake Is A Lie!

you should give it to skully. at least he could drive his z while fixing his motor.
Old 07-08-2006, 02:32 PM

tell him to come pick it up
Old 07-08-2006, 02:55 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Hey J, you have the clear headlight covers? If so how much man?
Old 07-08-2006, 03:00 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Unhappy

Also it really sucks to hear you getting rid of your Z. You have put so much into that car, it is a shame. You are parting with it, are you sure there is no way to keep your Z? Man I wish I could help you out. Good luck to you, and hopefully somebody will give your Z a nice home. I would love to have the turbo motor out of it. I sure would hate it to go to the wrecking yard. And you have been a great help to me, and others on this great website.
Old 07-08-2006, 04:07 PM

I just took her down town to the grocery store a few minutes ago and it just made me feel like even more of a retard for waiting til the last minute to try to get her ready for the trip. She's just such a blast when I get on her. I gunned it from the stoplight and went up to third gear where I pegged the speedo for a few seconds before shifting to 4th and letting off. I'm going to try to talk the inlaws into storing it for a while if it doesn't sell. But its really doubtful cause they've expressed that they dont want it there for any length of time. they said if I sold it they'd keep it for a couple of weeks til the buyer could pick it up but thats pretty much it. I'll PM you about the covers WildmaN. I plan to get a slick top ASAP once I'm settled in out in SD. I wont be Z less for long. My wife promised me if I can just part with this one we'll make getting another one priority. She likes the Z's but has a sour taste with this one. I talked the guy down and bought it on the spot. She cried all night cause of that. Ever since then she's had a hatred for this car. I'm supposed to go talk to a guy in Norfolk out here tomorrow about taking it off my hands. His son is an avid racer and he might be interested in it.
Old 07-08-2006, 04:15 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Man if I was near you, I would let you store it at my place, as long as you need it to. But I think that idea is nill considering, I am in AZ. I am serious though man, hate to see somebody part with a car. They have put there heart and soul into.
Old 07-08-2006, 04:32 PM

The only thing I've put more time and money into is my son. The kid has enough toys and video games to fill an entire bedroom. And he's only 3. My wifes says I'm spoiling him. I just want him to be able to have fun when ever he wants. The power wheel I recently bought him is what really set my wife over the edge. She got mad cause I never buy her anything but I keep going broke buying my son stuff But hey, I'd rather hang out in the toy aisle picking out power rangers or a video game then hanging out in a clothing store or the like

She had me test just how spoiled he was the other day. I took him to the power wheel section in walmart a couple days ago and told him to pick one out. He went straight to the one he has and said that was the one he already had. So I started asking him if he wanted another one. "No dad, I like this one. It's mine" He was happy with what he had. I told her if he was trully spoiled he wouldn't appreciate the things he already has. he's got more toys then I can count and he can keep tabs on pretty much every single one.
Old 07-08-2006, 10:17 PM
Big Poppa

hahahahaha, thats too funny, your kid sounds pretty smart j.
Old 07-08-2006, 10:37 PM

Just like his old man, I see, J.
Old 07-09-2006, 11:42 AM

Alright car is on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1981-...QQcmdZViewItem

I'm still willing to take offers though. Also the headlight covers are now spoken for and do NOT come with the car anymore.
Old 07-09-2006, 05:06 PM
Big Poppa

your selling your car, after all that work??? what the heck j!!! what up man?
Old 07-09-2006, 05:21 PM

After all you have done for everyone on the site, I would gladly let you store your car at my house but Im sure you dont want to drive up to shapleigh, Maine. You dont have any friends that will let you store the car at their house???