280ZX (S130) Forums Dedicated to 79-83 ZCars

Is there something about the movies????

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 11:18 AM

Is there something about the movies????

I just watched last night Fast and furious 1&2. It made me wanna work on my car more than ever. You guys???? It probably has something to do with the burn-out vid I'm wanting to do... Oh well....

Last edited by Carl's Z; 10-03-2005 at 11:20 AM.
Old 10-03-2005, 11:26 AM

I want to work on my car more and more when I watch movies like that. Man Ego I guess.
Old 10-03-2005, 12:33 PM

You're not alone!!
Old 10-03-2005, 12:55 PM
Z8 driver

Originally Posted by Carl's Z
I just watched last night Fast and furious 1&2. It made me wanna work on my car more than ever. You guys???? It probably has something to do with the burn-out vid I'm wanting to do... Oh well....
ok Brian Spilner,

How about all the WWE Commercials in the breaks. we ended up watching more wrestling than racing.
Old 10-03-2005, 02:15 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

I agree about wanting the Z to work more. The anticipation is killing me!
Old 10-03-2005, 04:12 PM
Doesn't post much...

Funny, When I watch those movies all I wanna do is go out and roast some ricky racer kid in his Honda...

Rod.
Old 10-03-2005, 04:59 PM
Bleach is my Hero

I was SOOO PISSED today.. Since somehow all 4 of my vehicles ended up either in the shop or in operable today I was tooling around in my dad's golf {89 1.8l} and a jackass ricer civic was in the turning lane behind me I was going too slow apparently and he tried to pass on the shoulder so I moved over to the shoulder yelling "YOU GOTTA POINT TO LEAD BITCH!!" and ran him off the road partway into a ditch... Now am I in the wrong here?? oh and yeah movies do wanna make me drive different.. Try owning a crotch rocket and watching a stunt video
Old 10-03-2005, 07:47 PM

Is he dead?
If not then no harm no foul

And besides, it's basic drivers ed., YOU ALWAYS PASS ON THE LEFT

I've got some greenbacks saying he never trys to pass anyone on the shoulder again
Old 10-04-2005, 02:28 AM

LOL, for some reason I would concour (excuse spelling tired). I hate drag racing, but I was waiting for a honda comment in this thread. Passing on the left is a bad idea in Aust. jfairladyz all you'll find is dirt and ditches. I think that guy would have ended up like the princess in fubarl33t's icon with mario, Hehehe. But I am waiting to redo the ZX. Its a 23 year old car and people tell me its out dated but its still got enough to make the drivers of current car's weep.
Old 10-04-2005, 04:52 AM

My ZX is done for can't do much else, for the next Autocross Season I want to run a Ford PInto with a P71 engine package... as for killing hondas in kennewick I am 15 & 3
Old 10-04-2005, 08:29 AM
lww
Head Muckraker

If it wasn't wrong it wouldn't be so damn funny!

Although he was definitely in the wrong trying to pass on the shoulder, you were also wrong by recklessly putting both of you and anyone around you at risk.

Since you escalated the situation, you're equally at fault if not more so.

If he received any injuries, you could be in trouble if he can find out who you were. Fortunately, you were in your dad's car!

When I was a young punk, anytime I did something stupid like that, I immediately call the police to report a reckless driver. Of course, omitting my own culpability in the exchange.

In situations like these, where you've both been stupid, the first one to call the cops is generally looked upon by the court as the victim who's testimony carries more weight.

If the ricer had a mad body kit with three level rear wing and your dad's Golf was a plain jane daily driver, you'll have even more credibility as it will appear he's a 'reckless' street racer in a hopped up 'Fast & Furius' stunt car...
Old 10-04-2005, 10:30 AM
The Evil Twin

Originally Posted by lww
he's a 'reckless' street racer in a hopped up 'Fast & Furius' stunt car...
even if 'hopped up' is only a K&N filter and cat back exhaust. hehe
Old 10-04-2005, 12:37 PM
Bleach is my Hero

He just had the pepsi can mufler that is it.. And yeah it is a completly stock Golf.. {I hate it too slow} But I figured if tried something else I would get out of the car and mess him up some..
Old 10-04-2005, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Carl's Z
I just watched last night Fast and furious 1&2. It made me wanna work on my car more than ever.
Man all of us Keeping the z's alive and driving them the way they were meant to be driven need to try to get a z in one of those fast and the furious movies. Think of it ricer cars that ain't even 8 years old getting smoked by our beloved 20+ year old Z's. I say that would be frickin AWESOME!!
Old 10-06-2005, 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by pete8717
Man all of us Keeping the z's alive and driving them the way they were meant to be driven need to try to get a z in one of those fast and the furious movies. Think of it ricer cars that ain't even 8 years old getting smoked by our beloved 20+ year old Z's. I say that would be frickin AWESOME!!
There was a casting call for extras in the next FnF sequel a few weeks ago. They were particularly looking for RWD cars (focus on drifting). I would've gone, but my Turbo had only gotten out of the paint shop the day before and I wouldn't have had the time to prep for the trip. ~_~ I really wanted to put up a showing for the OG Z's.
Old 10-06-2005, 10:08 AM
The Evil Twin

I wonder if they really would have considered your car even if it was show quality. I think I read about the last casting call and they said something like 'no cars over 6 years old'
Old 10-07-2005, 05:41 AM

Well that sucks. Those bastards are just looking for new cars where you have to spend a **** load of money on to fix up and advertise through the movie for parts stores. With Z's we don't have to spend a **** load of money for it to be fast because it's pretty quick as it is. I believe it was rodmoyes who said z cars aren't meant to out accelerate other cars in drags but to totally outperform many of the cars that are built.
Old 10-07-2005, 07:56 AM
The Evil Twin

If they did put a Z in the movie they would probably only go with the one true 'classic' Z-car which is the 240Z and it would probably have to have an RB26DETT for them to look twice at it. That movie is all about new trends and old school is back in style but probably not enough for a movie like that.
Old 10-07-2005, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Bleach
I think I read about the last casting call and they said something like 'no cars over 6 years old'

The email I was sent regarding the casting call was only days before the event, but didn't mention anything about an age requirement. If they excluded cars older than 6 years, that would eliminate almost every popular RWD car, like the S13's, RX7's, AE86's, etc. (all of which were cars there were especially looking for). But oh well, the casting call's over, so it's a moot point now. Now it's just time to wait and see the results of their efforts.
Old 10-07-2005, 09:03 PM
lww
Head Muckraker

I know of an R33 & R34 GT-R that made it into the show. If an RB powered 240Z is a criteria, then I know one that might make the grade...