280ZX (S130) Forums Dedicated to 79-83 ZCars

Parting out my Z

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 06:09 PM

Parting out my Z

yeah i'm actually going to do it. I posted a thread a couple months ago but was really hoping i wouldn't have to do this but saving money for this kind of project is impossible right now for me.

It is a 1980 280zx 2+2 with tokico performance springs and HP struts, msa 3-2 headers and performance exhaust.

everything else on the car is original or oem quality except for the alternator which is a piece from kragen. It works fine but if your running anykind of sound system it probably wont satisfy you.

engine runs great but the radiator and ac are shreaded and the frame is in reallybad shape do to an accident. hood is trashed and front fenders look straight but with the frame out of whak you might have trouble hanging them. everything else seems cherry though so give me a call. If your local i'd love to do buisness with you and if your out of state just don't ask for anything too big. I don't want the hassle.

post somthing or e-mail me at kymata17@yahoo.com if your intersested in anything.
Old 12-18-2008, 11:23 AM
Dunkin' Donutz

Be nice to see some pictures so we can see how bad is what part (body wise).
Do you have the radio/cassette system unit in working condition. I have a 82 zxt that need an OEM radio/cassette?
Old 12-18-2008, 11:37 AM

I don't have a camera so it might be awhile before I get some pictures up. I do have a radio/casste player that came with the car. it's not original, though. I'll try and get some pics up as soon as I can.
Old 12-18-2008, 04:26 PM
eff good grammar

wow ****, how many miles are on the shocks and springs?

also can you do me a favor and measure the ammount of distance from the bottom edge of the wheel well to the ground?
Old 12-19-2008, 05:01 AM
Under My Car... brb

I really need the b pillar finishers for the door jamb. I am having a really hard time finding a set. Let me know price w/shipping. There are some other small parts I need so I'll PM with a list.
Old 12-19-2008, 08:03 AM

Interested in the injectors, how many miles on them?

Robert - r.long2@comcast.net
Old 12-19-2008, 04:22 PM

sent pm about speedo cable
Old 12-27-2008, 08:37 PM

how much for the headers?
Old 12-30-2008, 03:03 PM

ok here's the deal with the car. I am hving trouble finding a yard that will take it after i part it out and i don't want a shell stuck out in front of my house. any one from the bay know any wreckers or dismatlers that will take it? pick and pull wont take it if i sell any main components of the interior, the transmission, or any major engine components (i'm not sure what make a part a major because most all of them are essential?), and A-1 auto wreckers, dorris AW, and E&J aren't interested in the car at all. Any ideas?

I'd love to start getting some of thsese parts to you guys, but i can't be stuck with anything in the end. it needs somewhere to go.
Old 12-30-2008, 03:26 PM
eff good grammar

i completely understand that, i had a similar problem with my maxima but we eventually just told them "we dont know" after not checking a while and i had pulled a few parts off of it.

take your time, if you can do it then do it but i understand if you cant. if your un able to get rid of it after parting it out i wouldnt part it and sell the thing as a whole, mabe if you get another one in the future save the worth while parts for you self and replace them with junkyard parts or something.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:16 PM

well im in sac. idk where to go but i know plenty of places in northern nv. how far are u from sac? i wouldnt mind taking a look at the body and see'ing if i can use some of the parts.
Old 12-31-2008, 10:51 AM
Dunkin' Donutz

Hey,
You have a working radio/cassette OEM, I would be really interested.
Old 01-01-2009, 03:34 PM

Hi - I have a few parts I'd be really interested in buying off you

1.) The metal trim for the passenger side T-Top enclosure (see pic). I have circled n red the area where the metal trim is missing, and the same trim for the driver's side is also visible.

2.) The brackets the sun visors clip into. On both sides I am missing the little plastic brackets the visors clip into. I have a tan interior...not too fussy about what color they are though...

3.) Air regulator if it's working well

Thanks so much.... kianog at gmail.com
Attached Thumbnails Parting out my Z-dsc00213-small-.jpg  

Last edited by kiboy6; 01-02-2009 at 11:35 AM.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:37 PM
eff good grammar

Originally Posted by plainwhiteZ
ok here's the deal with the car. I am hving trouble finding a yard that will take it after i part it out and i don't want a shell stuck out in front of my house. any one from the bay know any wreckers or dismatlers that will take it? pick and pull wont take it if i sell any main components of the interior, the transmission, or any major engine components (i'm not sure what make a part a major because most all of them are essential?), and A-1 auto wreckers, dorris AW, and E&J aren't interested in the car at all. Any ideas?

I'd love to start getting some of thsese parts to you guys, but i can't be stuck with anything in the end. it needs somewhere to go.

any luck on figuring out what to do?
Old 01-08-2009, 09:11 PM

Do you have the tail lights and are they in good condition? I'm just down the road in Pleasanton.
Old 01-09-2009, 06:37 AM

I need block and head.
Old 01-09-2009, 07:42 AM
Stupid Hurricanes...

seabee their are local blocks/heads in the zclub. shipping from ca is going to suck
Old 01-09-2009, 09:51 PM

where did PlainwhiteZ go?

If you have good tails, I'm interested....and local!
Old 01-14-2009, 01:47 PM

I am interested in the front side markers do you still have them?
Old 01-15-2009, 01:01 AM
eff good grammar

plainwhite

dont worry about me, its nothing to do with you my priorities have changed at the moment. if you get a quote and every thing lemme know but dont stress about it i may not be able to afford it.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:45 AM

ok guys sorry i've been gone for a while here'e the deal. Right now the car is up on jackstands waiting for stuff to be pulled off but time has not allowed me to do much working full time and just starting school again make things a little hectic, but i just bought a new car and need to try and get rid of the z asap :..(

philbert.. i'd be happy to sell you my tail lights they are in fine condition. E- mail me and we'll talk (kymata17@yahoo.com)

seabee... sorry but no.

if anyone wants some front calipers I've already removed those

also njgheewala I'll get a pic up of the cassette player if you still want it. it's not original but it's old at least if thats waht your into(haha).

i'll keep you guys posted, next to come off is springs and strts which are tokico with like 25 miles on them, then it will be headers and exhaust to come off next.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:47 AM

what about head lights i can take those off on my way to the front door anyone want those?
Old 01-20-2009, 03:02 PM
eff good grammar

well like i said earlier lemme know about the shocks and springs but i may not be able to get em
Old 01-20-2009, 03:24 PM

Actually I need one rear side marker do you have that?
Old 01-25-2009, 04:12 PM

yep, it's all yours. still want the tails too?

Quick Reply: Parting out my Z