280ZX (S130) Forums Dedicated to 79-83 ZCars

My Parents Are Retarded

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 10:57 AM

My Parents Are Retarded

my parents took my car to the muffler shop today. my muffler had a huge hole in it, and they wanted to replace the muffler, so i bought a glasspack. just something to stick on there, they said i coudlnt put it on. they instead wanted to buy a whole origional Z exaust for the rear end which is now running them almost 250 bucks. and my glasspack is 30 bucks. it just irritates me.
Old 07-25-2005, 11:19 AM

that sucks. Probably for the better though. Don't want to get the cops attention with your car. You know you could just go to an auto parts store and they sell kits to patch exhaust leaks
Old 07-25-2005, 12:17 PM

yeah but they want the car allllllll origional and want it to b perfect.
Old 07-25-2005, 12:28 PM
Z8 driver

how old are ya man? that sucks... you gotta fight for your right to party
Old 07-25-2005, 12:48 PM

im 18 but i still owe them 2600 bucks for the car
Old 07-25-2005, 12:53 PM
S13 or Z32?....decisions, decisions.

Damn, i feel your pain, my parents oppose any "loud" mods to my Z (which is already loud anyway) cause their afraid our neighbors will bitch...even though their all driving loud *** cars too...I was gonna get an exhaust done, but they wanted it to be a Midas stock type that would have been a total waste of money, so I said screw it until I move out again....it kills me.
Old 07-25-2005, 12:59 PM

yaeh but i got it twice as bad, they wont leme put anything to mod it on it until i pay it off, and im currently jobless. i cant put exaust cam intake nothing. not rims or lower it which i dun needa do anyway, nothing. i have to keep it how it is until i pay it off
Old 07-25-2005, 01:52 PM

well, how do you expect to get that kind of stuff without a job anyways?
Old 07-25-2005, 01:57 PM

man that sucks 4 u, my parents dont care what i do to my car,heck my muffler had a hole in it too and i took it off and went with a piece of angle cut chrome exhaust pipe it looks sweet too,and i cant even drive by my self yet.
Old 07-25-2005, 01:58 PM

well i just turned 18 today, so gettin a job will b a bit easier cuz now i dun have to worry about them not wanting to hire me for insureance reasons. safty bs and wat not. its not wether i have the money or not to do so its the fact that they wont let me. they bought the car for me. i am paying it off, and im paying for gas and insurance. gas which might i add costs me 53 bucks to fill my tank. if im paying for the car and the insurance i should b able to do wat i want to it.
Old 07-25-2005, 04:37 PM

my advice is get a job ASAP.. and when you got money.. then you can pay it off and do what ya want..
and if i were you id be doing things in the shadows..
Old 07-25-2005, 04:51 PM

Ignorance is bliss...as long as they don't get a look under your hood, you can pretty much do anything you want...just hope that exhaust system keeps things quiet.
Old 07-25-2005, 10:09 PM
lww
Head Muckraker

Dude. That does suck. Are they springing for the new exhaust or are they adding it to the total you owe them?

Regardless, get a job and pay that sucker off as fast as you can. If you learn no other lesson from this, learn that debt SUCKS! Don't get into anymore of it.

Pay cash for everything! If you have to use a credit card (when you get one) pay it off immediately! Don't even wait until the end of the month!

The only thing anyone should ever be in debt for is a house and then you should try to pay that off as soon as you can too.
Old 07-26-2005, 01:08 AM

Think of it this way, at least they let you get the z

When my parents had say in what I did, it was Domestic this and Domestic that. Ford , Ford, Ford.... So be happy that your parents aren't like that. And just wait you'll have the money soon enough to pay it off and get them off your back... Now my parents have about a quarter mile or so to know when I am comming. I didn't want a loud muffler, however the one the stupid people at the muffler shop put on has already got a hole in it and it's not even a year old. I really sound ricy and it sux. But the good thing about it is.. I hate almost all my neighbors now and I get off work at 2 and 3 in the morning.... and trust me I'm not quite.
Old 07-26-2005, 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by zzeeexlover
When my parents had say in what I did, it was Domestic this and Domestic that. Ford , Ford, Ford.... So be happy that your parents aren't like that. And just wait you'll have the money soon enough to pay it off and get them off your back... Now my parents have about a quarter mile or so to know when I am comming. I didn't want a loud muffler, however the one the stupid people at the muffler shop put on has already got a hole in it and it's not even a year old. I really sound ricy and it sux. But the good thing about it is.. I hate almost all my neighbors now and I get off work at 2 and 3 in the morning.... and trust me I'm not quite.
LoL, totally hear you there man, screw neighbors, I've learned to hate all of mine too now thanks to my car. Thats funny as hell ...
Old 07-26-2005, 06:00 AM
Z8 driver

Originally Posted by RPS13_GZ32
LoL, totally hear you there man, screw neighbors, I've learned to hate all of mine too now thanks to my car. Thats funny as hell ...
I've always thought you made some good points man. what brings you to the S130 forum so often now a days?? heard 311's new single yet?? Don't Tread on Me. it rocks;

As for you guy's parents... do what I did... come home one day, and say "hey, I'm joining the military." Auto-respect. I could crap in the living room floor, and dad would be like "That's my boy!"

Now I am married and how my own kid, it's a blast!
Old 07-26-2005, 08:40 AM
lww
Head Muckraker

Did you actually join though?
Old 07-26-2005, 08:45 AM
Z8 driver

Originally Posted by lww
Did you actually join though?
heck yeah, I was in the Air Force(active duty).. still in the Reserve till 2011.
Old 07-26-2005, 08:56 AM
lww
Head Muckraker

Rock on with your bad self!
Old 07-26-2005, 09:15 AM
The Evil Twin

Originally Posted by DynamicJ
Now I am married and how my own kid, it's a blast!
I'm glad to hear it works out good for someone...
Old 07-26-2005, 09:51 AM
Z8 driver

Originally Posted by Bleach
I'm glad to hear it works out good for someone...
hey man, can't say we havent had our share of problems... gotta take the good with the bad. I've gathered from a few of your posts that touch on this subject, that you had a bad experience
Old 07-26-2005, 10:07 AM

Actually tried that

I actually tried to see if I could join the Marines or Navy. There was only 2 problems with that. The first being the major thing with most people, I'm a chick . The second was I have asthma, and well they thought that it was the whole I was faking it cause I was a chick.. too bad I scored higher on the tests then most of the guys there.. I almost wish they would have taken me sometimes.. but now I have a little monster of my own, and wouldn't wanna be on call for anyone except him.
Old 07-26-2005, 11:12 AM
Z8 driver

sweet. as always, glad to see a Z chick on here how old is your little one?
Old 07-26-2005, 05:07 PM

go Z Ladyz! see if ya can find a Fairlady Z.. sweeeeeeeetttttt......
Old 07-26-2005, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by DynamicJ
I've always thought you made some good points man. what brings you to the S130 forum so often now a days??
LoL, I guess I'm venturing into other sections of the Z forum for both lack of posts in the Z32 section and to get to know more about fellow Z drivers and what else im missing out on. Hope you don't mind my company.

Quick Reply: My Parents Are Retarded