280ZX (S130) Forums Dedicated to 79-83 ZCars

Im so tempted to leave you guys

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2005, 07:02 PM

Im so tempted to leave you guys

my stupid brother and hes 300zxTT, he was in town this past weekend and holy hell that thing goes like a ****!!! so now...im REAL tempted...

http://www.platinumshift.com/catalog/0502Fairlady.php

its got hks twin turbo upgrade...so so tempted...
Old 06-14-2005, 07:18 PM

im DROOOOOOOLING
Old 06-14-2005, 07:28 PM

Don't go to the dark side.........you don't know the dangers there.......................
Old 06-14-2005, 07:33 PM

oh i gotta go check it out...i have to...you dont know...the power of the dark side has me corrupted!!!!
Old 06-14-2005, 08:01 PM

I don't know man,...something about that car doesn't feel right. All those mods, supre low miles and a roll cage??? I bet that thing has had the cr*p kicked out of it.

Also, what kind of person doesn't wash the car before they post a picture to sell it on the web?
Old 06-14-2005, 08:16 PM

Don't trust him! but if you do get the car, don't go to the dark side! stay in the gray! have both, **** it, go pick up a 240z-280z while your at it! Don't switch on us though, your car is gonna be beutifull when it's done man!
Old 06-14-2005, 08:41 PM

this isnt washed ? :P
hehe but ill go look at it doesnt hurt me any...and if i dont take it oh well...but i have to go look at it...and oh no doubt im keepin my 280...it will get done one day!!

Old 06-14-2005, 08:57 PM

Skully, if you drive it, you won't be able to turn your back. Those cars are simply amazing. Aside from actually having to do some wrenching in the rather cramped area under the hood, there is nothing to not like about the Z32. They are stupid fast, will out handle most anything on the road, and goddamn they're sexy in black. Seriously though, my buddy had one that was seriously modded, and that car was the most fun either one of has ever, to this day, driven. His only problem is he neglected the internals when making his upgrades because he was quoted some pretty high HP numbers from the stock bottom end, so he was constantly having to work on that thing. He had that engine rebuilt twice. Treat her right and you'll wet your pants every time you take to her limits. Just remember the little guys when you move up.
Old 06-14-2005, 11:57 PM
lww
Head Muckraker

What kind of HP does he think it's making?

Has he put it on a dyno?

Has he got any track slips?

How well does it put the power to the ground?

I've driven several seriously upgraded Z32TT's, they can be some serious fun (the 700hp TT was pretty entertaining) and I'll be putting a TT into a Z32 2+2 once I find a good chassis.

The Z32 was the first and last 'REAL' production supercar from Nissan.

I can tell you though, I much prefer going fast in my 280ZXT.... When it's done... someday...

Actually, it was getting the new camber kit and an alignment at the shop today... Of course, the adjustable camber bolts didn't fit... added another day to the alignment... Had to get 1/1000th taken off the OD on the lathe... Found out the TC bushings were crap and needed replaced too. Took the time to order a new set of adjustable TC rods, don't know when those'll show up...

In the shop since 01/12/2005 = 6 months 2 days and counting... the quest goes on...
Old 06-15-2005, 03:50 AM

That's a sweet car, and truthfully, I'd like to have a Z32, but I would ALWAYS keep my 280ZX because it was my first sporty true love.
Old 06-15-2005, 04:06 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

You got that right man. My '81 280zx was my first sportscar!
Old 06-15-2005, 10:58 AM

oh i love my 280ZXT with all the love in the world.. my 1st car and sportscar
Old 06-15-2005, 12:31 PM

awww you guys! you dont know how anxious you all are making me to drive my damn zx. i have had it since december 24th, and still have not really driven it, cuz the engine was messed.
Old 06-15-2005, 12:38 PM
Z8 driver

Z32's OWN. I had a 350Z for about a year before I bought the 280ZX, all of em are awesome cars man. I am a fan of every Z, except the Z31's... They're like the Z step child to me
Old 06-15-2005, 12:40 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Hey livewake, don't feel bad. I haven't driven one of my Z's in almost a year! I am verry anxious to drive my '82 soon. But I can't rush it, I already paid a price when, I took him out last Sunday night. He conked on me in front of Carl's house! I found out Tuesday morning the distributor moved on me. What a pain that was. Anyway still have a lot of bugs to get out of him, and possibly some Honda's too!LOL! Anyway keep your chin up man. Patience is a virtue!
Old 06-15-2005, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by lww
What kind of HP does he think it's making?

Has he put it on a dyno?

Has he got any track slips?

How well does it put the power to the ground?

I've driven several seriously upgraded Z32TT's, they can be some serious fun (the 700hp TT was pretty entertaining) and I'll be putting a TT into a Z32 2+2 once I find a good chassis.

The Z32 was the first and last 'REAL' production supercar from Nissan.

I can tell you though, I much prefer going fast in my 280ZXT.... When it's done... someday...

Actually, it was getting the new camber kit and an alignment at the shop today... Of course, the adjustable camber bolts didn't fit... added another day to the alignment... Had to get 1/1000th taken off the OD on the lathe... Found out the TC bushings were crap and needed replaced too. Took the time to order a new set of adjustable TC rods, don't know when those'll show up...

In the shop since 01/12/2005 = 6 months 2 days and counting... the quest goes on...
i have no idea yet...like i said this weekend i will go and check it out...look at all the paperwork and all that....i will take it to a mechanic for inspection, i know you cant inspect everything but at least i know where it stands...

and no way in hell am i getting rid of my 280zx...i will put it together into a turbo one day, and use it for screwing around town!
Old 06-15-2005, 03:51 PM

I haven't been able to drive mine for over 5 months and I really miss it. Only 1 month left, I can't wait
Old 06-15-2005, 09:29 PM

Lessthanjabo,
Im not a big fan of Z31's myself but they are still a true Z. I have a couple freinds with 300ZXTs and man those things can move. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Skully,
Buy the TT! I don't car what anyone says, a TT is better than a 280ZX anyday. Its just a fact of life !
Old 06-15-2005, 09:59 PM

hehe i want to...my parents are gonna say "what the hell do you need another car for...you ahve one already blah blah..." hahaha
Old 06-15-2005, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Skully
hehe i want to...my parents are gonna say "what the hell do you need another car for...you ahve one already blah blah..." hahaha
Just use this little line.
"Because I want it." but it has to be used in a very pathetic, little boy type vioce.
Old 06-16-2005, 01:02 AM

needless to say that car is damn awesome.. but i would never get rid of my baby.. shes mine til the end but i would sure as hell buy that car if i could, after i Twinturbo my l28 first
Old 06-18-2005, 02:52 AM

Sorry dudes, I gotta speak up here. This post bugs me. Please take it for what its worth. I dont want to offend a fellow Zdriver. sooo here goes...

Skully, you wanna go get the TT, then just do it, man. Stop messin with our minds about it.

I have said it before... no one twisted my arm to go out and get the 280. I sold a much newer car just cause I wanted the 280. I also could have bought a brand spankin shiny new run of the mill ride like the majority of the population. Its about a car's character to me. I dont care if I have to work out the bugs or fix her everyday before I can drive her. It is mine to enjoy regardless of what anyone else thinks of it. Although its pretty much a guarentee that you will get more interest from passersby with your 280 once its finished then with a REAL supercar. There is something to be said about a well looked after rarely seen car then something any joe shmoe with a cash flow can buy and drive. After all are we really slaving over these Z cars cause thats all we could afford or do we really love them? Ask yourself that.

after all is said and done...maybe try and stop by the 280 forums once in a while to say hi.... and when you next buy your heavily moded 350Z say hi to iceice9 for us. Tell him we miss his daily input.

Sorry dude I come off a bit harsh but like I said dont wanna offend but the post bugs me...and I do tend to get a tad emotional about certain things.
Old 06-18-2005, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by zNuclearBeast
Sorry dudes, I gotta speak up here. This post bugs me. Please take it for what its worth. I dont want to offend a fellow Zdriver. sooo here goes...

Skully, you wanna go get the TT, then just do it, man. Stop messin with our minds about it.

I have said it before... no one twisted my arm to go out and get the 280. I sold a much newer car just cause I wanted the 280. I also could have bought a brand spankin shiny new run of the mill ride like the majority of the population. Its about a car's character to me. I dont care if I have to work out the bugs or fix her everyday before I can drive her. It is mine to enjoy regardless of what anyone else thinks of it. Although its pretty much a guarentee that you will get more interest from passersby with your 280 once its finished then with a REAL supercar. There is something to be said about a well looked after rarely seen car then something any joe shmoe with a cash flow can buy and drive. After all are we really slaving over these Z cars cause thats all we could afford or do we really love them? Ask yourself that.

after all is said and done...maybe try and stop by the 280 forums once in a while to say hi.... and when you next buy your heavily moded 350Z say hi to iceice9 for us. Tell him we miss his daily input.

Sorry dude I come off a bit harsh but like I said dont wanna offend but the post bugs me...and I do tend to get a tad emotional about certain things.
Well put ZNB!
Old 06-18-2005, 10:31 AM

that IS very well put...i like the if you want it just go and get it...thanks...
i like this too..After all are we really slaving over these Z cars cause thats all we could afford or do we really love them
so true....

today im gonna test drive it so ill know then..i wanna take it to a mech shop and a frame shop to check it all out...

ill still be around tho i still want my 280 done! but seems the shop that has my engine found some problems with the block

on a side note here...i posted because i have been around this 280zx forum for 4 years now i think and i like to share my plans with people from this forum because lots have helped me out trough the years, feels like family :P

Last edited by Skully; 06-18-2005 at 10:35 AM.
Old 06-18-2005, 01:24 PM
The Evil Twin

Originally Posted by zNuclearBeast
are we really slaving over these Z cars cause thats all we could afford or do we really love them? Ask yourself that.
uuuhhh... maybe a little of both, but more love than affordability.

Quick Reply: Im so tempted to leave you guys