280ZX (S130) Forums Dedicated to 79-83 ZCars

HA!! Sunuva... Are you kidding me?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 08:35 PM

HA!! Sunuva... Are you kidding me?

Well, after I don't know how many years, I finally got my suspension parts. Went to do the rears last weekend... Couldn't find my wheel lock key. When I looked where I keep it, it just wasn't there. Tore apart the car, nothing. Thrashed my garage, nada. Dumped my tool bag, still nothing. Checked my special hiding places inside the house...nope.

I can't do the good old "Socket Trick" because I actually spent some decent money for a good set of locks.

Oh well... got a new key on order. Should be posting pics soon of the "Old and Busted" vs. "New Hotness".
Old 06-02-2011, 01:10 PM
Mr Z++ Wiki

I went to get a slow leak fixed on the 370Z. I just had the locking wheel nut replaced and cleaned the car out which had the key in the bag. When I drop the car off they asked for the puzzle lock and then I realize for the first time in two years it's not sitting in the car. I told the guy I'd go home and get it and he said don't worry about it they have a rig to take the bolt of - just can't put it back on. No biggie for me since I had the fifth non-locking nut in the car because it fell out of the bag and behind the seat - lol.

Anyhow the moral of the story is... check with the tire place as they might have the rig to pull the locking wheel nuts off for you....
Old 06-06-2011, 06:52 AM
Big Poppa

i work at a kal-tire and you wouldnt believe the people that forget the key. we dont have the special set tho. dont know why, most dealerships do have a set if you ever need it.
Old 06-06-2011, 08:01 PM

The replacement key is here. Now I just gotta get some time off of work...