280ZX (S130) Forums Dedicated to 79-83 ZCars

Final post to finsh my z.

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 05:03 AM

Final post to finsh my z.

Well the exaust was fun still messing around with that how ever to finish off the interior of the car and giveing that finshed stamp "no more tearing apart" Have a short for the dash and tail lights. Don't give a dam about haveing dash lights since the car really is not driven at night. . . . So here's what I did and my thought for correction see what you all think.....

1. Un hooked all lighting harness's tails corners dome what not. . . "Bad sockets / bulbs" blew 30 amp fuse.
2. Un hooked dimmer switch. . Should of killed int das lights? Blew fuse.
3.chased down wireing harness to hatch "shovel tools or mic things thrown carelessly on wires. . . No cuts or dry rotted wires took 3 hrs for that

I'm also throwing the dome lamp fuse off and on.
The dome light fuse removed..... the floor lights under the dash come on dimly . Loud buzz from relay box in dash not under hood can make it stop by messing with door switch. Disconnected relays still a buzz don't know what the hell is makeing that disconnected main power to fan motor. . . Still buzzing

I'm back feeding into the dome lamp some how radio was just installed wireing is correct disconnected that and blew fuse? Head liner was re done did all zx have the vainty light under visor? Can't feel the hole under new fabric.

Now my fix see how you guys feel is to run a new wire from battery to switch. . . "Newly replaced not that stupid " jump the switch wire run back and hit tail lamp wires there going around all the wireing and fuses. Running a. 18 gauge wire with inline 20 amp fuse corner lights and dash who gives a **** lol.

Now I don't. Have any feelings towards changeing the wireing harness rather sell it and drive a 96 caravan than do that lol sorry for the posts my hermit is useless for wireing. Really thank everyone for the help I'm really stuck
Old 01-08-2012, 05:08 AM

What are the boxes under the pass. Seat would they have anything to do with it. . . Then the silver box. Sunk into pass frame rail?.
Old 01-08-2012, 10:09 AM

The stuff under the passenger seat is for the cruise control system, and if you hear a buzz under the dash then feel around back there, if its buzzing then its probably vibrating pretty badly, and also look at the wiring diagrams, they will help you a lot http://www.xenons130.com/reference.html
what question are you asking here "I'm back feeding into the dome lamp some how radio was just installed wireing is correct disconnected that and blew fuse?"
Old 01-08-2012, 11:57 AM
Lurker

Have you pulled the headlight switch and cleaned the connections?
Old 01-10-2012, 05:49 AM

Changed switch and all connections were cleaned. . . . Disconnected all relays still buzzing cracks 30 amp fuse. . . Now why the hell every other try it kills the dome lamp fuse?? Am I back feeding power to the dome lamp?
Old 01-10-2012, 05:56 AM

Now the radio maybe I should un hook everything for the 8th time lol even changed my dash pod thinking bad clock. . . The buzzing on the passenger fire wall goes with the pushing of the door switch open the door buzz shut the door buzz slam and get pissed goes out. It also lasts around 30 seconds which is how long the dim down dome lamps stay on. . . . . Holy **** lol think that's it would the tail light fuse be piggy backed with the dome lamp?
Old 01-10-2012, 05:58 AM

Changed switch and all connections were cleaned. . . . Disconnected all relays still buzzing cracks 30 amp fuse. . . Now why the hell every other try it kills the dome lamp fuse?? Am I back feeding power to the dome lamp?
Old 01-10-2012, 06:14 AM

What runs the "dim off" dome light?
Old 01-10-2012, 11:57 AM
Mr Z++ Wiki

'82-83 had a dimmer circuit IIRC. I'd love to help you but I can't even tell what you've done/haven't done from your description - it's some painful reading....

What fuse are blowing for starters....
Old 01-11-2012, 03:56 PM

wait, could the buzzer be a buzzer to let you know somethings on? maybe the original factory high class "bing bong" broke and someone replaced it with a buzzer. are any of the lights on or are the keys in the ignition when you open the doors?
Old 01-12-2012, 10:38 AM

No. . . . It blows the tail light fuse instantly. . . The dome it blows every third time I turn the lights on. . . . Horn also doesn't work. . . I'm thinking it has to do with them dim down dome lights. . . I'm out of ideas. . . Before it blows everything is fine all lights work?
Old 01-12-2012, 10:40 AM

The bing bong worked . . . Now it doesn't buzzz is from passenger side almost like the fan is on very low. . Unplugged fan and all relays still buzzes 30 seconds. . . Almost the same time as the delay lights lol
Old 01-12-2012, 10:45 AM

Unless I throw a bolt in and wait for smoke lol
Old 01-12-2012, 10:48 AM

Or safer a volt meter a spare light swich and snip wires till the amps drop? Then chase that wire? Never had to chase a dead short in any car.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:45 PM
Mr Z++ Wiki

Originally Posted by Lesnocker
No. . . . It blows the tail light fuse instantly. . . The dome it blows every third time I turn the lights on. . . . Horn also doesn't work. . . I'm thinking it has to do with them dim down dome lights. . . I'm out of ideas. . . Before it blows everything is fine all lights work?
Did you try disconnecting the tail lights?

Disconnect the dome light?
Old 01-12-2012, 03:52 PM

I disconnected eveything corners tails head lamps turn signals radio harness gauge harness lol being a bastard
Old 01-12-2012, 03:54 PM

Car at idle with blown dome fuse the kick panel lights come on very dim. . . Could it be the fuse box itself
Old 01-12-2012, 04:01 PM

Lmao brother in law likes the bolt in the terminal idea just wait for smoke and you will find it. =)