280ZX (S130) Forums Dedicated to 79-83 ZCars

Dreams for everyone- FREE and make u broke @ same time woot.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2003, 10:06 AM
Super Siver & Black Stud

thats the MSA AERO body kit.. he just modified the front air dam and rear skirt.. ive seen this car.. the company or body shop that did the mods are in L.A. AEROTEC but im sure most body shops can do the same mods to the Kit.. they also have a clean orange 280Z that had the MSA body kit that they modified too... heres a pic of my car with the same MSA body kit.. you can see how they modifies the front air dam...
Old 04-17-2003, 10:52 AM
Super Siver & Black Stud

lets see if i can post anoter pic on here
Old 04-17-2003, 10:55 AM
Super Siver & Black Stud

heres one more
Old 04-17-2003, 11:24 AM

is that your wife!!!!!????
Old 04-17-2003, 11:25 AM

lol shes a hottie....even if she is yer wife i gotta say this
DAAAAYAAAAAAAM.....lol
Old 04-17-2003, 11:31 AM
Super Siver & Black Stud

that kit should be in the new motorsport catalog... right now my car is in the shop.. i had the frint air dam molded to the headlight scoops like the aerotech car and i moved my tail pipe to the driver side.. i jsut bogut a 83 280ZXT that ill be getting the turbo motor from.. im planning on getting at least 300 hp out of the turbo engine and it will be all dressed up too.. and yes my Z is a daily driver.. its not a garage baby.. ive had my Z for almost 15 years now and ive done all the work on it other then the body.. i lowered the car with tokico springs and struts.. i have a set of new TENZO SHU 4 17" rims that ill be putting on soon.. my interior has been redone also if you look in the interior / exterior section of this forum go in seats and youll see a pic of my interior.. on the body of my car youll notice that i shaved off the big and ugly side markers.. i think it makes the car look a lot more streamline and a lot more modern.. im also haveing all my glass replaced.. i also have a new stereo system that im going to custom build.. i want the speaker box to fit nice in my rear hatch and will get the same material as my door panels and seats.. i jsut started doing all this work on my car about 2 years ago.. my car wasnt that bad looking then but i wanted to upgrage the body.. the rear wing is from a 280ZX-R.. i think its prolly one of the best looking wings for that car.. ive got more pics too.. heres a shot of the engine right now... i had it bored out to a 3.1 just last year.. and now i want to turbo it.. so this engine is coming out and im most likely going to sell or or had it down to my cousin for his 77 280Z
Old 04-17-2003, 12:27 PM
Super Siver & Black Stud

lol the girl is a Really good friend of mine... ê¿~
Old 04-17-2003, 12:47 PM
The Evil Twin

icice, so since you've worked with the front air dam a bit, did you notice that the Aero car above looks like the air dam mounts an inch further out from the factory mounting position? Its like it connects to the front of the headlight buckets.
is that how you plan to mount yours?

Also, are you or did you remove the heavy crash bumpers underneath the front or rear fiberglass covers?

On the first post he asked about 17 inch rims making a car slower. I wonder too. Does the area that the wheel take up weigh more than having rubber there? A 14 inch wheel is lighter, but the bigger tire is heavier than a low profile tire with a more heavy 17 inch rim. For the best acceleration you want as little spinning weight and if you have weight you want most of it toward the center as much as possible. I know you can buy light weight wheels meant for racing and they are decent looking. Most modern wheels are made only by design, not intended to be light at all.
Old 04-17-2003, 12:54 PM
Super Siver & Black Stud

answer to your questions

1) can i make a 280zx into a twin turbo as eazy as makein it a 1 turbo ?
its been done but its really expensive.. you might want to go to www.hybridz.org for more info
2) traction bars - thay help ?
only if you do some serious driving
3) lowering a good idea ?
lowering helps out by reducing body roll when doing fast cornering.. lowers the center of gravity on a car.. and also helps out on the traction and it also looks good.. but not so good on high speed bumps and speap curbs.
4) 17" rims make slower ?
i cant see how they would make the car slower... with the tires on they are about the same diameter as stocks with 70 series tires on them.. i dont see a big diffrence with 17" rims on them
5) body kit slow down car ?
some do and some dont. a aero kit is really suppose to help out in the aerodynamics of the car.. and the rear wing is suppose to be a functional rear wing to help out with the downforce on high speeds.. i know the rear wing on my car does this.. it was designed by the nissan racing team.. its the same wing that paul newman had on his NEWMAN/SHARP 280ZX
6) chrome motor ok for daily driver ?
chrome should be fine .. ive seen a lot of them on daily driver cars. jsut keep it clean looking...

heres another pic for you guys who like my homegirl.. lol
Old 04-17-2003, 01:04 PM
Super Siver & Black Stud

BleachZee,
the MSA aero kit actually is about 3" closer to the body.. the gap between the front bumper and hood lip is suppose to be covered with the stock rubber molding but it doest work.. i still retain the heavy crash bumper in mine.. they tell you to take off the bumper and on the bumper shocks theres a presure release screw that you remove and you push the shock in about 3" then reattach the bumper support back on and fit the kit back on it.. if you didnt do this you would have to make your own turn signal light brackets.. i should be getting my car back from the shop by tomorrow.. ill take some new pics of it and post them on here to show you what changes i made... if you look at my last pic i posted you can see the gap between the bumper and headlight scoops.. that bothered me a lot so i had it molded to the front bumper.. sunce the headlight scoop and air dam are both made of fiberglass you can attach them to each other with a fairly strong bond.. just becareful with those really steap curbs.. lol you can also attach it without bonding it to the body but it ends up looking like a kit instead of looking like it belongs on the car..
Old 04-17-2003, 01:25 PM

ok stop posting her pictures yer driving me FREAKING NUTS!!!!

especialy...in...that pose.....ghaaaaaaaaa........

Last edited by Skully; 04-17-2003 at 01:27 PM.
Old 04-17-2003, 02:38 PM

yesh yesh ....my presious......meh meh meh .....presious......
Old 04-17-2003, 03:09 PM

lol....try n find it i wanna see thats a shot of a lifetime
Old 04-18-2003, 10:07 AM
Super Siver & Black Stud

sooooo ... ummmmmm..... wheres them dallas cowboy cheerleaders at????
Old 04-18-2003, 01:27 PM

my house...
but bigger question is...wheres yer friend at?!
Old 04-18-2003, 01:44 PM
Super Siver & Black Stud

dont worry bout her skully.. the next girls thats going to model girls that are going to model for my car ill be a lot better then her..i promise... ive got a lont more homegirls that look hotter then her...

Quick Reply: Dreams for everyone- FREE and make u broke @ same time woot.....