280ZX (S130) Forums Dedicated to 79-83 ZCars

Back on the road.

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 03:14 PM
Doesn't post much...

Back on the road.

Darth Z took a few weeks off after the belt flying off and wiping out the radiator thing. I swapped out the radiator the other day. Since I had to put some stop leak in the system to get it home, I yanked the thermostat out when I swapped the Radiator. I was gonna pop in a new one, but I wanted to drive it for a while untrestricted to help break all the stop leak loose. Just filled her with straight water. Wow! I couln't get the temp gauge past 1/4 with the new radiator ( second new 3 row in the last 3 months), and thermostat removed, it was awsome!. It was almost TOO cold. But, It was also a day when the temp outside was 107 degrees and I didn't want to take any chances. The car ran like an animal. Anyway's my buddy with the 350Z flew chase plane for me while I test drove the ZX, he just had to show off a few times how much faster his car was... but I still held my own and even managed to get around him a few times due to his ball-less inability to take a turn at speed (doesn't want to risk scratching his little girl I guess). Had a lot of fun. She's all back together now and runnin' like a champ. Tonight she's going downtown to get shown off in front of the friday night "Cruisers". My town here as a weekly event called "Cruisin' Grand", where they line all of Grand Avenue downtown with "Classic American Muscle". It's the biggest such event in So Cal and draws hundreds of cars and thousands of spectators every week. The only problem is that for what ever reason, guys who own new Corvette's and Mustang's (even a group of damn PT Cruisers ... ) think they qualify as "Classic American Muscle Cars" . They usually turn their noses up at the sight of a Z... unless it's one with a chevy motor in it. They also don't seem to mind the Pantera's or old Porsche's and Ferrari's that show up. I swear they are racist against Z's! Oh well, my car is still prettier than most of their crap anyway's, and I love it.

Rod.
Old 07-22-2005, 08:20 PM

savage ....well i wish we had something like that here ....they stair at you becuase they know that the Z's rule the day ...

Old 07-24-2005, 02:35 PM
Doesn't post much...

So, while visiting the "cruising grand" night event in the Z the other night, I did get more than a few disaproving looks from the old fart muscle car crowd. However, I got for more positive response from most people. The younger kids really love the Z, they think it's a race car. I had a guy walk up out of the the blue and ask me straight up how much I wanted for the car. I told him it wasn't for sale. He said "Everything has a price". to which I said "Well, let's just say that I'd want more for the car than you would probably be willing to part with, and certainly more than it blue books for." He paused a second and said "you'd be surprised what I'd pay for a car like this one." Still, I had to tell him that my baby and I aren't parting company any time soon. He gave me a business card and asked me to call him if I ever change my mind. Even with all those classic muscle machines present, my Z got some well deserved recognition. Next week I'm planning on a Z car train of me and five Z driving friends down to the event. Put the fear of the Z-gods into the muscleheads. Wait til they see six of 'em rolling up all together!

"That's right beeyotch... betta recognize!"

Rod.
Old 07-24-2005, 07:26 PM

^Word, Rod.

Back when my Zed was still on jackstands, it would put the shivers into the local riceboys. Many a person out here is waiting for Lexie's grand re-entrance.
Old 07-24-2005, 08:12 PM

i wouldnt sell my baby for anything less than 20,000.. it may look like crap and not worth **** monetarily.. but the sentimental is through the roof!
Old 07-24-2005, 10:38 PM

Z's don't get the respect they should. There great cars. And can out perform stuff even today. Most Rednecks and Musle car ppl think every thing needs a V8. Roll up in a Z with a Cam and three feet of pipe. V8 ppl will look.