280ZX (S130) Forums Dedicated to 79-83 ZCars

83 280 zed resurrected

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 01:40 PM

83 280 zed resurrected

so i etsd from the army in may and moved out to Arizona with my dad ..started working at my cousins shop out here ...he had a few cars in the back of the shop that he was going to take to the scrap yard..i was looking around and came across this 280zed ....and i got to talking to him and he said the engine was gone and i could have it for 500 bucks ...so of course i told him alright ..nothing was wrong with the body just needed to be cleaned up and gone thro ..the engine , interior was all there so i figured hell yeah that's a good deal...instead of paying him for it i did some work at his shop for it...started looking at the engine and nothing was wrong with it ..so i dropped the gas tank flushed the whole fuel system out replaced all the gas lines ,fuel injectors, vacuum lines , new fuel pump, fuel filter, oil changed , new dif oil and gasket ...man was that **** bad..i bet it wasnt changed its whole life ...so i did that..got a battery for it and bamm she came alive.... i flushed out the radiator ..fkn horrible..lookd like mudd was flown out of her i flush her out with cascade use a whole box but now its like new got her running good took her out for a spin...not even 2 blocks down the road the thermostat housing cracked on me ..so jumped on ebay and bought a new one put it in and shes running great..just bought a new water pump and fan clutch for her today 8/7/2012 ..shes been running a lil hot and the fan clutch it no good ..spins way to easy so im figuring its just the fan clutch and the water pump...but picture will be posted up shortly so u guys can check her out....and she might be up for sell..bcuz i start mmi in phx next month so if anyone is interrested shoot me a pm and ill get back to u...but she pulls nasty at 3g to redline ..anything i can do to get a lil more low end power? thx for viewing guys