280ZX (S130) Forums Dedicated to 79-83 ZCars

300zx?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 08:50 PM

I had a Z31AE for awhile and was on the Z31 forum for advice. Zbum helped me out a lot, but after the questions kept comming, as the Z31 was a completely different car than an S130, he lost his patiecence.

Now I can get around an S130 pretty good, and I'm always happy to give advice when I can especially with people new to the car. But, I eventually found out that my AE was abused too badly for my wallet and I left the fourms all together.
Old 05-05-2006, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by WildmaN
And why are people comparing Rod to him? They aren't even close, Rod is 100 times better, than Zbum.
No Rod doesn't come off like ZBUM. ButRod IS a straight shooter. If he doesn't like something you've written then he'll let you know. Just as he didn't candy coat his distaste of Nismo619. My point was that some people can't even handle Rods straight shooting, let alone handle ZBum's.

If I owned a Z31 and had a question I absolutely couldn't figure out on my own then the Z31 forum here is the first place I would check. Why? Cuase I know that he can most likely answer the question and answer it accurately. It's the people that come with childish questions that get that worst of it from him. You will notice that, as innocent as most of the questions are, it's the ones that you can obviously tell someone didn't put any thought into that he jumps on. There is such thing as a stupid question. How do I bleed my brakes is a stupid question to ask on a forum. It doesn't make the person stupid cause they dont know how. But you can google brake bleeding and get thousands of results telling you exactly how to bleed your brakes. Obviously if you're on the forum then you're online and we have these wonderful search engines. And yet people will come on the forums and ask questions just like that without ever trying to look it up first. He doesn't pick on everyone. Just the people who ask questions like that. And thats not to mention that most of what you need to know about the Z31 can be answered with a link to his site. But people still ask. You'll notice he never posts on this site outside the Z31 forum. That seems to be his forte.

I'm not condoning the way he responds to everyone cause at times he is out of line. But for the most part, he's really not all that harsh. He's just brutally honest.

Last edited by jfairladyz; 05-05-2006 at 09:22 PM.
Old 05-05-2006, 09:32 PM
Doesn't post much...

AZ-ZBum doesn't bother me at all, but I can see where some people would be put off by his candor. He and I have actually traded a few playfull jabs at each other a few times and he was never a dick about it. I think he's misunderstood more than anything.

He has been around for a long, long time and like was already written... He's probably read the same lame-*** questions asked by people who are too lazy to find the answer on their own so many times now that it is really irritating. I also think a lot of what he say's is tonque in cheek. You guys should see his legendary post count on 3ZC! It's mighty impressive.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. I love this forum. I hang around to swap usefull info and tidbits with fellow Z enthusiasts. I like to offer advice when I can, and get advice when I am stuck. I don't try to be a dick to anybody but I will point out when somebody has their head up their *** or tries to argue a point that they are dead wrong on. I've been wrong before too and have been equally flogged for it. I'll gladly take my lumps and carry on when it happens though.

I'm pretty sure that with the exception of one particular individual here that I once had a problem with, everyone else and I have patched it up, put it behind us and turned out to get along just great. For that one other guy... Well, I don't see that happening anytime soon and I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure that my first ever post here involved me actually questioning the mighty Bleach! What the Hell was I thinking?

This site has turned out to be a really great part of my life and I have now met some awesome people because of it. I hope to meet a lot more in the future.

Rod.
Old 05-06-2006, 02:19 AM

Only ********* think they know everything about a car, when I was looking at getting a Z31 I found z31.com a strange forum. Sometimes there was helpful accurate info given, sometimes it was clear the self styled experts were talking ****.

Sorry, don't know the answer to the alternator question.
Old 05-06-2006, 10:53 AM
Big Poppa

ive heard of the gm alt style, there should be a stickey writeup on that one, the question seems to come up on occation, ive shot back at az, and he backed off a little more when he figured i ,j and nismopick had a good argument to his point, 60mm tb thread over there. he comes across harsh, but why bother answering if your just gonna rip somebodies head off and step on it. thats why i love this forum and havnt joined any other, a alternator question from a 300zx, that turns to a az-zbum story, to a 280zx alternator advice. cant get enough, how bout them gas prices??? hehehe
Old 05-06-2006, 11:21 AM
NisTuner

Here's one thing I'm wondering. I've been planning on swapping out the stock speakers just for newer speakers. Nothing big or fancy, would the stock 280ZX alternator be good enough, or do you think it'd prolly be better to get a bigger one?
Old 05-06-2006, 12:00 PM
Big Poppa

its good for the speaker thing, its only if you get an amp and subs