ZDriver.com

ZDriver.com (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/)
-   280ZX Performance / Technical (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/280zx-performance-technical-79/)
-   -   Tranny won't go in any gear! (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/280zx-performance-technical-79/tranny-wont-go-any-gear-17541/)

WildmaN 03-23-2006 10:58 PM

No I had to take a break, I can't find my damn 14mm endwrench. Which is what will fit on the nut for the adjustment. I am going to watch a movie, and relax for a bit. And then go out there, and tackle it. And I still need to find the keys to my Celica.

jfairladyz 03-24-2006 09:50 AM

Does your pedal have any freeplay? Cause thats all adjusting that rod is meant to do is take up the freeplay. If it were a hydraulic issue then the pedal would be slop. Try pumping the pedal and seeing if that makes a difference. If not then it's most likely not related to hydraulics.

WildmaN 03-24-2006 11:49 PM

It is internal, I took him over to my folks again. But my dad and brother were busy with my brother's Oldmobile, putting headers in. And I helped them out some. So tomorrow, I will get some help on my Z, and hopefully get him fixed.

I am pretty sure it is either the fork, the clips, or whatnot. So I have to take the tranny out, and see what's going on. He will go into gear sometimes, and other times bind, or be much harder to go into gear. Otherwise he does haul #ss! When I can get him into gear LOL. Anyway will let you guys know, what happens.

nismo619 03-25-2006 10:11 AM

sorry wild man about all your troubles if i lived near ya i would come over an help ya out have u tried to gravity bleed your clutch works good for me.. next thing i would say have u tried to double pump the clutch ? i was told its called double cluthing.. lol i know this is funny but its makes ence to me try that.. maybe ? ummm when u installed your clutch and flywheel did u refeer to proper torque the bolts down ? maybe the clutch disk is loose ? but than again i woudl also check out the throw out bearing and etc... i hope u fix your car wildman./.. p.s. i also hope u find your 14mm god knows we nissan people needthat 14mm thats why i bought about 8 of them ... lol

WildmaN 03-25-2006 10:26 PM

Z is still down, so now I don't have a car at all right now. Because He is apart right now, in my parents driveway. I bought a brand new clutch kit, cost a little bit, but oh well. Anyway I got the exhaust out of the way, tranny mounts out. Bell housing bolts out, and the driveline out from the rear end. I couldn't get the tranny loose from the engine. And I got angry, and said I was putting it back together, and taking it to a shop. And my dad came outside, and asked me what I was doing. I said I am putting this back together. And He told me to stop, leave it where it is. And he would help me tomorrow. So my brother drove me home, and he is picking me up tomorrow afternoon. I don't think my dad liked it, when I said, I was taking my Z to a shop. So hopefully tomorrow, I will have a running car again. Will keep you informed, as always.

skittle 03-26-2006 04:35 AM

good luck to ya

WildmaN 03-26-2006 04:56 PM

Well who knows when I will ever drive the Z again. I am going over in a little while, and put him back together. And limp him home, and leave him where he is. Until I have the money to take him to a shop, and fix him. Meanwhile I have to take a lock out of my Celica, to have a key made. So I have a car to drive. So that is what I am doing tonight, taking a lock out of my other car, after the Z gets back home.

383ZJUICED 04-08-2006 10:36 AM

I Have A 5-speed Out Of A 1980 280zx You Can Buy
And Another 5-speed Parts Tranny

SHADY280 04-09-2006 11:28 AM

sorry dude he fixed it, it was his clutch

skittle 04-09-2006 11:41 AM

i would not mind the 383 though lol