ZDriver.com

ZDriver.com (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/)
-   280ZX Performance / Technical (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/280zx-performance-technical-79/)
-   -   need help with injector replacing (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/280zx-performance-technical-79/need-help-injector-replacing-31453/)

modrod 10-26-2010 04:01 AM

need help with injector replacing

I have a 1983 ZX non turbo. I am needing to replace the fuel injector that is closet to the firewall. Do I need to remove the fuel rail to replace the injector? Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

skib 10-26-2010 06:40 AM

its gong to be easiest to pull the fuel rail.

if youve never done it its going to seem like a pain in the ass.
but after a few times it dosent seem that bad....

but then you realize that it is a pain in the ass! so you get a billet fuel rail instead :082:

and never have to deal with the pita again :042:

zfreak1981 10-26-2010 04:35 PM

280zx

Mine was pretty simple. I didnt pull the fuel rail compleatly off either.

modrod 10-26-2010 10:16 PM

pulling the fuel rail

Any recommendations as to how to go about pulling the fuel rail off.
Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

WanganDevilZ 10-27-2010 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by modrod (Post 286677)
Any recommendations as to how to go about pulling the fuel rail off.
Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Unbolt it.

Make sure you have no flammable objects nearby, as gasoline WILL come from the injector feed line >.> (Wear gloves if you have any cuts or open sores, this brings foul language down to the bare minimum, use a shop towel to collect/mop up spilled gasoline)

Not sure how many bolts are holding it on, I remember it didn't take me long to get it off and put it back on without the FSM. :023:

audiofreak97 10-27-2010 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by skib (Post 286648)
but then you realize that it is a pain in the ass! so you get a billet fuel rail instead :082:

+1 on this...

Remember to de-pressureize the system before pulling a fuel line :wink:
And, If I'm remembering right, there is a bolt on the passenger side of the engine, take off the top belt pulley on the front of the engine, two bolts on the intake manifold and the 2 screws on each injector... then it should come out with very little fight... unless I'm forgetting a bolt somewhere...

WildmaN 10-27-2010 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by skib (Post 286648)
its gong to be easiest to pull the fuel rail.

if youve never done it its going to seem like a pain in the ass.
but after a few times it dosent seem that bad....

+ 2 on that one man. It makes it so much easier, after putting an aftermarket fuel rail on. Less headache, and smoother operation. ;)