280ZX Performance / Technical Discussions related to Turbo charging, Supercharging, Engine, ECU, exhaust, and etc. performance enhancements.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fpr

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2004, 03:30 PM

Fpr

well i ordered a new fuel pressure reg....it was only 70 bucks...thats fine with me even if its not broke...
so how could i test if my old one is stuck open causing too much fuel in the engine?
Old 10-31-2004, 08:44 PM
The Evil Twin

I think an inline fuel pressure gauge will work. I've never owned one and I have no idea how much they cost. Then you need to know what a normal pressure is.
Old 11-01-2004, 11:14 AM

I'm planning on getting a fuel pressure gauge for my car too. I've seen this fitting that goes inline with rubber hosing (though I'm not sure what the diameter of our fuel hosing is) and has a 1/8 NPT port for a gauge. So that's what I was planning to do, assuming our fuel hose lines are the right diamter. I thought I remember reading somewhere that normal fuel pressure is like 35 or 45psi.
Old 11-02-2004, 04:22 PM

does the fuel pressure reg on motorsport really work?

http://www.zcarparts.com/store/merch...ry_Code=PFFC14
Old 11-02-2004, 05:28 PM

well i put my new FPR in and same **** as before....runs like ****, getting WAY too much fuel, when i pinch the fuel line it starts revving up and runs fine (for the ammount of fuel thats in the hose) ....what the F@#$!!!! can a bad fuel pump pump too much??? whats going on with this thing...i set my AFM back all the way to lean...no change at all...

HELP ME Mr.CLOROX HELP ME!!! (Bleach)

Last edited by Skully; 11-02-2004 at 05:34 PM.
Old 11-02-2004, 10:11 PM
The Evil Twin

Check the head temp sensor. Unplug the wires from it while the engine is running. See if that makes any difference.

I don't think the pump can not pump too much. The FPR just has a preset passthrough of fuel based on manifold vaccume. It is possible that if the incoming fuel supply is too much, the FPR will not compensate for the extra pressure. Also could be that your ECU is telling the injectors to stay open too long.

You did hook up the vaccume hose on the FPR... and make sure it seals well.
Old 11-03-2004, 01:53 AM

Maybe the injectors themselves are defective?
Old 11-03-2004, 02:57 PM

wheres the head temp sensor ?

i have been told to check coolant temp sensor, and i checked it and when i unplugg the wires from coolant temp sensor nothing happens...runs the same ....

FPR is connected good... all sealed away

would TPS tell my injectors when to fire?? maybe its that too....

thx all appreciate the help greatly
Old 11-03-2004, 07:26 PM

i rewired my temp sensor and thermo switch and everything there...
tomorrow im gonna try a test guy has posted on ZCAR.com....
Old 11-04-2004, 09:30 AM
The Evil Twin

I think what I meant was engine temp sensor. Its really in the block. Passenger side, near plugs 5 and 6. Kinda in the area of the oil pressure sender. $50 from Nissan. I replaced mine. Nothing happened. My problem ended up being the FPR... your issue is troubling.

ya, you can pull apart the throttle sensor or adjust it. I wouldn't think it would make that big of a difference based on what you're telling us.... try everything!
Old 11-04-2004, 03:15 PM

i dont think we got head temp sensor, in book said US models only.
ill look anyways...
ill try the test with the fuel and the botle to see if its too much flow.

ill try everything...maybe junk it and buy a 350???? oo

thx anyways mr.clorox appreciate it
Old 11-04-2004, 04:57 PM

ok well i did the test again (with a brand new battery)
everything checks ok now...return is good as is send.

i pulled the sparks and they are BLACK. I just ran the engine on new sparks and they turned black and when i pulled em out there was smoke/exhaust coming out of the hole (i never noticed smoke before, or am i just blind)

so to sum it up, i get good fuel, FPR is new, no vac leaks, fuel returns good, sparks are black and runs like crap. I have tried playing with lots of connectors and relays....im just out of my mind here, never had a problem i couldnt fix hehe

also is there suppose to be sucktion at the valve cover gasket...i put my thumb on the little hole on the side and theres no sucktion (blowback or whatever its called hole)

thanks all

also my head temp sensor?? whats it look like i found something there that has a long screw on it and like 2 prone plugin but its not plugged in anywhere (this was when i bought it, ran fine for 3 years)

again thanks alot all of you, ill send you some canadian money...so you can maybe use it for fire starting????

Last edited by Skully; 11-04-2004 at 07:01 PM.