280ZX Brakes, Wheels, Suspension and Chassis Discussions related to performance suspension, wheels, brakes and chassis.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Really 465$?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 02:15 AM

Really 465$?

Really i just created a check out list at an autoparts store. Stoc replacement parts to include two Reman front calipers, Two Reman rear calipers, 4 New rotors, 8 new break pads 465$? reasion i replace calipers is due to two are leaking(front driver, rear passenger) warped front passenger rotor. but jeeze 465$ and not even got new break lines or a new shift boot yet.
Old 12-06-2009, 03:34 AM
eff good grammar

i thought you were crazy there for a seccond but i looked it up, whats costing you is rear calipers for some reason. even on rock auto there about $80 bucks a pop.

mabe its time for a brake upgrade then. i think theres a swap with maxima/240sx rear calipers and possibly fronts as well but the fronts on my maxima as i recall were single piston, not much of an up grade 240sx might have had dual pistons. then i remember seeing something about toyota truck calipers up front as well.

or if you dont want to go through all of that you can re bulid the calipers your self, its probally about $10 for a seal kit per caliper and mabe another $5 if you need to replace the piston
Old 12-07-2009, 03:38 AM

if i can get the kit. rebuilding is fine with me. I got most of whats needed for a Z31 5 lug swap. but after new rims and tires. it will cost more. but if theres anykind of strait or damn near strait swap for rears. i am all ears.
Old 12-10-2009, 06:35 AM

For now, i want to go with rebuild kit. but i can't find one. Goin this route i'll be able to afford SS brake lines. i'll be glad to include new pistons as well. A brake upgrade won't due justice since i am goin a whole diff route with brakes this summer. so refreash the stock, SS lines, i think it will do for now. But i really need more stopping power. this thing just don't cut it. SOOOOOOOOOO where do i get this kit?
Old 12-10-2009, 01:44 PM

i have a parts z31 if u need some parts for a swap, but i need the calipers and rear axles
Old 12-10-2009, 10:31 PM
eff good grammar

i think thats what hes after is the calipers.

the calipe rebulid kit can usually be had at any schmucks or oriley or napa or who ever, rock auto had some cheep ones but you pay for it in shipping some times, i'll try and find em

edit:
http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/rafr...&parttype=1720

link might not work, its a caliper repair kit there, pistons are sold seperatly if you need them, unless the top of yours made contact with something or something made it in the bore and scored the hell out of the side of the piston i doubt you'd need one but pull em to be safe and pistons are cheap too

Last edited by Niku-Sama; 12-10-2009 at 10:36 PM.
Old 01-09-2010, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by jrealmuto1
i have a parts z31 if u need some parts for a swap, but i need the calipers and rear axles
Got any BLACK drivers door panel, steering wheel, shift ****, drivers seat? $$??
Dog ate mine/