280ZX Brakes, Wheels, Suspension and Chassis Discussions related to performance suspension, wheels, brakes and chassis.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hi, I'm new to Zworld

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 07:44 AM

Sometimes Morgan can be down-right obsessive-compulsive. Watch what you wish for- these type come in all ages.

I guess sometimes I'm a little too close to the situ to appreciate it. I AM very proud of her even though she sometimes drives me nuts with her bull-headedness. She'll dress up eloquently, and Mom likes that, but she doesn't recognize gender boundries. i.e., three years ago she asked for a semi-automatic 22LR, and Mom reluctantly agreed because she reasoned it was a passing phase. In one sitting (and standing and laying) she can go through an entire block of ammo (500ct). When the rifle barrel gets too hot to touch she'll open it up and cool it enough, lube it and continue. Last year she asked for a really powerful, low-light level scope for Christmas, and this year she begged us for a bananna clip. Mom was really happy she seemed to finally settle down and build a hope chest, until Mom found out a bananna clip isn't a fruit holder (I know, a bananna is actually a berry). Mom is always accusing me of raising her as if she were a boy, but I'm not. She just happens to be wired differently than her older sister..., I'm in the middle; besides, why argue with someone who is armed and sighted in? Kidding aside, the other day she asked me if the Army has girl snipers! Hell, I don't know. Morgan refuses to shoot an animal, even a rabid varmit, but she wants to shoot a human!?! Huh? Hopfully its just a stage.

Soon I'll bring her into this group; 'So, you-all be nice now, Hear?' (but, if she takes someone's legs out I don't want them to come back crying to me- they did something to deserve it. Treat her like your own (mentally disturbed) sister. ;-)

Ciao4now, Brian
Old 01-29-2009, 08:06 AM

Re; "so.... you sew for a living? lol :P just playing"
Yes, my wife owns Sew Special Custom Embroidery, Screenprinting and LASER Engraving. I help her with production runs sometimes, and I keep all of the machines running. Mom bought the LASER to satisfy the kid that lives in me, though the PC that used to run it had the coax ripped out by Morgan when her feet she became entangled in the 'wires'. She 'just' ripped her feet free when she got frustrated. The broken coax first ripped the card out of the socket, bent the PC case and I believe ruined the mother-board; right now my LASER's just a $30K ornament collecting dust. I was afraid to mention our business, because I don't want to be seen as just another spammer. WHEN I get around to starting it back up, I want for someone to email me that 4-view line drawing of a Z car. The CNC LASER reads Corel and Mom just bought me the Corel X4 to learn (and load, and use, and?). I can 'cut' (actually it vaporizes the material) the width of a hair, so the more detail the better. I don't want to be kicked off, so I won't mention my wife's business again, but you did ask.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:52 AM
Joose Bocks

Smile Automatic Zcars

Automatic Zcars: suck big tyme i would rather drive my nikes than an auto Z car.........wheres ur daughter? tell her to give me a call and ill give her a ride on sum real raw power
Old 01-29-2009, 09:24 AM

Gotta-go see you-all Monday when I get back to this DoD job. I have three other jobs with my local govt., but I can still be contacted with my SewSpecial@paonline.com address, but mention to Mom that she should contact me.

I know you are just being like I once was, but I interned at 7 major inner-city LA emergency rooms in the early 80's. Just last year I pulled three dead teenagers out of a street racer that hit the bridge abuttment next to my house. They were all underwater, and I worked on the 18 year-old girl for 20 minutes until the amb arrived. She was the first I got out and both of her feet were trapped and I had to rip them the rest of the way off to get her to the surface. I had her out in 4 minutes flat, but the internal injuries were just devastating. The only one who survived was a heavy 14 year-old boy who was thrown THROUGH the roof (that came apart at the windscreen) and he landed over 50 feet away. The driver was the girl's own brother, and the other two were cousins of each other. Real racing is only OK when its sanctioned, but street racing is just not safe. I'm not mad, I just don't want to see anyone else get hurt.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:36 AM
Über User

haha... this isnt a super proper forum, you will see that as time passes, so unless you start making threads strictly based on promoting the business you wont get kicked. we love to promote and help self owned businesses as long as your on the forum for a real reason as well. as for the daughter, i just got my foid card and looking into buying my first gun with the help of my buddy thats been shooting since born, got my pilot license, still in college though almost dont with my IFR, love Z cars, love dirtbikes, currently own a super sport bike though, i have slight OCD and am very stubborn at times pretty competitive but extremely nice, its a messed up combo. and slight OCD is like the literal term, i used to walk through my highschool making sure i had an even amount of steps on each foot on each color tile through out the whole day and i cant eat a hamburger/sandwich normally i eat around the edges first then the center... im just glad my college now uses carpeting haha! so thats why i say, if she were older, its like a female me but uhhhh.... yeah im 21, there is a resident 16 year old on here you met (280zx2by2) though he is a butt head so yeah, advise her not to talk to him since he has no good advice and i doubt would offer anything else of value to her . also bringing the daughter on here, we are an extremely nice a understanding group, at least in this section, now if she had a 1990 + 300ZX and was in that section theres some fella's over there that arent so caring. so she more than likely wont get into any sort of flak or confrontation from any of us, and i doubt anyone will let their pride go bad enough to complain about a 15 year old girls mental war fare she waged on them through the internet haha. if you don't mind me asking, where are you from?

also, there are girl snipers i do believe, but snipers got some messed up eyes its doubtful she will qualify for that.

EDIT: also that guy that posted about you "d33zdrama" is a troll he has yet to offer any intelligence nor has he accepted any wise words from us, im sure he will be banned shortly if he keeps up the cruedness of his posts.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:51 AM
lww
Head Muckraker

Originally Posted by BrianFahey
I can't help but wonder if the Ford-based Jaguar 6-speed automatic with an OD lock-up would be a good transplant into a Z? I do prefer the manual shift, but the RWD S-type is really quick and the gears are close and crisp. I wonder if the Taurus uses that same gearbox?
Actually Brian, doing that swap would be unique, but you can get a lot more bang for the buck doing an LT-1 swap from a Camaro.

Check out:

http://www.jagsthatrun.com/Pages/Datsun_Z_V-8.html

http://www.jagsthatrun.com/Datsun-ZX_Order.html
Old 01-29-2009, 12:57 PM
Haterade by da gallon!

Originally Posted by snwbrderphat540
there is a resident 16 year old on here you met (280zx2by2) though he is a butt head so yeah
awww thats the nicest thing you have ever said about me