280ZX Brakes, Wheels, Suspension and Chassis Discussions related to performance suspension, wheels, brakes and chassis.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Epa 609/608

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 10:52 PM

Location: Houston Tx. Cleveland Tx. New Caney Tx. and every other Tx.
Epa 609/608

well I got my 609 liscens in the mail today, and I am going to take the 608 test tomorow morning. Hope I pass that one, because it is extreemly hard. there is 608 1, 2, and 3, wich I am going for all of them.

any who my suspension I have put two new tye rod ends in, 2 new coil springs in, and 2 new macpherson struts in the front, and nothing done to the rear. I have drove the car like this yet either, but I was woundering if this would be Ok, since I left both sides of the rear on the old suspension? it looks funy but I am sure it will settle if I wanted it to.
Old 02-04-2006, 07:23 PM

What are you talking about? Seriously, invest in a dictionary before you take any more tests. God, I'm and a**hole, but the suspension should be fine. A little hint: jack the car up on each lower control arm, loosen the bolt on the inner, then tighten it. With stock bushings, it will make a big difference.
Old 02-07-2006, 09:12 PM

To tell you the truth I am not sure what you are talking about as far as the dictionary is concerned but what ever man, and what it has to do with my epa lisenc. I know that dosn't have anything to do with my suspension but people as my self have tendenses to ramble somtimes. I work on industrial equip, and 18 wheelers so forgive me when I bring that stuff you don't understand. not intending for somone to be a dick head in my direction.

A proper suspension job is to replace in pairs, so what I was saying is both sides in front are cool, I was just wondering about the back as far as thrust angle and ride hieght in the rear. I allready know with the nose sticking up a little more i am just creating more drag.
Old 02-08-2006, 08:00 PM

Ok here is my ramble and rant (not really a rant) Change out your old rubber sway bar bushings for urethane ones. I did this by taking the ones at AutoZone and grinding them down to (close to factory) washer size then installed them with original hardware. Do the front and back and I promise you there will be a night and day difference. If you are into redoing the entire suspension I would buy an energy suspension kit (but I have no experiance in a vehicle with such done) I hear that it makes a vast improvment on how the car handles, but it does have small drawbacks (ie better transmission of road noise into the car). As far as your tests go, ok thats greek to me. The stuff I work on the EPA dosent get a say in emissions (much). All I can say with the test is good luck, and enjoy the drive there!

BTW dont even think about spell checking that LOL
Old 02-09-2006, 09:59 AM

Congrats on the 609

I Know i'll have to get mine here soon.

do you have to be 18 to get it?
I guess that doesnt really matter.
In a few months ill be 18.

What was the worst part of the test?

later bro.

edit: actually what im thinking of is the cdl liscence,haha man im a goof

Last edited by nis88300zx; 02-09-2006 at 10:02 AM.
Old 02-09-2006, 05:47 PM

Still, no one has said what the tests are for. I also work on heavy trucks (collision repair) and still dont know what those numbers mean.
Old 02-09-2006, 08:07 PM

EPA 609 evirmental protection agency 609, the agency has come up with standards for dealing with refrigerants, and procedure for doing ac work on the trucks, and cars.608, is for the standard for industrial chillers, like in hospitals stores, you know the thermo king units and carier, units on the tractor trailers.608,or 609 is just the cert number if you.609 is the easyest one to pass, because think about it, the a/c systems in vehicle is so freekin easy I scored a 100% on the test.608 is a differant story it is very hard. electronics 3-way valves, pilot solenoids.....I know thermo king and carier so that is all I really need.
Old 02-10-2006, 05:55 PM

You're right about the auto and truck stuff, I can put custom AC together in my sleep... If only there were an international standard on the fittings/ seals. Like why not use JIC fittings for everything? Ive worked on cars with three or four refrig hoses, and 5 different fittings! Now Im pissed off, who do I yell at?
Old 02-11-2006, 05:43 AM

um try yelling at the manufacturers, and the guvernment, epa and people like that. I don't know if it will help thogh because this is what they wanted it to be like.
Old 02-13-2006, 06:17 PM

Yell at the engineers who design the system. Any system can be designed for ease of maintiance, trust me when you can make a fighter jet engine tool box get down to under ten handtools, yeah its possiable. Dont forget too when an engineer designs a car he can use old designs to save $... making the hoses adapt is a lot easier. But in general its the engineers you need to yell at.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:38 PM

Well the reason the enginers made it so hard on us the technitians is because he cot us screwing his wife, one night, and has decided to make our work life hell.Good thing he dosn't know we are ****ing his oldest doghter too.