280ZX Brakes, Wheels, Suspension and Chassis Discussions related to performance suspension, wheels, brakes and chassis.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Eibachs....

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2003, 12:04 AM
Coming to understand "Z"

Eibachs....

Ive read tons of good things about the eibachs, but id really like to hear how they do on the z's...
any one have em?
I liked the sound of progressive springs, although i havent compared progressive and non-progressive. any help? And do i have to buy a spring compressor, i mean cmon im only gonna use it once...
maybe ill get some springs after xmas
then get shocks asap, but may hafta ride stocks for a while
Old 12-17-2003, 06:12 AM

I have read a bit on those to and see little complaints and for the spring compresser yes you need one. Dont try it with out one those springs are under pressure when on the strut and can do injury if removed incorrectlly. Some of our parts store's here in Atlanta will loan or rent specialty tools and this is the way to go if possible.
Old 12-17-2003, 09:53 AM
The Evil Twin

Progressive has a softer ride and once the car starts to lean into a turn it gets into the more resistant spring rate really quickly. The non-progressive is more like the 350Z it is tighter all the time with a slightly harsher ride... but more sporty feeling.

I think I would prefer the harsher ride as I'm sick of my heavy 280ZX's mushy suspension (old and tired shocks/springs). I've ridden in a 350Z and its nice. A guy at work got the progressive springs for his Eagle Talon and he liked them...
Old 12-17-2003, 03:25 PM
Coming to understand "Z"

hmmm well it doesn't sound like the tokicos are that rough so maybe ill save a bit of money and go with those..
and i do like the tight feel.
theyve both got life time waranties...so maybe i will..thanks!

anywhere cheaper to get them to fit my application, i know i can get em for pretty cheap, but they never carry em for an old car..?
Old 12-17-2003, 05:41 PM

Well, about the spring compressor.... IMHO, I really don't think you'd need one. Once the car is up in the air, the weight is off the springs, right? Since the Eibach springs will lower your car up to 1 full inch, you should have enough space to lower the car onto the springs....see where I'm going with this?

I'm going with the Eibach's myself and will be doing the trade this spring.
Old 12-18-2003, 04:49 PM
Coming to understand "Z"

yea!

wooooooooo

im gettin the full tokico set up, the tokico springs and the blues... all for $400 new! woohooo!

ebay rocks....
Old 01-07-2004, 10:22 PM

I''ve got Tokico Illuma's with Eibach Pro springs. Huge improvement over stock. No complaints at all. Definitely get a spring compressor. It can be done without one, but it is extremely difficult. I've heard of people losing fingers trying to do that. The compressor makes the job much easier. You're in school to learn, so use your head on this and get the spring compressor. I'd hate to have to say I told you so.
Old 01-12-2004, 09:05 PM
Coming to understand "Z"

oh yea.. no ghetto riggin, get the tools! yea got the spring compressors was real easy, cept the person before me over torqued the nut on top of the shock and stripped that top plate....whew was rought gettin it off after that.... but all done and wonderful, id recomend it to anyone!
Old 07-10-2004, 04:02 PM
Coming to understand "Z"

Ey sorry for the long time response. The springs are great, i like it a lot. The springs are muchs stiffer than stock which is nice. The car just feels much more level, and on the ground. It dropped a lil more than an inch. So not painfully low like some cars. I avoid all speed bumps I can, but I can clear most average speed bumps. Unfortunately the car is still a little looser than i'd like. But thats from old bushings. i'd like a little less body roll too, so i'll hafta replace the sway bars. Tower bars are on the way too! ive also got 14in wheels, yuc! so thers abit of tire flex. but lucky for me im ordering tires and wheels this week! woohoo, ill get pics up asap! thx all...