ZDriver.com

ZDriver.com (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/)
-   280ZX Appearance Exterior, Interior (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/280zx-appearance-exterior-interior-80/)
-   -   interior kits (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/280zx-appearance-exterior-interior-80/interior-kits-6929/)

dashboardjebus 09-01-2003 04:23 PM

interior kits

any good sites or mags for good quality interior kits?

icice9 09-01-2003 06:00 PM

interior Kits??? you mean like carpet kits.. seat cover kits? but if your lookin for something diffrent then your most likly gonna have to go custom...

dashboardjebus 09-01-2003 07:49 PM

like a carpet kit, or door panel kit, i think im gana get some arm rests off some other car and custum fab ym own doors, i really dont like the arm rest at all, and the window opener panel looks weird sittign there alone. i want to make my interrior, truely "my interrior" 1 of a kind. also, my trunk pad. the big foam peice, is ripped at one point. is that grounds for replacement? or when i reinstall it will it flatten out again.

icice9 09-01-2003 10:21 PM

i feel you on that... thats why i went the custom rout... you can get a carpet kit from MSA and at victoria british or you can even get it at JC whitney.. JC whitney is a lil cheaper then both those places... and i think they even use the same molded carpet kit.. i got mine from MSA... the front was okay but the back... i wasnt too happy with.. in about a month it fadded and changed colors on me... what once use to be black is now a deep purple... as far as door panels... you should get them reupholstered. you can select your own material to match your seats and creat your own pattern or design..as far as the rear foam... you can get a used one from the junk yard or you can see if MSA has any...

come chekc out my interior... i reupholstered my door panels to match my seats... my interior is all custom.. i even had the rear reupholstered or covered in the same material as my seats and doors..... jsut click on the link bellow and go to page 4 on my car domain site...

dashboardjebus 09-02-2003 08:56 AM

hey im gettign a camra today, so expect to finally see my 280!!!!!

AllmyZs 09-06-2003 07:09 AM

That is a very nce lookin ZX. I cant wait until my 78Z gets done so I can post pics. I am doing a complete restore this winter. I made a serious error in jugdment and let some one do my body work and paint. Dam my kids could have done a better job, the paint has runs, drips, is uneven and has severe pitting. He also put the groung effect kit on wrong and looks like he took bondo in the seams with his finger like caulking. I am seriously pissed, he had the car for over a f@#$ year. So I am cleaning out the garage and that is my winter project. I am gonna have before, during and after pics.

icice9 09-06-2003 04:40 PM

oh man thata F@#ked up... id be pissed too.. i hope you told him what you thought about his work... when i had my car painted i went to the body shop everyday to see his progress... i know that my body shop guy was getting tired of seeing me but i got to see how and what he did to my car... at first he was gonna rivet my whole body kit on and leave the rivets on.. i said no way to that.. i told him i wanted my kit molded on with clean seams... and thats exactly what he did... he wasnt too sure at first but after he was done with my car.. he was just as surprised at the results as i was... he did a great job with the body and did everything i wanted him to.. well i hope your car turns out the way you want it... and id love to see the pics of it when its all done...

duckyz 09-18-2003 07:54 PM

Well, A long time ago...... I found an old wresteling mat at a local high school that they were throwing away. I snagged it and used it to line the back of my '78 Jeep Cherokee. I'm sure you could do the same to a Z.

randyrandy 09-19-2003 11:34 AM

www.customautointeriors.net has kits avail for all years of z and zx.Fair prices and installation instructions.