ZDriver.com

ZDriver.com (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/)
-   280ZX Appearance Exterior, Interior (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/280zx-appearance-exterior-interior-80/)
-   -   did i grab the right betty module? (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/280zx-appearance-exterior-interior-80/did-i-grab-right-betty-module-24775/)

lostforawhile 01-19-2008 12:38 PM

did i grab the right betty module?

hey i grabbed a betty module from a z at the yard,at least i think it's betty. it was in the right location to be her,in the jack compartment at the rear of the car. can someone help me identify which year this is from,if it's the correct part?
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...g?t=1200774914
i can't seem to identify the correct wiring diagram eithier

Bleach 01-19-2008 12:42 PM

gongrats! you found the For Sale section. Most new users can't find it. ;) hehe

but, this is a tech question. I'll move it to the appropriate forum.

Ok, that item pictured does not look familar. I don't think that is the voice warning system from a 280ZX. What year Z did you pull it from? What year is YOUR z?

lostforawhile 01-19-2008 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Bleach
gongrats! you found the For Sale section. Most new users can't find it. ;) hehe

but, this is a tech question. I'll move it to the appropriate forum.

Ok, that item pictured does not look familar. I don't think that is the voice warning system from a 280ZX. What year Z did you pull it from? What year is YOUR z?

um thats what i'm trying to figure out,i'm retrofitting it to another japanese car. i have a 72 datsun pickup as soon as i pull it from the weeds at my buddies,but it will have z parts. :unibrow: this one might be from an 82,i can't for the life of me remember. it was in the right spot.i'm pretty sure it was a turbo car though. def a z of course. if it wasn't pouring freezing rain and it wasn't saturday,i think he still has the car out there. the bracket is missing because i made up a different mounting system.

snwbrderphat540 01-19-2008 12:48 PM

my parts car had a betty also. i could pull it for yah if you find out thats the wrong thing.

lostforawhile 01-19-2008 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by snwbrderphat540
my parts car had a betty also. i could pull it for yah if you find out thats the wrong thing.

yea that would work. i appreciate it. at least i'll know what year so i can get a diagram. it's going in an 86 honda accord hatchback is what it's going in. i used to have the diagram,. so i know i have all the correct inputs,including the one in the speedometer head. i have the carpet out in preparation for an extensive alarm system, so i was going to run all my wires to a central location while i'm in wiring mode. i have to run wires from the individual door switches anyway. as well as the cluster. best to do it one time. i had put one of these systems in my datsun 310 gx in i believe 91, so i kind of miss the lady voice. as far as remembering what al i did to make it work,i can't remember crap from that long ago.

snwbrderphat540 01-19-2008 02:29 PM

mines an 82 2+2 non turbo. honestly though, i have no clue where to find betty. lol. and do you want me to cut the pigtail so you have some wires to work with? or do you want me to just unplug it?

NismoPick 01-19-2008 02:44 PM

2 Attachment(s)

honestly though, i have no clue where to find betty. lol.

Voice warning box is located in the spare tire area, top of the wheel well...

Originally Posted by lostforawhile
it was in the right location to be her,in the jack compartment at the rear of the car.

Lost... that isn't a 280zx betty box. It should be black... (see pics)

lostforawhile 01-19-2008 03:03 PM

mines an 82 2+2 non turbo. honestly though, i have no clue where to find betty. lol. and do you want me to cut the pigtail so you have some wires to work with? or do you want me to just unplug it?

yea get as much wire as you can. i might have the diagram for that one. i need the wire to hook it back up. whats wierd is the one i got came from a turbo and it's in the spare tire area just like yours. mine is going in a non z car so i need the pig tail to make everything work. whats wierd is it has what look like level controls. i dk what else it could be,i don't think it's a cruise box i have a cruise box somewhere. it was right at the top of the spare tire well right on top of the wheel well area. it's oem i know that much, well if it isn't betty the only other thing i can think of is it's some kind of unit for the radio. i would like to figure out what the hell it is though.

lostforawhile 01-19-2008 03:28 PM

thanks for all the help guys. if i've spent the last six months looking for a wiring diagram for the wrong unit i'm going to feel like a complete idiot.

snwbrderphat540 01-19-2008 04:08 PM

im guessing its the black box in the VERY bottom right corner of the first picture nismo posted?

NismoPick 01-19-2008 04:15 PM

Yep... black box, top of right wheel well.

85_300zxt 01-19-2008 04:21 PM

the first picture looks like the betty from my car

lostforawhile 01-19-2008 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by 85_300zxt
the first picture looks like the betty from my car

the gold colored one?

85_300zxt 01-19-2008 05:32 PM

the gold colored one?

ya....and a friend gave me some z31 parts and i got another one too they ork swell

lostforawhile 01-19-2008 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by 85_300zxt
ya....and a friend gave me some z31 parts and i got another one too they ork swell

what car is it from so i can also keep a diagram for this one

NismoPick 01-19-2008 06:46 PM

what car is it from so i can also keep a diagram for this one

Z31 300zx...... :D

Spraguepsycho1 01-19-2008 07:16 PM

The Betty in my '82 looked identicle to the one in Nismo's 1st pic. The black box.

entropy31 01-19-2008 10:46 PM

it's going in an 86 honda accord hatchback is what it's going in.

Z parts in a honduh?!?!? blasphemy!!!!!!! though i wonder if z32 seats would fit in my Wunder Wagon.........:D

Niku-Sama 01-20-2008 12:56 AM

betty? i was told it was maxine since it was first introduced in the maxima/810.
i have one from an 87 some place

snwbrderphat540 01-20-2008 12:57 AM

maxine is what you name a dog. YEESH!

lostforawhile 01-20-2008 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by entropy31
Z parts in a honduh?!?!? blasphemy!!!!!!! though i wonder if z32 seats would fit in my Wunder Wagon.........:D

well i've also spent a year and a half making a manifold to put 72 510 sss carbs in there too. the manifold looks badass, will be better when i finally get then finished mocked up and installed. i need to send them to z therapy with some moola first. at least i'm keeping it all old school asian. this is the old one with the 2 litre iron block, at least it's not a civic. :) :) :048:

lostforawhile 01-20-2008 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by Niku-Sama
betty? i was told it was maxine since it was first introduced in the maxima/810.
i have one from an 87 some place

it's actually bitchin betty,that came from the air force. the aircraft that calmly tell you warning warning....all the way to impact. somehow it doesn't suprise me that nissan put a voice in the z that sounds like a fighter plane. hmmmmmmm that wouldn't appeal to us guys would it?

lostforawhile 03-07-2008 01:12 PM

ok grabbed another one, the 83 turbo car is the 280 z correct? that's what it's out of. the metal box held in with two 10mm bolts on the back side of the brace inside of the spare tire/jack compartment on the passenger side? now i need to find a wiring diagram is all.

NismoPick 03-07-2008 01:17 PM

ok grabbed another one, the 83 turbo car is the 280 z correct?

uh hum... 280zX :D

the metal box held in with two 10mm bolts on the back side of the brace inside of the spare tire/jack compartment on the passenger side?

Should be black plastic & metal cage... just like in the pics posted above.

now i need to find a wiring diagram is all.

Check out our documents thread: https://www.zdriver.com/forums/site-brainstorming-259/documents-thread-21185/

or www.xenons130.com

lostforawhile 03-07-2008 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by NismoPick
uh hum... 280zX :D

Should be black plastic & metal cage... just like in the pics posted above.

Check out our documents thread: https://www.zdriver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21185

or www.xenons130.com

wierd i saw a thread on another forum,i wish i could find it too,it was a step by step on retrofitting betty and it was an all metal box just like this one. i don't know what else in there could have this many wires coming out of it unless it's the control box for the adjustable suspension. but there was nothing else in the spare tuire well but this one and i don't know of anything else that has this many wires coming from it there.