240Z, 260Z, 280Z (S30) Forums Dedicated to first generation ZCars

Z Coming Home!

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 10:35 PM

Z Coming Home!

Here are a few pics of the Z, which after 10 months in the shop is coming home as soon as the seat belts are in and the registration is brought up to date. LOTS of interior work left to do, but a she looks great and is running beautifully. Pardon the crappy camera phone pics. They don't do the color justice.

Old 12-27-2007, 10:42 PM

Is that the same one that's in your sig. looks gorgeous. Very clean look.
Old 12-27-2007, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by mowermechanic
Is that the same one that's in your sig. looks gorgeous. Very clean look.
Yeah. Here are the pics when it came out of the body shop back in February. Shows the color better.

Old 12-27-2007, 10:51 PM

When it came out of the body shop it wasn't running, had no brakes, no radiator, no lights, wiring harness was missing, no fuel lines, no window regulators or window glass. You get the picture. It took a while but things have come a long way.

Last edited by kenpomgm; 12-27-2007 at 11:05 PM.
Old 12-27-2007, 11:30 PM
Über User

i demand mods! lol, and yeah i remember when you posted that long time ago. i see you were in no rush lol
Old 12-27-2007, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by snwbrderphat540
i demand mods! lol, and yeah i remember when you posted that long time ago. i see you were in no rush lol
yeah, it has been a painful wait. The fuel delivery system and electrical took 2 months, the brake parts took 4 months to arrive and another month to install, blah, blah, blah. It has been slow going, but it gave me time to make the $$ to pay for the work, so it wasn't all bad. Hopefully I can get the interior done in time to take it to MSA in the spring, and Blackhawk this summer.
Old 12-28-2007, 08:30 AM
The Evil Twin

that car is NICE! Very clean. I love it.

Is it for sale?
Old 12-28-2007, 08:34 AM

That's one of the nicest paint jobs I've seen in a long time. That other Z in the pics looks great too, got any more pics if that one?
Old 12-28-2007, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by Spraguepsycho1
That's one of the nicest paint jobs I've seen in a long time. That other Z in the pics looks great too, got any more pics if that one?
The shop works on a lot of Z's, and that one has been there a while as well. Next time I go back I can snap a couple if you want. What are you looking for specifically?

We went with a clean look for my z. no emblems, no side markers, no antenna, and shaved door locks.
Old 12-28-2007, 09:35 AM

Not looking for anything in particular. It's just that it's always nice to see a nice, clean, curvy, classic car with a great quality looking paint job.
Old 12-29-2007, 06:47 PM
West Coast!

pics of the engine please and where exactly is this shop?
Old 12-29-2007, 08:21 PM
Political n00b crusher

Very nice!! Love the rims....
Old 12-29-2007, 10:58 PM
Über User

i like the rims style, only prob i have with them, is they dont have a lip... like at all... they have the senter section just recessed in the rim alot. which if you stare at it for a while, looks odd. lol
Old 12-30-2007, 11:25 AM

I'm very happy with the rims. The previous owner (a friend) has had them for years, first on another Z, then on this one. There are lug covers, which I'm not going to install until I get the car home. We'll see then if that helps the look.

The only thing that is a small concern is that since the wheels are 17's I have to go with a thinner tire for clearance. The look is good, but the ride would be improved with 16's a a meatier tire.
Old 12-30-2007, 03:39 PM
Über User

16's and 15's are the best for these cars ive noticed as well

oh and now im SUPER jealous of your paint job, my color is good, but my clear sucks *****. i need more coats.....
Old 12-31-2007, 06:07 PM

I am very happy with the color, but the "workmanship" leaves something to be desired. The body shop did promise to fix anything I found, and I found some significant stuff. We will see how they react when I bring it back to them.

Visited the Z again today, while my Volvo was getting some work done. Started doing a little cleanup in the engine bay and on the wheels, just to determine whether it is going to take a lot of work to clean up or not. Determination: it isn't going take much effort. The wheels are in great shape, just dirty. Engine bay needs a thorough cleaning, and the valve cover needs to be polished up. The worst part is the carbs and intakes look pretty bad. Headers are peeling as well. I may send a couple of sets of SU's up to Z Therapy for a cleaned up set.

Anybody use Z Therapy?
Old 12-31-2007, 06:19 PM

16's and 15's are the best for these cars ive noticed as well

oh and now im SUPER jealous of your paint job, my color is good, but my clear sucks *****. i need more coats.....
The paint job was paid for by the previous owner, even though I picked the car up when it was done. It was NOT cheap. You painted yours in your garage for $100 in materials. I am pretty impressed with that.

I commuted in this patchwork Z for over a year before getting it painted back in 2002. Considered a rattle-can job many times b/c the dang thing was so ugly.

Old 01-01-2008, 04:17 PM
Über User

lol, looks almost like desert camo. and yeah i did do it in the garage paint came out nearly flawless, did find one run at a door seem, to late now to fix that. but the clear... the clear just was not cooperating on anything but my hatch. so im hoping to toss another thick coat on and have here looky the way i want.

let me ask you something, did they wax/polish your car already?
Old 01-01-2008, 06:58 PM

let me ask you something, did they wax/polish your car already?
Yes, they waxed it the day I picked it up on Feb 1st last year.
Old 01-01-2008, 07:29 PM
Über User

thank god, cause if it was that damn shiney without wax, i was gonna feel like crap. lol thats still a really interesting green....

oh and i dont think you answered, but is the motor fairly stock? SU carb'ed L24???
Old 01-02-2008, 10:23 AM

thank god, cause if it was that damn shiney without wax, i was gonna feel like crap. lol thats still a really interesting green....

oh and i dont think you answered, but is the motor fairly stock? SU carb'ed L24???
British Racing Green modeled after a Jag that our CEO drives, although I think mine has a bit more "purple" in it??

Engine/drivetrain is L28/5-Speed/R200 with SU's, but it has a few standard and a few non-standard mods: electronic ignition, MSD w/blaster coil, electric fan, electric fuel pump, 4-core racing radiator, 240sx rear disc brakes, outlaw calipers on the front discs, coilovers, tokico illuminas, bigger sway bars.
Old 01-02-2008, 12:17 PM
The Evil Twin

At least the desert camo car has nice doors.
Old 01-02-2008, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by Bleach
At least the desert camo car has nice doors.
The doors were the best part on the car, except for the engine and drivetrain, which were actually in very good shape. Notice they were shaved, so I had solonoids hooked up to pop the doors on a remote. They were painted toyota silver, and looked great. When I finally got the car painted it didn't look as good as those doors!
Old 01-02-2008, 11:18 PM

Sexy! Looks gorgeous!
Old 01-03-2008, 08:28 AM
The Evil Twin

Did you buy new bumpers from MSA (back when they made them) or where did you get them rechromed?

Quick Reply: Z Coming Home!