240Z, 260Z, 280Z (S30) Forums Dedicated to first generation ZCars

my new brake setup!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2003, 08:42 AM

my new brake setup!

i just received the following; modified adj. front control arms and t/c rods from mike kelly at zf racing [i got the last set mike made] and my big brake kit from ross corrigan at modern-motorsports www.modern-motorsports.com] ! all i can say is WOW! just got the front suspension pieces back from powder coating and they look great. i'm looking forward to getting an alignment and being able to adj. camber and caster [in add to toe] on the front end-while on the car. still working on the rear control arms-ross said he has some in the works-hurry ross-summer's coming soon!

from ross i ordered; big brake kit and the turbo cv adaptors. the machine work on the rotors, hats and rear caliper adaptors are superb. the front calipers are 13" directionally vented clamped by a floating 2 piston pbr alum caliper. the "hat" which allows the rotor to attach to the stock hub was anodized in red for me and it looks sweet! i figured that while i had everything torn down i should also upgrade the rear axles to the turbo cv's so i also purchased the adaptors from ross. the machine work and welds are beautiful-as well as functional. i was very impressed when i inventoried the box i received. i showed all the parts to a good friend who runs a local speed shop and he agreed that everything is top notch. for the rear i'll be using the 240sx calipers along with ross' adaptors as well as his ebrake piece.

i couldn't figure out how to post the pics i had taken, so if you use this link you can see what i have so far.

http://www.classiczcars.com/photopos...r=1750&thumb=1

i have also weighed the new front setup vs. old-only a 2.5 pound increase over the stock setup. since it's been so cold here in upstate ny, my progress has been slow. but i'll update with pics as i continue with the upgrade
Old 03-11-2003, 02:23 PM

promises, promises...anyway, hope to z u both once college is out for the summer.
Old 03-17-2003, 09:27 AM

brake upgrade update pics

just added a couple new pics [link below]-still doing some cleanup, painting and pre-fitting before getting it all back together. so far, so good as everything seems to be going as planned. i've had a few questions here and there and ross from modern-motorsports.com has been great.

http://www.classiczcars.com/photopo...cat=500&thumb=1

can't wait to get out and see how this bad boy stops!