240Z, 260Z, 280Z (S30) Forums Dedicated to first generation ZCars

Just wanted to brag....

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 07:24 PM

Just wanted to brag....

I just got through driving the Z for the first time since working out all of the electrical issues (Damn GA decided it was actually going to have a winter this year :/) and man did it make a difference. I've got bright head lights and all 3 speeds of windshield wipers lo l.........BUT

I still have no blinkers (gonna check the flasher units) and no Hazards. I also have ONE side marker out, which makes no sense cuz it was working before I started screwing with everything lol. Lets say that the flasher units are good as well as my fuses.....do I just have a break in the circuit? It seems like I read somewhere that the Hazards and Blinkers were actually spidered together.....do both need to be working for either one to be functional?

And just in case anyone cares....its looking like LT1 for the Z. I've even got a 6-speed tranny from a Transam to drop in along with the JTR mount kit.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:47 PM
w0rld's l0ngest m0t0rswap

hey yeah can you make a log of what you do? I butchered my wiring (we have the same year and make) cause I have headlights and brake lights. I still have to figure out windshield, blinkers, hazards and hell i just have to figure out how to stop the car from perma-draining the battery hahaha
Old 01-13-2010, 09:04 PM
Intrawebz Wizard

I know in my 280Z, that if my hazard switch isnt fully on or off, none of the turn signal lights will work at all. I still haven't figured it out. but It fixed itself somehow after I had a huge spark fly out of the steering column cover.

Taking a shot in the dark that the spark is probably a bad thing lol. Only think I can think of is break out the multimeter and check to make sure the switched and flasher units are getting power, no power to them, run back to the fuse. still no power then check the line between the batter and the fuse box. Oh and check all grounds!
Old 01-14-2010, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by thetremendousti
hey yeah can you make a log of what you do? I butchered my wiring (we have the same year and make) cause I have headlights and brake lights. I still have to figure out windshield, blinkers, hazards and hell i just have to figure out how to stop the car from perma-draining the battery hahaha
Sho nuff my man...... Have you seen this wiring diagram? It helped me a ton while figuring out my body wiring......

http://www.atlanticz.ca/zclub/techti...60Z_wiring.pdf

It's pretty well awesomeness in pdf form bretheren.
Old 01-14-2010, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by BlueKitsune
I know in my 280Z, that if my hazard switch isnt fully on or off, none of the turn signal lights will work at all. I still haven't figured it out. but It fixed itself somehow after I had a huge spark fly out of the steering column cover.

Taking a shot in the dark that the spark is probably a bad thing lol. Only think I can think of is break out the multimeter and check to make sure the switched and flasher units are getting power, no power to them, run back to the fuse. still no power then check the line between the batter and the fuse box. Oh and check all grounds!
I shall kind sir....and ya def gotta watch out for those sparks I got a few of those while rewiring the headlights cuz I'm not good at detaching the negative on the battery wire. I would remember when my fingers tingled hahahahahah........

But I'll prolly start checking out the wiring with your strategy later this week....I'll keep you guys in the loop