Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 06:56 PM
West Coast!

ok where can i buy one?
Old 09-08-2007, 06:59 PM
The Cake Is A Lie!

Originally Posted by tonsoffun300zx
ok where can i buy one?
this is a turbine, not a rocket, but same idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtUdhkJvjZo

you can probably find one at an airplane junkyard.
Old 09-08-2007, 07:11 PM
The Cake Is A Lie!

or you could always put a Viper motor in there. it has been done. but considering the questions you are asking, i doubt very much you could make it work.
Old 09-09-2007, 12:41 AM
Über User

this thread is a little.... no no, VERY noobish. i respect the want for power and quest for information but this information is all VERY redundant, its been discussed ALOT, ive dont the "swap" sorta and am pretty happy with it, btw nismopick, i fixed my connector and the ECU LED is back on, so i guess it does give a little indication to something other than on. lol. DONT twin turbo your car, its a stupid and inneficient design unless you have a V motor (V6 V8 etc) we have an inline motor, most supra and skyline people go to a single turbo because you can run a bigger turbo more efficiently since you have all 6 cylinders powering one big turbo instead of 3cylinders power one small turbo and 3 more powering another turbo, just because it has 2 turbos does NOT mean its better, sometimes 2 isnt better than one the swap isnt for you though unless you know/pray someone to do it since your still learning ALOT. but go l28et get the motor an all the crap on it turbo, manifolds,downpipe, etc, get the ECU wiring harness and ecu. you should get a 5 speed tranny as well since i HATE my 4 speed im forced to use.... HATE HATE HATE!!!!! but the turbo cars 5speed will take a little more work to fit into the 240z unfortunatly. you can bolt in the motor moutn your ecu run the harness bolt your trans, but i think... know you will need help wiring up the ECU's wiring harness. its no big really, but unless your an electrical engineer or get a better knowledge on cars i doubt you can do this part. sorry if im assuming to much but its for your good not for my evilness. lol. its really just 2 constant power wires, removing the external voltage regulator unless you use the 240z's alternator, a start signal wire, and an "on" signal wire... theres a little more to it but thats just the abridged version. its pertty simple though. and from there you can go bigger injectors more boost bigger turbo front mount intercooler standalone ECU.... all the fun stuff and get a good amount of power, the 240Z doesnt weigh diddly squat and is RWD soo even a mere 300hp to the rear wheels will give you a FAST car. and is an easy number to achieve.