240Z, 260Z, 280Z Performance / Technical Discussions related to performance motor enhancements, upgrades.

what would this do to a car?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2004, 01:15 PM

what would this do to a car?

ok, sure, everyone has heard of the whole "sugar in the gas tank trick", which ends up clogging your fuel filter, injectors/carburetors, etc., but what would happen if someone put more than just that in a tank? what if a person were to pour not only sugar, but some industrial pool tile cleaner, some 40:1 mix of 2 cycle engine oil and gas, and to top it off, some gatorade? we could, in essence, call this mix "hatorade", but what would a quart of this mix do to a vehicle if dumped in a gas tank?
Old 10-01-2004, 12:00 PM

I saw an episode of "mythbusters" on TLC or Discovery channel a couple weeks ago. These guys had an old V8 and they dumped sugar and just about anything else you could imagine in the tank. The motor kept running!!!! Even a bleech mixture of some sort. Sooner or later the engine would have died but I couldn't believe that it was running at all. The sugar in the tank is a busted myth according to them. I sure wouldn't want to try it in any of my cars

Vicky
Old 10-02-2004, 09:44 AM
the Dude

sugar caramelizes when subjected to heat, which happens in the combustion chamber. What it does it stick to the cylinder walls and toast piston rings.
Old 10-02-2004, 10:44 AM
Loves Going Topless

Why mix all that, if you want to trash an engine just dump in a load of paradichlobenzine crystals (ground up mothballs) it'll over amp the engine and at times scatter parts.