240Z, 260Z, 280Z Performance / Technical Discussions related to performance motor enhancements, upgrades.

76 280z...again

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 09:23 PM

76 280z...again

Ok, so been awhile since i posted here is the story so far. Had my z about 3-4 years now, 1st year i had it it stopped running, and since then it has been slow( all the time and money i could afford) diagnosing process. Just recently the fuel pump failed, so the tank was dropped, the fuel filler hose replaced(as it was leaking like a sive) and the fuel pump was upgraded to a msd fuelpump( as it was the cheaper option). Now, the car fired up first try, but when applying pressure to the gas pedal it sputterted and died. Could not get it to fire up again. So what im thinking is either fuel pressure is dropping off(which does not make sense to me because of it starting but hey its possible) or perhapes there is to much fuel pressure(i omitted the fuel damper as i have found quite a few posts saying its ok, is it?). Now i plan on buying a inline fuel pressure gauge or in the engine bay to check whats going on with the fuel pressure, does anyone no the sizes for the fittings? Does anyone have any other ideas what it could be?