ZDriver.com

ZDriver.com (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/)
-   240Z, 260Z, 280Z Performance / Technical (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/240z-260z-280z-performance-technical-124/)
-   -   240z (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/240z-260z-280z-performance-technical-124/240z-15967/)

dasher108 11-29-2005 10:55 PM

240z

2 Attachment(s)
not sure where to post this? need some opinions though do you think it is worth the price? CAD
it would be my first Z, also a project for over the winter/spring

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Description -Original Straight 6
-Aftermarket Headers
-Custom Paint Job (chips here and there)
-Shaved Rear Bumper
-Molded "whale tale" spoiler to hatch
-Lowered
-New Floor boards, drivers & passangers side
-Newer Carpet
-Front fascial with grill (not installed)
-Runs Good
-low serial number, one of the first 240's made

The Bad
-Cracked dash
-Torn bottom seat on drivers side only
-Car sat for about 2 years (not a bad thing just a side note)
-small rust areas
-needs some TLC
-transmission needs work

Price: $2,300

Fast240Z 11-29-2005 11:07 PM

not a bad looking car, be careful about rust and such. What may look like a little rust could be some serious cancer. I'd check under the battery tray, the doglegs, under the back hatch, the spare tire wheel well, and the floorboards.

As for it being a early 240Z, it does have the side emblems that indicate that age. Check to see if it has vents below the glass on the rear hatch, and also check the VIN and post it here to make sure it truly is a early 240Z.

duowing 11-30-2005 10:08 AM

One thing that I'm always curious. What does it mean when they say the car needs TLC? I mean, I know what TLC stands for, but what do they mean by it? Do they mean it's gonna need work, or it has problems that are going to need to be worked out or what? I'm just curious as to what you might want to expect from a car needing TLC.

Fast240Z 11-30-2005 12:04 PM

depends on the seller. I'd say my Z needs some tlc (rust spots, not too bad, but need to be fixed), new paint job would be nice, e-brake needs to be tightened, new seats and headliner would be nice too.

duowing 12-04-2005 10:57 PM

So essentially TLC is just a way of saying. Don't expect a perfect car, but it's saying it's not terrible.

jenny240z 12-09-2005 09:17 AM

i like your car

Originally Posted by Fast240Z
not a bad looking car, be careful about rust and such. What may look like a little rust could be some serious cancer. I'd check under the battery tray, the doglegs, under the back hatch, the spare tire wheel well, and the floorboards.

As for it being a early 240Z, it does have the side emblems that indicate that age. Check to see if it has vents below the glass on the rear hatch, and also check the VIN and post it here to make sure it truly is a early 240Z.

Hey, my name's jenny. i reallly love the look of your datsun...i think they are sexy classic cars. my boyfriend is currently working on his 240z - it a 1973 datsun 240z - i love it...looks like an old ferrari almost. anyway his bday is coming up and i wanna buy him something for the project that will blow his mind....in your opinion, what car parts do you think i should get for that style & make/year of dats. budget is $200-400canadian - get back to me, my email is "thatgirljen@hotmail.com"