240Z, 260Z, 280Z Brakes, Wheels, Suspension and Chassis Discussions related to performance suspension, wheels, brakes and chassis.

17' s, oh ya!

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2003, 03:58 PM
I have a present for you...

17' s, oh ya!

Here is a pic of my 17 x 7 Revos and a peek at the adapters I had to make. ( 70'Z) The adapter bolts on the axle with new extra long studs and shortened lug nuts. The adapters have a protruding hub that fits the bore in the wheels perfectly and have press in studs. All 8 lugs seat in the precision machined counter bores and wheel. This was alot of carefull work but the results are a wheel that is mounted safely and runs dead true.
Old 12-06-2003, 07:16 PM

cost?

I have the advantage of working in a modern machine shop where I design and build machine tools. The 7075 T6 aluminum bar stock was like free. I worked on them when I had the time at lunch, after work, or even when no one was looking! I made some for the front too. They have a counterbore on the inside to fit the front hubs. I also made brake rotor adapters for the front in a similar design. I've seen "nice try" adapters for sale on ebay but I could make superior quality for the cost of the studs and lug nuts.
Old 12-07-2003, 11:27 AM

Shane, I don't want to step outside the guidelines of this site by soliciting business, so you should contact me by private message. I'm having fun just sharing my experiences with everyone. I think this site needs a "how to page" for a permanent reference library. Tom
Old 11-01-2004, 09:27 PM

wheel spacers

I knocked the cobwebs off this old post to show you new guys the spacers I made. They are 25 mm thick. The wheels are 17" x 7 Revos. They left about 1/2" clearance from the springs and fit under the fenders of my lowered Z. There was a guy selling them on ebay but he is gone.
I don't have time to make more. Check my post " from the ground-up" to see how they look on the ground.