ZDriver.com

ZDriver.com (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/)
-   Wanted (WTB / WTT) (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/wanted-wtb-wtt-70/)
-   -   Wanted to buy, L28E or L28ET engine, complete (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/wanted-wtb-wtt-70/wanted-buy-l28e-l28et-engine-complete-10572/)

rifleman502 10-10-2004 05:14 PM

Wanted to buy, L28E or L28ET engine, complete

i need a motor, i need it yesterday, all i require is that it runs and is ready to stuff into the bay... i dont have alot of money to spend so i know im not gonna get alot of serious replies but im hopeing

thanks
Zac

1982zxt 10-11-2004 04:58 AM

280 engine

you can't just "stuff" a turbo engine in a non turbo car

a ton of parts must be changed including the exhaust , ecu, oil coolers, wiring harness, air meter etc

if you have a limited budget you need one in your immediate area to avoid considerable shipping costs.

posts your address and see if you get lucky on a running non turbo.

i sold one last year for $300 to a local z owner

jim

rifleman502 10-11-2004 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by 1982zxt
you can't just "stuff" a turbo engine in a non turbo car

a ton of parts must be changed including the exhaust , ecu, oil coolers, wiring harness, air meter etc

if you have a limited budget you need one in your immediate area to avoid considerable shipping costs.

posts your address and see if you get lucky on a running non turbo.

i sold one last year for $300 to a local z owner

jim

im located in clarksville, TN i can drive up to 6 hours 1 way to get it tho

1982zxt 10-11-2004 08:38 AM

motor

Originally Posted by rifleman502
im located in clarksville, TN i can drive up to 6 hours 1 way to get it tho

i suggest you contact the nearest Z club in your area

ideally someone has a parts car with what you need or even better a member who has done a non turbo to turbo swap recently who now has a decent na engine sitting in their garage

in the big picture, repairing your na engine may be the cheapest route to go since you have to take the engine out anyway.

jim

Mike Smith 10-13-2004 07:01 PM

motor

Originally Posted by rifleman502
i need a motor, i need it yesterday, all i require is that it runs and is ready to stuff into the bay... i dont have alot of money to spend so i know im not gonna get alot of serious replies but im hopeing

thanks
Zac

did you find one?

rifleman502 10-15-2004 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Mike Smith
did you find one?

not yet...

Phyxius 10-18-2004 09:51 AM

I have a non-running turbo motor. Needs a rebuild and new injectors. I know you wanted a running motor....but i thought i'd post anyway. The motor is still in the car along with the busted auto tranny. I bought the car for the body, so parting with the engine will cause me no grief. I have no idea about the condition of the turbo, but the previous owner said it was okay.

I'm in starkville, ms which i believe is less than 6 hours from there if you come through jackson.

Z Car Barbie 10-31-2004 10:38 AM

DO NOT BUY FROM Mike Smith!!! He's a scammer ... which has been proven on 3ZC.com, one of the websites that I moderate. Just an FYI!