ZDriver.com

ZDriver.com (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/)
-   Vegas 350Z Club (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/vegas-350z-club-253/)
-   -   Introduce yourself (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/vegas-350z-club-253/introduce-yourself-15437/)

SinCity350Z 07-24-2006 02:30 PM

Welcome man! Do you have the same username on the other forums? About the shops, we have about as many good shops here as we do oceanfront property.

For oil though, that can probably be found at National Performance or American Racing Supply. Both are in the phone book.

ra2289 07-24-2006 02:56 PM

Yep, same name at all the forums. Thanks for the reply...I would think they're would be more shops, were do you get your car done?

rob209 07-24-2006 03:38 PM

^^ we go to So Cal for the most part... my car is at GT Motorsports right now, it's only a 3 hour drive to Rancho Cucamonga.

SinCity350Z 07-24-2006 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by ra2289
Yep, same name at all the forums. Thanks for the reply...I would think they're would be more shops, were do you get your car done?

I usually do my own stuff, but for anything that is out of my realm of expertise it goes to VRT in San Diego.

KENNYZ 07-24-2006 03:42 PM

Welcome ra2289, as far as shops, Mikes right, Vegas sucks when it comes to quality shops. All name brand syn oil is cheapest at Wal-Mart, unless your looking for Redline, Amsoil or something different. Instead of having a shop charging you too much. We usually have tech sessions set up once or twice a month.

ra2289 07-24-2006 04:12 PM

Hey thanks guys...That sucks for shops but Cali. isn't to far away.

350ZNV...you say you go to VRT? So do you have JWT TT? Or do you just like their tuning.

As for oil I am using Amsoil but might go to Mobil 1. I used to get my car's oil changed at Performance Nissan, it was cheap because I bought all my own stuff, and I didn't have the time to do it myself. Hopefully I can start doing it myself but now I just need to get the oil and filters. Right now I need brakes bad and don't know any shops in Cali. that I trust so the dealer is going to rape me on labor...pads I can do no prob. but can't resurface my rotors.

I will def. be in on the tech sessions if my schedule permits.

Do you guys do cruises much in NV?

SinCity350Z 07-24-2006 04:16 PM

Hey thanks guys...That sucks for shops but Cali. isn't to far away.

350ZNV...you say you go to VRT? So do you have JWT TT? Or do you just like their tuning.

As for oil I am using Amsoil but might go to Mobil 1. I used to get my car's oil changed at Performance Nissan, it was cheap because I bought all my own stuff, and I didn't have the time to do it myself. Hopefully I can start doing it myself but now I just need to get the oil and filters. Right now I need brakes bad and don't know any shops in Cali. that I trust so the dealer is going to rape me on labor...pads I can do no prob. but can't resurface my rotors.

I will def. be in on the tech sessions if my schedule permits.

Do you guys do cruises much in NV?

Yes, I have a JWT TT and built motor and they also did a Stillen Stage 3 on my G35.

Mobil 1 can be done at any Jiffy Lube if you trust there work. I haven't had any problems with the one on Village Center Circle next to Fabulous Freddy's in Summerlin.

I believe that any Checker Auto can re-surface your rotors as can any Just Brakes, Brake Team, or other brake shop. Don't know how their prices would compare to the dealers though.

ra2289 07-24-2006 04:46 PM

Hey 350ZNV can you PM me on your thoughts (pros and cons) about the JWT kit? I want to go TT in the near future and was stuck between APS or JWT. I also want to build my motor too, just to do it right the first time...

Was leaning toward JWT but know nothing about them. I hear a lot of good things about APS obviuosly but don't really here anything about JWT, except for one guy I was talking to...has a red TT Z...you prob. know him from VRT. I've also heard some bad things about VRT but it was mostly for only a couple of people who have had bad exp. with them.

No, I don't really trust Jiffy Lube or any places like that, you can thank shady Cali. mechanics for that.

I've have to check on the brake stuff though.

Thanks for the replys...I'm excited to move to LV, will be a nice change for me. What about cruises and other meets? Do you guys do them often.

SinCity350Z 07-24-2006 04:56 PM

We do cruises and meets every once in a while. We don't really have a set schedule for stuff like that. You are more than welcome to organize some meets and cruises!

PM sent...

ra2289 07-24-2006 05:47 PM

HAHA...with my luck no one would show...I have a hard enough time getting people to answer my threads, lol. Thanks for the PM!

clearsector 07-24-2006 07:21 PM

better late than never

What up yo.. just realized that I've been leeching you guys for info w/o introducing myself.

Don
up in north town (aliante area)
Originally from SoCal (818 area) and been in Vegas for about 3 years now.
Just got my Z last month, its an 06 SS touring w/volk GT-S's.. and lovin it.

I think I saw one of you at the blockbuster on Ann/Simmons. Lemans with GT-Vs and CF hood (Zrolimit?)

I don't really have any big plans for her this year (if anything.. maybe a mrev2/spacer) since all my play money is getting sucked into the wedding fund.

If finances stay solid I will probably will go the FI route after the wedding next year.

350znv - you were brought up by a coworker of mine named justin(flat4 subie crew?) assuming your name is Mike according to some of the posts. He was ranting on how you reached 500whp on your Z and how proud he was..lol :038: ..not sure if you guys are just acquaintances or actual friends

Just wanted to give thanks to the members that have helped me out so far.. appreciate it.. peace

Z35TH 07-24-2006 07:50 PM

Was leaning toward JWT but know nothing about them. I hear a lot of good things about APS obviuosly but don't really here anything about JWT, except for one guy I was talking to...has a red TT Z...you prob. know him from VRT. I've also heard some bad things about VRT but it was mostly for only a couple of people who have had bad exp. with them.

Hey ra2289,

I just recently had my JWT TT installed by VRT. To let you know about my personal opinions with both the kit and the installers... First of all, the JWT TT setup is nice. Love the way the car handles and responds. So far no issues since getting the car back. I recommend the kit. VRT has plenty of knowledge and experience with this kind of work. They were able to answer all of my answers and did a good job overall. The only complaint I would have was that the project took long than originally expected. But I have the "rev-up" motor which was the first one they had ever done an install on. So working out the kinks and getting it 100% tuned took a little long than expected. Also once my kit was installed, it was taken to JWT and personally tuned by Jim Wolf himself to ensure his kit. Hope that helps answers your questions a little bit better.

ra2289 07-24-2006 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by Z35TH
Hey ra2289,

I just recently had my JWT TT installed by VRT. To let you know about my personal opinions with both the kit and the installers... First of all, the JWT TT setup is nice. Love the way the car handles and responds. So far no issues since getting the car back. I recommend the kit. VRT has plenty of knowledge and experience with this kind of work. They were able to answer all of my answers and did a good job overall. The only complaint I would have was that the project took long than originally expected. But I have the "rev-up" motor which was the first one they had ever done an install on. So working out the kinks and getting it 100% tuned took a little long than expected. Also once my kit was installed, it was taken to JWT and personally tuned by Jim Wolf himself to ensure his kit. Hope that helps answers your questions a little bit better.

Every response helps...thanks Z35TH. What numbers (torque and HP) are put down out of the box once it is tuned and running.

Tobizach 07-25-2006 12:18 AM

Hi ra2289 welcome to the site. About the cruises LOL just too darn hot yet to plan any :D Ive have some ideas when it cools down alittle.

Z35TH 07-25-2006 12:37 AM

Every response helps...thanks Z35TH. What numbers (torque and HP) are put down out of the box once it is tuned and running.

No prob, anytime. It was dynoed at 371whp & 369 lb/ft torque at 6.5 psi. Wasn't looking to create any crazy numbers nor did I want to push the engine. It's not a rebuilt but eventually the boost will be raised whenever I take it back to VRT for a check up.

ra2289 07-25-2006 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by Tobizach
Hi ra2289 welcome to the site. About the cruises LOL just too darn hot yet to plan any :D Ive have some ideas when it cools down alittle.

Haha, thats one thing that I will have to get used to, and the thing that sucks is 1) everybody seems to be having a heat trend so coming back to Cali. hasn't been much of a relief and 2) because of my job I will be running around in the Vegas heat, which needless to say will suck. So I def. feel you on the cool down idea.

No prob, anytime. It was dynoed at 371whp & 369 lb/ft torque at 6.5 psi. Wasn't looking to create any crazy numbers nor did I want to push the engine. It's not a rebuilt but eventually the boost will be raised whenever I take it back to VRT for a check up.
Thats not bad at all, "I wasn't looking for crazy numbers" lol...thats crazy enough, but I know what you mean. 6.5 psi for some reason I was expecting at least 8 psi, 6.5 psi with those numbers to the wheels I think is good, that'll get the Z moving well enough.

Thanks again guys.

SinCity350Z 07-25-2006 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by clearsector
What up yo.. just realized that I've been leeching you guys for info w/o introducing myself.

Don
up in north town (aliante area)
Originally from SoCal (818 area) and been in Vegas for about 3 years now.
Just got my Z last month, its an 06 SS touring w/volk GT-S's.. and lovin it.

I think I saw one of you at the blockbuster on Ann/Simmons. Lemans with GT-Vs and CF hood (Zrolimit?)

I don't really have any big plans for her this year (if anything.. maybe a mrev2/spacer) since all my play money is getting sucked into the wedding fund.

If finances stay solid I will probably will go the FI route after the wedding next year.

350znv - you were brought up by a coworker of mine named justin(flat4 subie crew?) assuming your name is Mike according to some of the posts. He was ranting on how you reached 500whp on your Z and how proud he was..lol :038: ..not sure if you guys are just acquaintances or actual friends

Just wanted to give thanks to the members that have helped me out so far.. appreciate it.. peace

Hahaha, yeah Justin is a cool kid. We usually only hang out at events though. Next time you see him, tell him its 554whp lol... j/k. Congrats on the wedding by the way!

rob209 07-25-2006 09:48 AM

Justin, as in WREX? Tell him I said hey, too....

clearsector 07-25-2006 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by 350ZNV
Hahaha, yeah Justin is a cool kid. We usually only hang out at events though. Next time you see him, tell him its 554whp lol... j/k. Congrats on the wedding by the way!

554whp! holy shiite.. thats nuts! :armata_PDT_34:

Originally Posted by rob209
Justin, as in WREX? Tell him I said hey, too....

yep thats him.. will do

Miss_350ZNV 07-31-2006 07:33 AM

Hi Everyone!
So to give you some information about myself..My name is Kelli and I'm Mike's Ride or Die Bitch!:068: I just bought a 2006 350Z Daytona Blue, and I love it. Mike is jealous about my rev match downshifting on the 5AT. I don't have any photos of her yet but I will have some soon.

roneski 07-31-2006 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by Miss_350ZNV
Hi Everyone!
So to give you some information about myself..My name is Kelli and I'm Mike's Ride or Die Bitch!:068: I just bought a 2006 350Z Daytona Blue, and I love it. Mike is jealous about my rev match downshifting on the 5AT. I don't have any photos of her yet but I will have some soon.

Pics or ban! :048:

rob209 07-31-2006 10:20 AM

Hey Kelli! Good choice on the DB, it's what I wanted originally, but I was too impatient and bought the only base Z they had on the lot.
Give us more info on how this rev matching works....

ra2289 07-31-2006 11:48 PM

Hey Kelli, I would say welcome but I'm relatively new too, plus I don't know who anyone is so...But congrats on the new ride!!!

ikon 08-01-2006 11:00 AM

whats up people, new here. I have a white 350Z, My name is ivan i also ride sport bikes

SinCity350Z 08-01-2006 11:05 AM

Welcome Ivan!