ZDriver.com

ZDriver.com (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/)
-   Vegas 350Z Club (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/vegas-350z-club-253/)
-   -   I'm home (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/vegas-350z-club-253/im-home-22948/)

i8acobra 05-28-2007 06:41 PM

I'm home

I finally got out of the hospital last night. I took myself to the ER on thursday feeling tired, dizzy, and just generally crappy. I had spent all day wednesday in bed. My heart rate was down to 38 bpm. Apparently, one of my meds (a beta-blocker) was slowing my heart. After a few days, my heart rate came back up. One doc wanted to give me a pacemaker, but I got a second opinion and he didn't agree. I still feel a little woozy and don't have any appetite (I've lost 10 lbs. since wednesday), but hopefully I'll feel fine in a day or two. I'm supposed to fly to Boston on saturday, so I hope I feel OK by then.

Anyone here ever been on Prozac or Fluoxotine? Doc had me on 20mg and I think it may be why I feel woozy and have no appetite. I stopped taking it yesterday to see if I feel better. Just curious if anyone else has ever been on this. Is the loss of appetite and feeling like I'm standing on a boat normal? I started on it a week ago thursday. My roommate said he used to take 10mg and commented that he thought my doseage may be too high. Either way, gotta go see my GP and heart doc sometime this week.

SinCity350Z 05-28-2007 08:44 PM

Holy crap. Glad you are ok, well mostly ok.

terrasmak 05-28-2007 09:44 PM

Get well man , hope to see you out again soon

istan 05-28-2007 09:53 PM

Feel better Aaron.

ViViD 05-28-2007 10:42 PM

Damn bro....I had no idea.....hope you feel better.....feel free to give me a call bro if you need any help or anything. Feel better bro, later.

Fast240Z 05-29-2007 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by i8acobra
I finally got out of the hospital last night. I took myself to the ER on thursday feeling tired, dizzy, and just generally crappy. I had spent all day wednesday in bed. My heart rate was down to 38 bpm. Apparently, one of my meds (a beta-blocker) was slowing my heart. After a few days, my heart rate came back up. One doc wanted to give me a pacemaker, but I got a second opinion and he didn't agree. I still feel a little woozy and don't have any appetite (I've lost 10 lbs. since wednesday), but hopefully I'll feel fine in a day or two. I'm supposed to fly to Boston on saturday, so I hope I feel OK by then.

Anyone here ever been on Prozac or Fluoxotine? Doc had me on 20mg and I think it may be why I feel woozy and have no appetite. I stopped taking it yesterday to see if I feel better. Just curious if anyone else has ever been on this. Is the loss of appetite and feeling like I'm standing on a boat normal? I started on it a week ago thursday. My roommate said he used to take 10mg and commented that he thought my doseage may be too high. Either way, gotta go see my GP and heart doc sometime this week.

My girlfriend is on 30mg of Prozac/Fluoxotine (clinical genetic depression) and she's fine when she takes it. Because it messes with your brain chemistry, I would imagine side effects such as wooziness would be normal.

showtypeZ 05-29-2007 02:08 AM

Damn Aaron, I also had no idea...Hopefully all is well for your trip to Boston! See ya soon!

Stealth 05-29-2007 04:53 AM

Get well soon.

Nforce1 05-29-2007 11:30 PM

Glad to see your doing a bit better and made it home!

istan 05-29-2007 11:36 PM

Will burning race fuel make you feel better?

ra2289 05-30-2007 12:38 PM

Glad you're all right!

i8acobra 05-30-2007 05:00 PM

Thanks.
Got another doc appointment tomorrow.