ZDriver.com

ZDriver.com (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/)
-   Vegas 350Z Club (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/vegas-350z-club-253/)
-   -   APS turbo (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/vegas-350z-club-253/aps-turbo-12769/)

rob209 04-28-2005 10:47 PM

APS turbo

I am very close to getting in on the APS turbo group buy. Someone stop me!!!What class would that put me in in autox?

I'm gonna do it....

Well, not right now, stupid site's been down all day.

:mad: :mad:

Maybe tomorrow.

roneski 04-28-2005 11:01 PM

What's the group buy price? Where were you going to get it installed? Why do you guys keep planting bank account draining ideas in my head?

SinCity350Z 04-29-2005 07:49 AM

You a hole! That would put you in Street Modified 2 for autoX. Basically it is a class with street legal cars and no limitations on mods. SM2 is for 2 seater cars, SM1 is for everybody else. The only guy that I have seen run in SM2 is a black/yellow 90s Corvette. Its fast, but I haven't seen him yet this season. Check the points on LVRSCCA.org and see who, if anybody, is running that class.

rob209 04-29-2005 08:11 AM

The price is around 5200 I believe. 350zmotoring.com has the thread going in the forced induction forum (when their freakin site is working), and if they get 25 to do it APS will throw in a plenum at no extra cost.
The turbo will cost around 5800 otherwise, and the plenum I'd guess around 500. Install is expected to be another 1k or so. It's a great deal. With engine buildup, you can get well over 400 whp from this setup. I'd probably go to the LA area to get installed - there are a couple of APS authorized shops out there.

vegas_speedster 04-29-2005 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by 350ZNV
You a hole! That would put you in Street Modified 2 for autoX. Basically it is a class with street legal cars and no limitations on mods. SM2 is for 2 seater cars, SM1 is for everybody else. The only guy that I have seen run in SM2 is a black/yellow 90s Corvette. Its fast, but I haven't seen him yet this season. Check the points on LVRSCCA.org and see who, if anybody, is running that class.

I've seen that guy in the yellow vette. He is fast in whatever he drives, it's not the car :)

zztopp 04-29-2005 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by rob209
The price is around 5200 I believe. 350zmotoring.com has the thread going in the forced induction forum (when their freakin site is working), and if they get 25 to do it APS will throw in a plenum at no extra cost.
The turbo will cost around 5800 otherwise, and the plenum I'd guess around 500. Install is expected to be another 1k or so. It's a great deal. With engine buildup, you can get well over 400 whp from this setup. I'd probably go to the LA area to get installed - there are a couple of APS authorized shops out there.

I'm taking mine down to Dyno-Comp in Scottsdale for an APS TT install next week. I'll let you now how well they do.....it's about the same distance as LA (300 miles) and they have a killer load bearing dyno. Peter at APS recommended these guys.