Upstate Z Club The Upstate Z Club is located in the Upstate of South Carolina and has members in Greenville, Spartanburg, and Anderson, SC.

September events

Old 08-27-2009, 05:14 AM

September events

Hey everyone that actually looks at this ... dont miss September's events... we are having a mountain cruise and ending up at The Liberty Bell resturant September the 12th and the Znationls will be at Z1 on the weekend of the 25th http://www.znationals.com/
it will be fun
Old 08-27-2009, 09:40 PM

Cool Hey Bill!

Originally Posted by PowerhungryBill
Hey everyone that actually looks at this ... dont miss September's events... we are having a mountain cruise and ending up at The Liberty Bell resturant September the 12th and the Znationls will be at Z1 on the weekend of the 25th http://www.znationals.com/
it will be fun
September Always seems to be a very good month (now that I don't have to worry 'bout going back to school anymore)

I hear that Z1 thingy down in georgia is gonna be extra good this year.

but Y'all dont spend all yore money fore spring time? and go kinda light on Santa so you kin afford to go to the Big Wing Ding they gonna try to pull off in Middle Tennessee 2010. My friends there are real smart and work really hard to put on a good party! and, talkin bout purdy girls, ..Just ask my friend Settler bout that Jolene .
Old 08-29-2009, 06:35 PM

you not getting in on the some of the fun???
Old 08-30-2009, 08:45 AM

Cool Fun? I like FUN!

FUN is always chasein me round!

Hey ZDOC, Likefor yesterday... member when I hahad the problem wid my fairlady? Figured it all out yesterday! had to go to Walt's house and Charlynn helped me diagram teh wires. She's smart. I had to take pics of Walt's engne. Boy is it purty. He keeps it so clean. keeps it inside his house!

Well, yesterday I wuz puttin new wires on my Blue Z (i.e., better old wires that is , cause I like to rotate things, ....new wires goin on the Fairlady!) Turns out, the firing order was always correct in the Fairlady. In the mad rush to get it runnin to Nashville trip, I stole the relatively new wires off the old 240Z I bought from thomas back in 1963. I had transplanted the wires and dist cap together and they was oriented 180 degrees out! END OF SAGA! Got it all straight now.

BTW, did I thank you enough for yore help gittin that old car resuurected there back in April???
Old 08-31-2009, 06:09 PM

180 degrees out?

Your way too old to be working in that kinda heat. Kick back watch some TV and enjoy a beef biskit or something.
Old 09-02-2009, 04:01 PM

Cool Something or Some thing, or sommers thing?

Originally Posted by slalomskz
Your way too old to be working in that kinda heat. Kick back watch some TV and enjoy a beef biskit or something.
Why You keep bringing that "thing" up? I wanna know "What's Dead?" I dont know what yall been talking 'bout? I think ya'll tryin to trick me cause I aint been goin to the meetins regular.

Next time you go to the meetings, kin you kinda look around an tell me what's not there?! The only clue I can hep you wid is they say it was dead ...and it must of been real heavy!

One day soon whenever i'm in greenville, I'm gonna call you bout goin to get one of them split link hot spicy sausage brisketts at BoJangles. you still work at GE? you gonna move to the new place?

Let's do all we can to keep this site Alive! it aint daed ...and dont let it get to heavy either!

Last edited by EZ350Z; 09-02-2009 at 07:21 PM.
Old 09-03-2009, 03:04 AM

Lone Wolf

No club, no frustration, no hassles, no drama ect. Met many fine people but as was written somewhere "one rotten apple...". Have no idea what goes on there and could care less. Michael, myself and others (who would rather remain nameless) have made our own trips to Lake Lure, the BBQ Festival in Tryon, Hendersonville, Tiki Club at Lake Keowee, and have other trips coming up. The t-tops come out, the exhaust roars, the walkie talkies still crackel, the laughs come easily, ZDAYZ (as well as any other Z function) welcomes us, and the good times/memories roll. Enjoying Z's and others who feel the same should be ENJOYABLE and stress free. Now about that beef biskit as well as the tree frog...also I believe you were the cause of our breakfast place in Robbinsville locking it's doors forever.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:43 PM

Red face Now THAT's Heavy!

Originally Posted by slalomskz
No club, no frustration, no hassles, no drama ect. Met many fine people but as was written somewhere "one rotten apple...". Have no idea what goes on there and could care less. Michael, myself and others (who would rather remain nameless) have made our own trips to Lake Lure, the BBQ Festival in Tryon, Hendersonville, Tiki Club at Lake Keowee, and have other trips coming up. The t-tops come out, the exhaust roars, the walkie talkies still crackel, the laughs come easily, ZDAYZ (as well as any other Z function) welcomes us, and the good times/memories roll. Enjoying Z's and others who feel the same should be ENJOYABLE and stress free. Now about that beef biskit as well as the tree frog...also I believe you were the cause of our breakfast place in Robbinsville locking it's doors forever.
Me too neither!

Good News for you, You kin go back now. I ain't there no more! Why i musta went away afore you did. ...maybe they's got rid o' more "dead weight" then I ever imagined! I'm shore sorry ole Nameless didn't like to invite me to their mountain trip neither! I believe'd we wuz friends. an I believe'd you wuz a good historian.

I apologize for that whole tree frog incident ...it got a little out of hand!

But I ain't gonna apologize for the beef "brisket" thang ...Now, that was just plain FUNNY! if'n I wuz a "blamin" sorta guy, I'd blame that on them hungry motor cycle dudes! They git the credit for a great memory!

Now write this down! ...and I quote: "I would not belong to any club that would have me as a member" Never mind, I believe that's already been written down afore somewhere, too! Now that's a good one to ponder. That should be wrote down again. Oh, never mind agin, I JUST DID IT

Now here's somethin else what I believe. If I had the power to shut down a eatin joint wid jest one visit, I got my work cut out for the future. ...and communication is the main thing. It don't sound like you wanna have a saugage biscuit wid me ever again. and thats OK. If'n you just havin a bad day, and you wanna be my friend, you call me sommer time and if'n you don't, that's OK too
Old 09-27-2009, 01:03 PM

Cool Z Nationals!!!

A report from Carrolton GA 'bout my coming of age. I never been to ZNationals afore. I had heard thru the years lots of stories but, on Zdoc's advice, I decided to go and check it out! I learned a LOT! ...bout Cars, friends, parts and stuff, horsepower, and girl models and most of all bout just plain ole having fun! Oh yea, I learned alot bout Beef Brisket, too.

They had a professional beef brisket cooker there and the told me every thin ther is to no bout beef brisket and how to cook it good! it's the best when BBQ'd.

Fisrt it's the cut of meat that comes from the Cow's necK! After the cow is Dressed and totally Neckid, they remove the Neck Muscle! Then they prepare it with sauces and other stuff. I did not know any of this stuff befor yestrday!

Then they slo cook it over wood fire and keep it covered with tin foil to make it more juicy and tender. when it is right, they scratch it off the surface with a fork and you put more BBQ sauce on it (as desired). Now Mr. Wilson, sr. (aka ZDOC's daddy - where all them Wilson boys git their intelegents to understand Z stuff) offerred to take a picture of some of it so we can share this information with staright axle guy, otehrwise known as cuZ or EZDUZIT. Now that's all we kneed to know bout beef brisket from now on... till next year.

Kudo's to Russ, his good friend Cole, Chuck, Fredrico ... and the whole gang -everyone ...the list goes on and ...all the Fun Lovin folks that it took to pull off such an enjoyable event. the planning and attention to detail was unbelievable! the term Z1 MOTORSPORTS has taken on new meaning for me
Attached Thumbnails September events-brisket.jpg  

Last edited by EZ350Z; 09-27-2009 at 01:44 PM. Reason: add picture