Upstate Z Club The Upstate Z Club is located in the Upstate of South Carolina and has members in Greenville, Spartanburg, and Anderson, SC.

Best Dealership SHOP in the area??

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 08:44 AM

Best Dealership SHOP in the area??

Ok, so i found out there is a recall on my 07 350Z.
It's a free fix but the trans needs to be removed and alot of stuff has to be messed with to fix the problem. (slave cylinder)

I WILL NOT take my car to CROWN NISSAN!!!!

So what dealership has the best shop? Greer? Easley? Spartanburg? Any suggestios would be of great help. I just want to make sure the job is done right the first time and my car is in good hands.

Thanks Guy's & Gal's

Kevin
Old 01-15-2008, 11:44 AM
East Coast Style

I'm not of fan of Spartanburg's (Benson Nissan) Sales. However the service has always taken care of me. I would also check out the New Greer Nissan. Once you start dealing with a dealer stay with them and build a relationship with your service advisor. It will help you in the long run.
Old 01-15-2008, 09:02 PM

Ok thanks for the info. I bought in greenwood but i don't want to drive that far for service.
I'm kinda weary of Greer cause it's soooo new.

Did the Spartanburg dealer just get a new shop? I think i remember someone saying the old one burnt to the ground.

Anyone else have any suggestions??//?
Old 01-16-2008, 03:28 AM

Not really sure Kevin. Only work I've had done was in Anderson SC at Upstate Nissan. Decent service but a little far. Not sure where I'll take mine......
Old 01-17-2008, 07:11 AM

Hey JMARK:

Did you call NNA or did you get a letter from them about the recall???

Kevin
Old 01-17-2008, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by 6894kevin
Hey JMARK:

Did you call NNA or did you get a letter from them about the recall???

Kevin
Neither yet. Just read about it on my350z.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:44 AM

I just got a letter from NNA today (1/17) so yours should be coming soon. I am thinking about Greer Nissan. I just hope a new dealership is the way to go
Any idea where you might take yours.

Kevin
Old 01-17-2008, 11:39 AM

YEA!!!!!!!! You RICH guys and your toys!!!!!! Us poor folks dont have to worry about it!!!! lol
Old 01-17-2008, 06:45 PM
Upstate Z Moderator

When the 350Z first came out, the owner of Upstate Nissan in Anderson came to one of our meetings to talk about it. Shortly after that, we met there for a brief "car show" before we went off on one of our ride and drives...

I think Thomas has a relationship with them. They are one of the more UZC-friendly shops in the area... I'd probably go there or Greer.
Old 01-18-2008, 03:52 AM

Upstate Nissan is where I bought my 350Z & Rich is great to deal with. I have known him since HS. The shop is OK. Just not real close.
Old 01-19-2008, 10:39 PM

I know we should be careful what we say, especially when it can not be retracted. But, this is the truth.;
I had a problem with Upstate. After about a dozen calls and messages left for "the owner" to call me back, I gave up. He apparently did not want to even apologize for the "customer no service".
Old 01-20-2008, 04:20 PM

Any info is good info to me!!

O and if it makes ya feel better CROWN NISSAN SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A$$

Cheers

Kevin
Old 01-20-2008, 05:18 PM

Crown Nissan

Took my 87 300ZX there this past spring and had the recall done that replaced the complete fuel injection system. Fuel lines, filter, regulator, injectors, rails ect. Checked vehicle for exactly what they needed vs what they had in stock, ordered what they needed, called me and set up appointment, dropped car off when they opened, picked it up at 6. They were great and the little Z ran and runs great. 100% warranty work on a 21 year old car and they couldn't have been nicer. What's everybody's problem?
Old 01-21-2008, 04:44 AM

Got my letter Friday. Probably wait till spring to get it done.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by slalomskz
Took my 87 300ZX there this past spring and had the recall done that replaced the complete fuel injection system. Fuel lines, filter, regulator, injectors, rails ect. Checked vehicle for exactly what they needed vs what they had in stock, ordered what they needed, called me and set up appointment, dropped car off when they opened, picked it up at 6. They were great and the little Z ran and runs great. 100% warranty work on a 21 year old car and they couldn't have been nicer. What's everybody's problem?
If your talking aout Crown Nissan then i feel your a luckey man.
I have my reasons (For one; a salesman almost fought me in the showroom floor after i caught him in a huge lie)

I got no use for liers or thieves and that's why i will Never go to Crown Nissan, I have put better people in jail then those who run that place!

Cheers

Kevin

P.S. (JMARK) you first buddy!!!! LOL
Old 01-22-2008, 12:32 PM

I have my reasons (For one; a salesman almost fought me in the showroom floor after i caught him in a huge lie)

I got no use for liers or thieves and that's why i will Never go to Crown Nissan, I have put better people in jail then those who run that place!

Cheers

Kevin

LOL
Old 01-24-2008, 09:06 AM

Cheers

Kevin

fwd burnout ftl!

Crown was full of crooks when i went there. Test drove a base 03 z with 49k miles on the clock and they wanted like 24k for it. This was over 2 yrs ago. # months later i ended up in a 03 touring with 17k on the clock for 25k.

Met the owner of the nissan in anderson the other day. Nice guy, drives an 08 radiant silver GT coupe. He said he was open to having meets there and seemed fairly friendly.

My gripe, is for the benson and anderson nissan service departments. Neither one is competent (or just wanted to avoid warranty work) enough to find my 5th gear grind. Now with just over 64k on the clock, 2nd, 3rd and 5th are all prone to grinding. Reverse is hard to get into sometimes.

If you goto the anderson nissan, try to talk to Keith, he seems like hes willing to help and makes it less of a you vs nissan ordeal when it comes to warranty work.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:54 AM

Anderson is a bit far for me but, thanks for the info man.

I did just get back from Nissan In Greer, and to my suprise it was by far the best dealership experience i have had in awhile.

Spoke to the Service Mgr. and he said one of his tech's has 18 years worth of experence. I didn't get to meet the guy cause he's in some kind of training class for the new GTR. They have already sold one to some guy in Greenville from what he was telling me.

Anyway i want to meet the tech first and speak to him B4 i decide to let them do anything. The Service Mgr said he would get back with me about how long it's going to take and when they can have the part (if they don't already)

If the guy is getting trained to work on the GTR then i just might let him touch my Z

Cheers

Kevin
Old 01-24-2008, 12:12 PM

Anderson is a bit far for me but, thanks for the info man.

I did just get back from Nissan In Greer, and to my suprise it was by far the best dealership experience i have had in awhile.

Spoke to the Service Mgr. and he said one of his tech's has 18 years worth of experence. I didn't get to meet the guy cause he's in some kind of training class for the new GTR. They have already sold one to some guy in Greenville from what he was telling me.

Anyway i want to meet the tech first and speak to him B4 i decide to let them do anything. The Service Mgr said he would get back with me about how long it's going to take and when they can have the part (if they don't already)

If the guy is getting trained to work on the GTR then i just might let him touch my Z

Cheers

Kevin
Good info Kevin. Keep me in the loop. Greer would def be easy for me since I live there! Sounds like you are as **** about your Z as I am. Nothing wrong with that! All my new car business is def thru Upstate Nissan in Anderson since I went to HS with the owner. He is great to deal with. Cuxtopher I think this is the guy you met. In fact I helped a friend get a very good deal on a GTR at my friends Anderson dealership. Got my Nismo Z at a smoking deal too. Service has been OK but it is just not easy to get the car serviced driving an 1 hour each way.

Last edited by jmark; 01-24-2008 at 12:14 PM.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:28 PM

I'll let ya know what happens!

As for being ****, YES I AM.... LOL

But the Service manager was cool with me, so now it's all about if i trust the Tech or not. Who knows i might even let the dealership do an oil change!!
Old 01-24-2008, 12:33 PM

I'll let ya know what happens!

As for being ****, YES I AM.... LOL

But the Service manager was cool with me, so now it's all about if i trust the Tech or not. Who knows i might even let the dealership do an oil change!!
Let's not get crazy now!
Old 01-25-2008, 09:06 AM

Got a call from the service Mgr. this morning and he told me that the parts are in house, but it's not just one part it's three!

He confirmed the trans and exhaust has to be removed and, it wil lbe an all day job. He tried to set up an appt but i told him i wanted to meet the tech first, and then make a decission. His name is Dwaine and is suppose to be the top dog at NIssan of Greer. I'l let you guy's know how it all works out but i'm leaning toward greer as of right now.

Easley still hasn't called me back and they didn't make me feel like they wanted the work so i guess i'm not going there.

Cheers

Kevin
Old 01-29-2008, 03:48 AM

Kevin let me know how it goes. I'll probably follow your lead.
Old 01-30-2008, 07:31 PM

One Good Thing About Your Warrantee Running Out. ...freedom! You Dont Have To Worry Bout All This. It's Then A No Brainer.
Best Nissan Service In The Southeast. Zdoc! How 'bout That Tbk1
Old 02-06-2008, 04:09 AM

Ditto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Best Dealership SHOP in the area??