ZDriver.com

ZDriver.com (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/)
-   Upstate Z Club (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/upstate-z-club-251/)
-   -   350viper? (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/upstate-z-club-251/350viper-29521/)

rb250zx 10-04-2009 10:56 AM

350viper?

Ok soo my buddy just bought a 1995 rx7 with a ls1/6speed in it and I was suprized with this car honestly out on the Autobahn I had it up to 186 mph But the car only has 320 hp it seemed to get up to speed really quickly, now Im coming back state side here In december and Im gonna be starting a new project I found me a 2005 350z with 175000 miles on it for a wooping 9000 USD its in the states, Im just wanting to know from you guys with the 350 How much Engine bay do they have, we all have seen a v8 in a 300zx but I might have found a 2005 dodge viper engine /Transmission for a good deal and I might be thinking about getting Crazy with this build! 600hp out the tap 6 speed Tranny, Anyone think this could Fit HEHE! I mean with out having to altor the Apearance of the car. Im Just thinking Crazy I have been saving up for a new build and the PossAbilitys are killin me!!!

BTW it took my buddy 2 days to wrap the rx7 into a tree! I guess thats what happens when you go from driving a 92 honda to a 320hp rear wheel drive car....

skib 10-04-2009 02:25 PM

its just a matter of the time/skill/money you have, itl fit, but with how much modification is the question.

the best way to start is get measurements of the motor and the 350z engine bay.

hoov100 10-04-2009 04:05 PM

v8 is about the best fit i have seen in a 350z, as with the v10 you would have to serious mod the firewall and workout the radiator/e-fan.

KasbeKZ 10-04-2009 04:28 PM

i think you'd be much better suited to just get a vette motor and hop it up a bit. they can be modded to put out 600 almost effortlessly. and you'd have fewer worries about the fit because it's been done a ton. those ls engines generally take up barely more space than v-6's from what i hear.

rb250zx 10-05-2009 08:31 AM

no way LS=P

Ive been driving this rx7 all weekend now because im fixing it HAha and I can tell you this LS1 is not what im looking for, Plus If everyone has done it THats not what im looking for, I need some wowO! factor in my next build Im tryin to get stupid, Viper engine is Pretty Big I need to get the length of this, But Its been a while scence Ive stood next to a 350z they arnt popular over here I dont want to have to altor the Apperance of the car at all.

But there is too many Options... I want stupid HP Somthing thats almost stupid to drive around That I can keep in the garage and take to a track or event or 2 a couple times a year.

KasbeKZ 10-05-2009 08:35 AM

that ls1 isn't what you're looking for because it's stock. like i said, upgrade one. that's just what i'd do. but it seems like you've got plans that focus more on doing something crazy than making a good car, so i don't really have any opinions on that matter.

duowing 10-05-2009 09:10 AM

In most of the magazine comparisons I've read, usually that Viper V10 has come out not doing much more than the motor in the Vette. GM seems to know what they're doing when it comes to building their V8s for power.

KasbeKZ 10-05-2009 11:24 AM

yeah, ls's are pretty much mother f-in beast. over 1000 n/a hp reported, 2000 FI, pretty f-ing beast. and they're small and light. barely weigh more or take up more space than a vg from what i hear. i've never seen measurements though so i may be off.

rb250zx 10-05-2009 11:30 PM

hm

I found an ls9 straight from gm but motor only for 23kthats insaine, Bran new but insaine! heh I dont know Im looking 2 do about 16-18 in motor and tranz I want a 6speed tanz the motor must be turbo when all said and done Im Just a turbo feind! turbos are like crack you know they just gonna cost you money but the Get you right were you need to be quickly! any whoo soo 6speed Monster boost and over all monster power I really want atleast 800hp on tap.

when I get back to germany I want a monster that will take the auto bahn to school, The Rb engine is a great motor I have enjoyed it the whole time it does great on the track great on the autobahn, But I want something stupid Hehe and I want a newer car feel I love my 280zx rb25det monster but I need an up grade! If I spend 8k on motor and trans for an ls7 that will leave me about 9 and some change to rebuild drop compression and Strap a monster turbo on to it... I suppose its not a bad Idea but 1 I fly back the 4th of december And I cant wait to start a new build.

Does Zdayz still go on? Last one I went to was in 2005?