ZDriver.com

ZDriver.com (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/)
-   Site Feedback and Suggestions (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/site-feedback-suggestions-226/)
-   -   Zchat - Online Users Notification (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/site-feedback-suggestions-226/zchat-online-users-notification-20039/)

Z Car Barbie 09-16-2006 07:00 PM

Zchat - Online Users Notification

There was a website I use to frequent (can't remember which one now), but on the main page, there was a box up top that showed who was currently using the chat room.

I think this would be awesome for us to have, if at all possible, seeing how we have to post in a thread to get people to go in there, and 98% of the time we miss the chat convo. :(

CraigS 09-16-2006 07:02 PM

I to have seen this on other sites and think it would work great with getting people into the chat.

SHADY280 09-16-2006 09:40 PM

i agree, it makes peolpe less shy to stop in

entropy31 09-17-2006 03:46 AM

good idea. and sounds in the chat would be great too, so i can leave it in the backgrond and have it alert me when someone joins. i'll forget i have it in the background, and when i remember, i see people came in, tried to talk, and left.

my86z 09-17-2006 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by entropy31
good idea. and sounds in the chat would be great too, so i can leave it in the backgrond and have it alert me when someone joins. i'll forget i have it in the background, and when i remember, i see people came in, tried to talk, and left.

I've been guilty of this a couple times myself.

CanyonCarver 09-17-2006 06:58 AM

I don't know how to chat. My wife gets mad when I start talking to the computer.

Steven280ZX 09-17-2006 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by CanyonCarver
I don't know how the chat. My wife gets mad when I start talking to the computer.

:037: :037: :037:

SHADY280 09-17-2006 05:33 PM

get a wireless router and then you can sit on the couch, watch t.v, and sit with the wife. im working on getting myself the router. entropy says home depot sells belkin ones for 35 bucks, well worth the investment.

jfairladyz 09-17-2006 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by SHADY280
get a wireless router and then you can sit on the couch, watch t.v, and sit with the wife. im working on getting myself the router. entropy says home depot sells belkin ones for 35 bucks, well worth the investment.

I picked up a wireless router not too long ago from Walmart. I dont remember what I payed for it but it hasn't given me any problems yet no matter where I am in the house. definitely worth the investment.

Riz Z Speed 09-17-2006 11:49 PM

FAWK WIRELESS ROUTERS!!

i've gone thru 4, all from different manufacturers. All had the same problem, all of 'em only worked for a set time before they started to automatically reset themselves over and over again.
Got a cheap wired router and set it once and haven't had a problem since.

oh, and the chat room thing would be a good idea. Definite Incentive to join in.
Slvrhand, make it happen buddy.

apollo 09-18-2006 12:23 AM

You already can see who is chat guys, just go to who's online in the members option up top

silvrhand 09-18-2006 09:07 AM

ok, I'm in the new house, and getting things done but my time is just really limited right now.

7a.m - 8pm at work then coming home and trying to spend an hour with the wife before I start unboxing, go to bed at midnight to try to get at least 5 hours of sleep..

ugh I can get though this hehe.. Sometimes life just sucks, I need to win the lottery.

Riz Z Speed 09-18-2006 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by silvrhand
I need to win the lottery.

We all do buddy, we all do.:111:

GTR 05-05-2010 08:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
another idea is like a site i frequent a lot has a chatbox on the bottom of the main forum page...it used to be on top and got used frequently....here's a pic