ZDriver.com

ZDriver.com (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/)
-   Site Feedback and Suggestions (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/site-feedback-suggestions-226/)
-   -   Subscription: Premium Membership (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/site-feedback-suggestions-226/subscription-premium-membership-18383/)

silvrhand 05-12-2006 03:38 PM

Subscription: Premium Membership

Well,

I'm gonna start a premium membership, I'm working on some stuff now but I can't make any promises right now. The money will be used to get shirts/mugs/work done on the site and pay the bills. Please support the site, I've made a lot of changes and more are to come but this will help me get some things off the ground that you guys have wanted.

WARNING: This does not mean the entire site will be pay only, this is mainly to *support* the site, you get a little something and I get a little something to add more fuctionality and ability to grow the site more

https://www.zdriver.com/forums/payments.php

Ideas:

- Free shirt / sticker / hats (when they are ready)
- Access to custom titles/animated avatars.
- Upgraded Gallery limits.

nismo619 05-12-2006 04:15 PM

memeber ship to what ? zdriver.com ? or a car club that will let in 240z 260z 280z 280zx and turbo ? not like that one 350z club that wouldnt let in no body except 350z ....

SHADY280 05-12-2006 04:47 PM

ill support if its worth it. i like the t's thing for joining

Skully 05-12-2006 05:09 PM

you got my support...i want a TOQUE that says zdriver.com!!! black toque with red z and white driver.com AWSOME, its 8 months winter here i mean t-shirt only goes so far hahaha!
nismo...the site isnt free...and so far the guys that run it payed from their own money...and it would be nice if we could help :)

jaffi 05-12-2006 05:16 PM

Yeah, there has to be a return on our membership, though. I don't mean to be a jerk, but you can't pay money for something unless there is a return on what you pay for. I like the idea, but even though this is the best (though, not the most popular) Z site on the web, there needs to be more organization. That is the problem with a lot of club-type memberships. The organization is a little... Well, unorganized. If you are, indeed, pushing forward with this idea. I think it would be in everybody's best interest to form a group of leaders, then use that power to form alliances with manufacturers and dealers to offer discounts for membership. Yes, it is very union-like. But, it gets things done (power in numbers). Plus, that gives more incentive for Z owners, like myself, to pay a premium for the services provided (and it gives more incentive for others to join the "standard" club). Sure, T-shirts and hats are great. But, a 10% discount on repairs or parts are better. Plus, most shops and dealers out there would love to have the support of a large group of people that belong to a club that recommends a certain body of business. Give it a thought. Personally, I think you are thinking big, but offering small. If you need funds, then offer a donation service. I do like the idea, but I think it needs more ironing out and brainstorming. Most importantly, it needs a majority vote by the Zdriver members. When that happens, then you know that you have the support of the majority, and that they will do the leg work necessary to get things rollong (easpecially if they have local clubs that are devoted and persistant). I think an online poll is in order. Then, try to form local divisions with a leadership and funding structure. Then, figure out a funding process. Meets at local tracks with advertisement and promotion. Pens and trinkets with the logo and contact info. Etc, etc, etc. It is a lot more involved and detailed than what you are talking about. But, it can be done! Just have a process and a detailed outline and structure. Good luck and best of wishes. Jaffi

silvrhand 05-12-2006 05:59 PM

I totally agree,

But I have to start somewhere and this is where I'm starting, I don't want to make promises that I can't keep but there are bigger ideas on the table. For now though a t-shirt and a sticker for your $20 gives you something, and help support the site.

Right now my main concern is to build the site and make it work bug free. Build it and they will come, the organization is coming soon.

Originally Posted by jaffi
Yeah, there has to be a return on our membership, though. I don't mean to be a jerk, but you can't pay money for something unless there is a return on what you pay for. I like the idea, but even though this is the best (though, not the most popular) Z site on the web, there needs to be more organization. That is the problem with a lot of club-type memberships. The organization is a little... Well, unorganized. If you are, indeed, pushing forward with this idea. I think it would be in everybody's best interest to form a group of leaders, then use that power to form alliances with manufacturers and dealers to offer discounts for membership. Yes, it is very union-like. But, it gets things done (power in numbers). Plus, that gives more incentive for Z owners, like myself, to pay a premium for the services provided (and it gives more incentive for others to join the "standard" club). Sure, T-shirts and hats are great. But, a 10% discount on repairs or parts are better. Plus, most shops and dealers out there would love to have the support of a large group of people that belong to a club that recommends a certain body of business. Give it a thought. Personally, I think you are thinking big, but offering small. If you need funds, then offer a donation service. I do like the idea, but I think it needs more ironing out and brainstorming. Most importantly, it needs a majority vote by the Zdriver members. When that happens, then you know that you have the support of the majority, and that they will do the leg work necessary to get things rollong (easpecially if they have local clubs that are devoted and persistant). I think an online poll is in order. Then, try to form local divisions with a leadership and funding structure. Then, figure out a funding process. Meets at local tracks with advertisement and promotion. Pens and trinkets with the logo and contact info. Etc, etc, etc. It is a lot more involved and detailed than what you are talking about. But, it can be done! Just have a process and a detailed outline and structure. Good luck and best of wishes. Jaffi

Skully 05-12-2006 06:03 PM

from my point of view, this site has been alot of help and i met alot of great people, and it has even brought me an opportunity to meet some of them in person in the near future. I have been here since 2002 and 20 dollars a year for me to keep this site going is not even an issue. I thank you guys for making a great effort to keep this site alive.

icice9 05-12-2006 06:24 PM

maybe if we get enough memebers to contribute.... Kyle will have enough funds to throw another "Z's By The Bay" event again...

entropy31 05-12-2006 06:29 PM

jaffi, you bring up some good points. although those are great ideas, i think the site needs to become a bit more established before we could, and indeed should, implement most of them.

silvr: i've never been a big fan of sites that charge for premium membership, but i think it would work ok here, as long as there was something in return. sounds like you have some good plans for the future of this site, and with 300zxc still MIA, i bet we see the traffic improve here. i think one of the most important things to consider as the site expands is that we dont want this place to turn into another tt.net or 300zxc (ie: full of assholes).

jfairladyz 05-12-2006 07:37 PM

Do we get "premium member" status? Like under our screenname? And premium members should get an exclusive forum so we can trash talk on all the non-premium members :D

CanyonCarver 05-12-2006 07:39 PM

I think at this point in time...... you'll kill the site. build up a bigger user base first. I'll support it.

silvrhand 05-12-2006 07:52 PM

Kyle is pretty busy which is why you see me doing most of the work here now. I was actually there that was a nice deal though :) I'll do the best I can with events and will hopefully get a couple going soon, but like I said I need a place to start and this is it.

Originally Posted by icice9
maybe if we get enough memebers to contribute.... Kyle will have enough funds to throw another "Z's By The Bay" event again...

silvrhand 05-12-2006 07:52 PM

Yes, yes you do, you can even create your own custom title if you want, and animated avatars.

Originally Posted by jfairladyz
Do we get "premium member" status? Like under our screenname? And premium members should get an exclusive forum so we can trash talk on all the non-premium members :D

icice9 05-12-2006 08:38 PM

done im a premium members now....

Riz Z Speed 05-13-2006 12:49 AM

they get their own titles? :(
aww man, and i like giving everyone their nicknames too! :D

you know, now that i think of it, anyone remember the old points system? You recieved meaningless points for posting and starting threads, just basic participation. haha that was fun.

entropy31 05-13-2006 02:24 AM

i remember that. i want my points back dammit!!!:armata_PDT_35:

jaffi 05-13-2006 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by CanyonCarver
I think at this point in time...... you'll kill the site. build up a bigger user base first. I'll support it.

I agree. Got to get more members. Also, as Entropy31(32) said, we should take advantage of the fact that 300zxclub is down at the moment. I will tell you from experience that it is a big website (as everybody here knows). I have been denied the ability to access it due to too much web traffic on certain nights. So, where do people go to get their Z fix? Well, no place other than Zdriver. But, like I said, there has to be rules and structure. As long as there are rules that are adhered to, I am in!!!!

jaffi 05-13-2006 04:50 AM

Hey Dave, give me a call. Biotch-Nitzche!

WildmaN 05-13-2006 07:28 AM

Well like I said before, I am not a big fan of pay sites. It kind of turns me off, and I don't ask much of this website in the first place. Like I said before, you make this a pay site. And it gets too political, and then I go elsewhere. This is my 2 cents on the subject. It is not really all about the money that ruins it. But it can destroy itself, if we get too deep into the whole Premium member thing. I am not saying it would be a total distaster. It could turn out just fine. I am just erie on another pay website, it throws a red flag at me. And also what entrophy was saying, is that we don't need a bunch of #ssholes here. And another thing I think could happen, is people could get too snobby. Not trying to offend anybody on this whole post. Just stating my opinion on the whole matter at hand.

91Zman 05-13-2006 07:33 AM

I think we need a way to attract more attention to the site.

entropy31 05-13-2006 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by jaffi
Hey Dave, give me a call. Biotch-Nitzche!

answer your phone joe.

silvrhand 05-13-2006 01:20 PM

I'm not turning the site into a pay site, but if you do pay you get access to a few things others don't that's all. I'm not looking to turn this into AOL.

Originally Posted by WildmaN
Well like I said before, I am not a big fan of pay sites. It kind of turns me off, and I don't ask much of this website in the first place. Like I said before, you make this a pay site. And it gets too political, and then I go elsewhere. This is my 2 cents on the subject. It is not really all about the money that ruins it. But it can destroy itself, if we get too deep into the whole Premium member thing. I am not saying it would be a total distaster. It could turn out just fine. I am just erie on another pay website, it throws a red flag at me. And also what entrophy was saying, is that we don't need a bunch of #ssholes here. And another thing I think could happen, is people could get too snobby. Not trying to offend anybody on this whole post. Just stating my opinion on the whole matter at hand.

silvrhand 05-13-2006 01:48 PM

This site is about Z's and always will be about Z's but if a G35 or a vette guy comes in and has casual conversation about his car and Z's all the more to them.

Originally Posted by nismo619
memeber ship to what ? zdriver.com ? or a car club that will let in 240z 260z 280z 280zx and turbo ? not like that one 350z club that wouldnt let in no body except 350z ....

WildmaN 05-13-2006 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by silvrhand
I'm not turning the site into a pay site, but if you do pay you get access to a few things others don't that's all. I'm not looking to turn this into AOL.

Okay sorry I took it the wrong way. That is mainly what I needed to know, didn't mean to upset you. And yeah I think it would be cool, to give members stuff for contributing to the cause. I was just making sure we didn't go south with a paysite. So that is all cleared up now, and by the way. I think you have been doing a really kick azz job. Keep up the good work man, this site just keeps getting better and better as you tweak on it.:038:

silvrhand 05-13-2006 05:44 PM

No need to apologize, just making sure everyone understands so that noone gets upset.

Originally Posted by WildmaN
Okay sorry I took it the wrong way. That is mainly what I needed to know, didn't mean to upset you. And yeah I think it would be cool, to give members stuff for contributing to the cause. I was just making sure we didn't go south with a paysite. So that is all cleared up now, and by the way. I think you have been doing a really kick azz job. Keep up the good work man, this site just keeps getting better and better as you tweak on it.:038: