ZDriver.com

ZDriver.com (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/)
-   For Sale (VIEW ALL) (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/sale-view-all-69/)
-   -   Wiring harness repair kit for 240Z, 260Z, 280Z and 280ZX, Turbo L28ET swaps, etc. (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/sale-view-all-69/wiring-harness-repair-kit-240z-260z-280z-280zx-turbo-l28et-swaps-etc-34456/)

FricFrac 02-07-2012 07:32 PM

Wiring harness repair kit for 240Z, 260Z, 280Z and 280ZX, Turbo L28ET swaps, etc.

I have three kits left. I've ordered more new connectors in but it will probably be a couple of weeks before I get them in so these are the last three for now. If you would like at kit please send me a PM. Price has gone up slightly to cover Paypal, Air Mail shipping and insurance from $50 to $55 for the 9 EV1 connectors, AFM and TPS connector. There is well over $100 worth of connectors here and these are also upgraded water proof versions with quick release connectors. I didn't think much about the quick release but let me tell you this weekend it sure came in handy trouble shooting an injector that wasn't firing!

Basic wire harness repair kit - $55 shipped in Canada/USA
Pig tails and water proof heat shrink (that won't melt and drip onto your engine!) - +$15

Thanks!

FricFrac 02-27-2012 11:10 AM

Kits are now back in stock for those waiting on backorder. I'll also be putting together a Z31 kit and partial kits are also available for those who only need specific connectors (eg AFM, TPS, MAF, etc).

FricFrac 05-08-2012 10:12 PM

S30/S130 and Z31 (early Z31 with normal EV1 connectors) kits are back in stock.

NismoPick 05-31-2012 09:02 AM

Thread Sticky until further notice (when kits are NLA - no longer available).

FricFrac 06-15-2012 12:19 PM

Cool thanks NismoPick - just made up some new connector kits in case anyone needs a set :) Thanks for the feedback from everyone - I've tweeked them to make it the best (and only lol) kit out there. Keep the comments coming and we'll make sure everyone's specific needs are being met. A few guys have requested custom kits and that's usually not a problem you just need to ask :)

FricFrac 09-20-2012 10:17 PM

Just got some new connector kits in. I would like to donate the proceeds from the next two kits sold on this forum (minus $10 shipping) to World Vision a charity I strongly believe in and have supported since I was a little kid. I would encourage you to consider supporting them as well and/or researching charitable organizations of your choice to make sure the majority of your donations go to those in need (Charity Navigator!).

eXp0N3nT1aL 03-09-2013 01:47 PM

81 280zx

How much for a 280zx N/A 5 speed kit and also do you think my 81 zx ecu and engine/trans will be compatible with my 79 280zx roller? the 81 is my donor car they both had the 2.8l 5 speed non turbo and the ecu says something on the back of it about not working with cars from 78 and older but it should work since I'm using the engine and ecu from the same car just putting them both in a different car. Sounds like a stupid question to me, but just making sure it won't cause any problems cause I'm not an expert in the wiring department. All I know is black is negative and red is positive and don't wire them backwards lol. Also, do you know where I can get new injectors relatively cheap? Or which models injectors will work on 280zx's. like 300zx's and stuff? I don't really want to go scavenging through the junk yard cause it's just a guessing game if they're worth using or not and it wastes a lot of gas to just go guess that the injectors will work or not. I know another year fuel injected 280zx's will work but I can never find one at the junk yard. All I ever find is v6 300zx's. :064:

PredatorZ 03-09-2013 02:19 PM

83 turbo to 81 NA conversion Kit needed

I'm getting an 83 turbo from Jamal and dropping it in my 81, I also plan on pulling the entire harness out and restoring it. I PMed you. Very excited to get her back on the road, I have a ton of work ahead, but it should be fun.

FricFrac 03-10-2013 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by eXp0N3nT1aL (Post 322409)
How much for a 280zx N/A 5 speed kit and also do you think my 81 zx ecu and engine/trans will be compatible with my 79 280zx roller? the 81 is my donor car they both had the 2.8l 5 speed non turbo and the ecu says something on the back of it about not working with cars from 78 and older but it should work since I'm using the engine and ecu from the same car just putting them both in a different car. Sounds like a stupid question to me, but just making sure it won't cause any problems cause I'm not an expert in the wiring department. All I know is black is negative and red is positive and don't wire them backwards lol. Also, do you know where I can get new injectors relatively cheap? Or which models injectors will work on 280zx's. like 300zx's and stuff? I don't really want to go scavenging through the junk yard cause it's just a guessing game if they're worth using or not and it wastes a lot of gas to just go guess that the injectors will work or not. I know another year fuel injected 280zx's will work but I can never find one at the junk yard. All I ever find is v6 300zx's. :064:

No problem running the setup - you're right about moving everything over - wiring/ecu/engine - it's just living in a different home so everything is still compatible. The wiring kit works with ALL the 280ZX variants. I always supply a couple of extras to make it all work out so you may have a spare bit or two left over from the kit.

I know the early 300ZX turbo injectors are the same CC as the turbo L28ET. You'd have to check on the NA ones but they are likely the same as well. I know the older 300ZX had a weird offset injector. You should be good with an 84-86 NA (low impedance top feed) injectors but double check on the CC rating.

ZeXy 07-15-2014 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by FricFrac (Post 312289)
Cool thanks NismoPick - just made up some new connector kits in case anyone needs a set :) Thanks for the feedback from everyone - I've tweeked them to make it the best (and only lol) kit out there. Keep the comments coming and we'll make sure everyone's specific needs are being met. A few guys have requested custom kits and that's usually not a problem you just need to ask :)

Hi FricFrac I need a connector kit, do you ship to South Africa ??

ryn004 07-16-2017 11:13 PM

Are these still available?

NismoPick 07-17-2017 02:56 PM

Unfortunately FricFrac will be unavailable for a few years. I now have a kit for $35 shipped.

https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...a5&oe=59C73DF6

ryn004 07-18-2017 01:06 AM

Thanks for the reply, kinda misread the description as I need more than the injector harness for my swap. Will keep this page bookmarked in case I need the above.