Motorsports This board is for Z Racers who compete in Autocross, Road Racing and Time Trials. Focus will be on car set up and modifications. Event coverage, and race parts for sale or trade.

Should we move this forum over to HybridZ ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2004, 04:03 PM

Should we move this forum over to HybridZ ?

Hey All,
I was thinking that since we all post in several different websites it would be easier to post at just one . I was thinking that HybridZ .com is a neutral site and is pretty active .

What do you all think about phasing out the Zdriver racing boards and move over there . Heck, most of us are already posting there anyway

Mike
Old 02-18-2004, 09:00 AM

My 2 cents is leave a good thing alone. I like the forum as it is with real racing issues and info. Not with folks that may not even be into the serious racing Z scene. I think it is fine where it is. Instead of being run over with things that are not relevant,feasable or possible. I like the fact if you have a problem on your susp or you are lookig for tech advice on your motor, you can use the resources here and not have to go through the stuff of someone building a twin turbo supercharged ,squeeze shot equipped, 2000 hp,tube frame,aircraft braked, "street car"
It is fine how it is....off the soapbox, I hope I have not offended anyone and become the cumugeon you'all avoid.
OK 3 cents.....
Prowrench.
Old 02-18-2004, 09:38 AM

Originally posted by pylon_boy
(it's not attracting alot of attention, so we don't have many people like the skyline dude posting much).
That funny.

I don't post much under this section mainly because I don't much racing, but i do enjoy seeing what you guys have to say about it. I find it interesting. I would prefer that this section wasa kept where it is. Thanks.
Old 02-18-2004, 03:09 PM

my view is that if you move this forum to another site it will get lost in the depths of that site and cluttered up with tyre kickers that think racing is driving fast round roundabouts and shopping carparks at night. you have a very good thing going here with a wealth of sensible practical knowledge being shared by sensible friendly like minded people and I for one would be sorry to see it go. someone elses turn on the soapbox now. cheers for now ben
Old 02-18-2004, 03:23 PM

Keep it, we aren't burning up that much cyber space. Besides this is the only site I have seen prowrench and drsideways post. Two of the most experienced and helpful people on the net.
Old 02-18-2004, 06:12 PM

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. I guess I'll go against the majority and put a vote in to move to Hybrid Z. I kinda think it's going in that direction anyway. They have a motorsports board there, just the same as here, and half the guys that write on here, are already there! I don't think there's much chance on getting lost.

Plus, I hate to say it, but the site is much more active. There's a good size pool of heads to bounce ideas off of, and knowledgable ones at that. John Coffey is a regular over there, and judging by his success in the past, he's a welcome addition to any forum.

As for the super modify types, there are many, but there are also more guys who are looking to tweak a little like here.

For people like "the skyline dude", they are dealt with in a timely manner.

Phil
Old 02-19-2004, 01:38 PM

Thanks for the kind words SP(zlalomz). I dont like that site cause its too dang busy. You do have a good point in the fact that their is a large pool of knowledge. But I still like it here so there is 2 more cents. I'll stop spending now LOL!
Prowrench