ZDriver.com

ZDriver.com (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/)
-   Motorsports (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/motorsports-14/)
-   -   Bleeding Dual Masters (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/motorsports-14/bleeding-dual-masters-11905/)

preith 02-25-2005 09:18 PM

Bleeding Dual Masters

I have the Tilton dual master cylinder setup, with the adjustable balance bar, all in all a pretty slick set up, but it is a royal PITA to bleed. I was wondering if anyone had a trick up their sleeve?

I’ve tried the ‘ole mighty vac, and the speed bleeders, but nothing seems to work as good as the old fashion way, with a helper. The only problem is I have to disconnect one master cylinder at a time and reconnect with other. It’s time consuming and I loose the master cylinder rod adjustments every time too.

Sounds kind of funny, but the only thing I can think of is to have a team of three (stooges) and simultaneously get the back and front at the same time.

tholt29 02-28-2005 07:55 AM

I've got that setup and confused why it's so difficult for you. Why do you have to disconnect each MC? I've never done that... The systems are completely independent (except for the pedal). I bleed one end and then the other. I use speed bleeders and do it alone without issue... I have had some bubbles up high that were a pain to burp, but I never had to disconnect the MCs...

Tom

preith 02-28-2005 11:29 AM

Thanks for the reply. During the initial bleeding, it seemed to work best this way, just because I could more accurately judge how each end progressed without fighting each other. I think I may have read this somewhere as well, and assumed that's the way it had to be done all the time. I feel kind of dumb now. I'll bleed them just like I would any normal setup and see how it does.

Rotten Robby 03-13-2005 10:03 PM

Hey Phil

Long time... Are you still using the parts you bought from me all those years ago?

preith 03-14-2005 07:07 AM

Holy S#$%, it's Rob Sime! For everyone else, Rob was, or is, one of the original members of the IZCC. The only parts I can remember is actually just the one, the Quickor adjustable rear sway bar, which I do still have. Now have it mounted with aluminum pillow blocks now. I'll try emailing or PM'ing you.

Rotten Robby 03-14-2005 07:53 AM

Yup... In the flesh...

I took a little time off Z cars, mostly just to find the right one after my Fairlady got totalled by an idiot in a Trans Am trying to race me in rush hour traffic. He just couldn't understand why I wouldn't go for it... I found a 73 240Z last year that is one owner, quite modified in the right way, and only needs paint and interior work.
Nice to see your still around. Waukasha anywhere near Millwaukee? I got cheated out of $380.00 by a guy in Millwaukee calling himself Bob Douglas in an internet scam.
Anyway, later,,, I am of to work.

preith 03-14-2005 10:27 AM

Waukesha is just outside of Milwaukee. If you have a his address, I'd be happy to take a trip over there. It's not like I'd pick a fight or anything, but maybe confront him about it. I got ripped off by the infamous Jim Edwards, so I know how it feels... Email me.