The Lounge (Off Topic) Talk about daily events, or other items not really related to the ZCars in any way.

would you buy a shirt

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 09:25 AM

would you buy a shirt

I am going to be making car shirts for a little extra cash. As of right now while Im learning to use the embroidery machines, they will just be outlines of cars(Zs in your case). I will be able to make them pretty much any color on a white or black t-shirt. I will be able to add text but will probably charge an extra dollar or two. Also, when I get the hang of using the machines, I will be able to do a little more custom work, even if you want to send in a picture of your car. Im just seeing if anyone would be interested in one of these shirts. I think $10 for a shirt seemed like a fair introductory price and maybe $12 for one with text. These are quality embroidered shirts made with a professional embroidery machine.
Would anyone here be interested? If you are, please email me at awoods@mail.vjc.edu and I will keep you in touch for when I get these things going(hopefully in the next week)
If not, leave some feedback, tell me what would make you want one.
If you are wondering who I am, I am Andrew, and I spend most of my time on 300zxclub.com but I come here every once in a while to read up on 280zx stuff, I dont really post at all. I am an honest seller, and figured since I use so much information from here, I would give back to here, so tell me if you would be interested or leave some feedback. thanks
Old 12-19-2006, 09:29 AM
Queen of Yachts

Location: warmspott, trollville.......somewhere sailing the seas--fla, virgin islands...wherever....warm water....LOL
andrew--3zc site won't let my ultra slow system access the site--good of you to come here--thanx--sounds like a good idea--will you be able to do logos -----there are some i have seen of embroidery that i liked------
Old 12-19-2006, 09:31 AM

yea I should be able to start with single, maybe two color logos. Like I said, I have never used machines like these before, but I start learning today and am very fortunate to get free access to these machines. I am hopingto be able to expand my possibilities, but would like to start out fairly simple. I could probably put a nissan logo on the shirt instead of the text for the additional 2 dollars if one wanted, but I will find out for sure in the next week of my training with the machines and software
Old 12-19-2006, 09:45 AM
Queen of Yachts

Location: warmspott, trollville.......somewhere sailing the seas--fla, virgin islands...wherever....warm water....LOL
too bad you are in md---i yam in ca------i could hep yaz out a smidge if i was dere-------

once you get settled with the machine, let me know---i have some ideas----pm me here, ok?? or start a new thread--i do not know if i will be able to access 3zc with my slowass internets............and ythe federal jamming i am sure we have here.................
Old 12-19-2006, 09:52 AM

Ill be sure to let you know. Ill make a thread with all my options hopefully in about a week that is ready to accept some orders if it seems like people will be interested. Im also always open to suggestions, tips, ideas, designs, whatever I can do with the skills I will be learning. Oh and if your on firefox and getting the shared ip thing from 300zxclub.com try
www.300zxclub.com/index.php?
Old 12-19-2006, 04:20 PM

Id be up for a 260Z shirt fo sho...

To go with my I am the Stig Tee heehee
Old 12-19-2006, 04:54 PM
The Cake Is A Lie!

Originally Posted by Coolie
To go with my I am the Stig Tee heehee
wait, where can i find one of those??
Old 12-19-2006, 07:02 PM
Über User

hahah^^^ that is funny... and id buy a Tshirt... one z32 and one early s30... preferably a 260z.... but only if they were totally bad ***... otherwise i like non pictured shirts. you should make some that say, official z club member... or soemthing like the porsche guys.
Old 12-19-2006, 07:14 PM

ok. I am very happy to see people with great ideas and that are willing to buy them. If you have any ideas, keep them in mind so when I get this officially going with official prices, we can work together to get you one of my shirts, or one you design and that I can work into an embroidery.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:50 PM
Big Poppa

how bout a pic of a honda, with the saying "got rice?" or "soy sauce injection" on it, just to give the honduhs a hard time
Old 12-19-2006, 08:55 PM
Über User

haha.. that or... my car runs on sunshine and farts... or soem way to make fun of there ULEV sticker they got.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:56 PM
Über User

or.... a line up of some sayings ive seen on here. for one i like entrpy;s avatar, that would be a sweet picture with a Z symbol on the back. and sayings like. my lug nuts require more torque than what your honda makes. or.... if nismo is nissan motorsports, is homo honda motorsports? i likethose.. i think i stole em from apollo and napolean. but meh.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by entropy31
wait, where can i find one of those??
But that would be telling!

Ok its from the topgear site
Old 12-19-2006, 10:35 PM
Queen of Yachts

crush a can, take its pic--made from crushed japanese beer cans-----oops--thats a sentra.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:46 PM
The Cake Is A Lie!

i guess most of you werent around when i made these. gosh, must have been a year or 2 since i first posted them.
Attached Thumbnails would you buy a shirt-instant-rice-copy.jpg   would you buy a shirt-pwrdbyrice-copy.jpg  
Old 12-19-2006, 11:59 PM

haha yes yes. I will get around to making honda hater shirts. I have been working with the software all night(its 3am) and im hittin the hay. Ive got a pretty decent looking 280zx outline that says 280zx under it. If I get a chance before work to make a shirt out of it, I will post a pic. The software is more difficult to use than expected, so I am taking it one step at a time, trying to get the best possible detail from an embroidery. I think it will turn out and I cant wait to get going, and then I can work on honda hating shirts
Old 12-20-2006, 07:08 AM
Big Poppa

you can just do a heat transfer instead of the embroidery? seems harder and more expensive to do all the stiching instead of heat transfer. the local t-shirt places charge 30 for setup of your own graphic and 15 per shirt.
Old 12-20-2006, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by SHADY280
you can just do a heat transfer instead of the embroidery? seems harder and more expensive to do all the stiching instead of heat transfer. the local t-shirt places charge 30 for setup of your own graphic and 15 per shirt.

I've made up quite a few of my own t-shirts and polos that way .. some succesful, some not .. LOL!

I'll have to post pics ...
Old 12-20-2006, 09:06 AM

from what I have heard, the heat transferred shirts tend to not be of the same quality of an actual stictched embroidery. You are right that the embroidery is 100x more difficult to work with and probably more expensive to make, but I would like to make sure it is high quality, even if it loses some details. I am almost finished the design of my 280zx in a sew file and I think it looks pretty cool for my first attempt.
Old 12-20-2006, 09:24 AM

Heat transfer and embroidery are different techniques and provide different results. You have to keep that in-mind when "ordering" or "making" the shirts (polo's especially).
Old 12-20-2006, 10:26 AM
The Evil Twin

I'd like one!
I'd be ok with pretty much any 240Z-280ZX as the car, preferrably one with the usual MSA bodykit and lowered.

$12 is a good price. any chance you may have long sleeve t-shirts available too? its cold up here in Seattle.
Old 12-20-2006, 05:29 PM
Über User

heat transfer wears out... adn yes.. a polo... made form microfiber though. so its all stretchy and i need a small. lol...
Old 12-20-2006, 06:20 PM
No Club Love

Small? what i'm a xtra-large and am just a punk..lol Yeah i'm intrested, especially since it's christmas. Could you do it on pull overs(hoodies) for all you young'ns. Could you do like some ford products, that way i can get one for each of my family...Like a 67' cougar, a 64 falcon wagon, a 240z, a 50 merc. and maybe some others....TeHe that way i can buy presents for every one this year..lol
Old 12-20-2006, 07:08 PM
The Cake Is A Lie!

polo sounds good. gotta have a z32 slicktop though.
Old 12-20-2006, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by wreckedj30
Small? what i'm a xtra-large and am just a punk..lol Yeah i'm intrested, especially since it's christmas. Could you do it on pull overs(hoodies) for all you young'ns. Could you do like some ford products, that way i can get one for each of my family...Like a 67' cougar, a 64 falcon wagon, a 240z, a 50 merc. and maybe some others....TeHe that way i can buy presents for every one this year..lol
Hey I would love to get those to you, unfortunately all those designs arent possible before christmas. If you would like them as bday presents for the upcoming birthdays of these people or whatever, I would be happy to get going on some ford things. I did my test shirt tonight of my 280zx in outline with the text datsun 280zx and it turned out good but it took much longer than expected.
the price may slightly increase because of the time involved in making these shirts and obviously prices would increase for polos just because of the cost of the polo. I would, however, like to keep prices as low as possible for everyone because I am just nice like that. I will keep everyone updated on the shirts, what options will be available, etc very soon. I also own a domain name from years ago, that I will be redesigning this week to show off the shirts, options and prices. When that gets up, I will be sure to let you all know of it

Quick Reply: would you buy a shirt